• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

You..you do realize this would make it easier for minorities to vote, right? Like significantly easier?

I never thought I'd see the day where progressives were demanding more restrictive voting policies. Less restrictive voting policies, both for primaries and general election, disproportionately benefit minorities. Would have helped us in 2008 immensely for Obama. One primary election where it would have helped young voters (minorities and whites) and all of a sudden "Screw You Sanders".

Same day registration I have no problem with, but under Sanders' demands someone can show up to their polling place, refuse to register at that time as a Democrat, and still get to vote in the Democratic Party contest. Screw that, if you can't be bothered to register as a member of the party THE SAME DAMN DAY you're showing up to vote in that party's primary then you have no business voting in their primary contest.

kirblar

What would even happen if Trump pivoted now? Would anyone believe him?
No one can pivot anymore. That's what the pundits don't understand - that's based on a pre-internet idea of how things work.

This is why Clinton didn't budge vs Bernie- if she moves, she's stuck with the move.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Also, Glenn Greenwald is super wrong.
What else is new?

Anderson Cooper dragging Florida AG Pam Bondi on her hypocrisy saying she supports the LGBT community is an amazing thing to watch:

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/742790559748743168
"I was only fighting gay people because the voters told me to!"

"Pardon me, Anderson, let me just hide behind the victims and family members for the next few minutes."

Oh man, that clasped hands bit at the end.

I would love for Christie to actually identify this magical overseas target that would prevent an American citizen from going on a shooting spree in America.

Ck8LASLWEAAOjKe.jpg:large

untitled-2wqlki.gif
giphy.gif

Wilsongt

What else is new?

"I was only fighting gay people because the voters told me to!"

"Pardon me, Anderson, let me just hide behind the victims and family members for the next few minutes."

Oh man, that clasped hands bit at the end.

I would love for Christie to actually identify this magical overseas target that would prevent an American citizen from going on a shooting spree in America.

Carpet bomb the entire middle east and get rid of all brown people starting with Iran and Palestine. Duh.

Besides, we already did that two times and look at where we are today. It's like these people forget the Bushes invaded the place already.

They call Killary a war hawk yet look at how much the GoP calls for killing people and going to war.

That % of people who would never vote...

I mean, even if they are exaggerating in response, the amount of work you'd have to put into convincing someone who responds like that to change their view to voting for Trump is downright hilarious.

You..you do realize this would make it easier for minorities to vote, right? Like significantly easier?

I never thought I'd see the day where progressives were demanding more restrictive voting policies. Less restrictive voting policies, both for primaries and general election, disproportionately benefit minorities. Would have helped us in 2008 immensely for Obama. One primary election where it would have helped young voters (minorities and whites) and all of a sudden "Screw You Sanders".

There's definitely some degree of people deciding what is "right" based on what they perceive as benefitting their preferred candidate. This primary season I've seen some Clinton supporters defend New York's six-month deadline for changing party registration, while some Sanders supporters have attacked early voting.

avaya

My dad yesterday: "What would the world lose if you nuked every country in the middle east? Nothing."

I mean for one Haliburton could make money by selling expensive methods of oil extraction from beneath solid glass in a highly radioactive environment. Quite positive for a oil services sector which is under tremendous pressure right now.

avaya

And what would the world gain? An entire planet pissed off at a bunch of US congressman and a president who committed the crime.

People need to fucking think.

The nuclear winter that would result would be a more pressing concern rather than anger at the US.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
http://warontherocks.com/2016/03/open-letter-on-donald-trump-from-gop-national-security-leaders/

We the undersigned, members of the Republican national security community, represent a broad spectrum of opinion on America’s role in the world and what is necessary to keep us safe and prosperous. We have disagreed with one another on many issues, including the Iraq war and intervention in Syria. But we are united in our opposition to a Donald Trump presidency. Recognizing as we do, the conditions in American politics that have contributed to his popularity, we nonetheless are obligated to state our core objections clearly:

His vision of American influence and power in the world is wildly inconsistent and unmoored in principle. He swings from isolationism to military adventurism within the space of one sentence.

His advocacy for aggressively waging trade wars is a recipe for economic disaster in a globally connected world.

His embrace of the expansive use of torture is inexcusable.

His hateful, anti-Muslim rhetoric undercuts the seriousness of combating Islamic radicalism by alienating partners in the Islamic world making significant contributions to the effort. Furthermore, it endangers the safety and Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms of American Muslims.

Controlling our border and preventing illegal immigration is a serious issue, but his insistence that Mexico will fund a wall on the southern border inflames unhelpful passions, and rests on an utter misreading of, and contempt for, our southern neighbor.

Similarly, his insistence that close allies such as Japan must pay vast sums for protection is the sentiment of a racketeer, not the leader of the alliances that have served us so well since World War II.

His admiration for foreign dictators such as Vladimir Putin is unacceptable for the leader of the world’s greatest democracy.

He is fundamentally dishonest. Evidence of this includes his attempts to deny positions he has unquestionably taken in the past, including on the 2003 Iraq war and the 2011 Libyan conflict. We accept that views evolve over time, but this is simply misrepresentation.

His equation of business acumen with foreign policy experience is false. Not all lethal conflicts can be resolved as a real estate deal might, and there is no recourse to bankruptcy court in international affairs.

Mr. Trump’s own statements lead us to conclude that as president, he would use the authority of his office to act in ways that make America less safe, and which would diminish our standing in the world. Furthermore, his expansive view of how presidential power should be wielded against his detractors poses a distinct threat to civil liberty in the United States. Therefore, as committed and loyal Republicans, we are unable to support a Party ticket with Mr. Trump at its head. We commit ourselves to working energetically to prevent the election of someone so utterly unfitted to the office.

Ken Adelman
David Adesnik
Michael Auslin
Mike Baker
Christopher Barton
Kevin W. Billings
Robert D. Blackwill
Daniel A. Blumenthal
Max Boot
Ellen Bork
Anna Borshchevskaya
Joseph A. Bosco
Michael Chertoff
Patrick Chovanec
James Clad
Eliot A. Cohen
Gus Coldebella
Carrie Cordero
Michael Coulter
Chester A. Crocker
Patrick M. Cronin
Seth Cropsey
Tom Donnelly
Daniel Drezner
Colin Dueck
Eric Edelman
Joseph Esposito
Charles Fairbanks
Richard A. Falkenrath
Peter D. Feaver
Niall Ferguson
Richard Fontaine
Aaron Friedberg
Dan Gabriel
Greg Garcia
Jana Chapman Gates
Jeffrey Gedmin
Reuel Marc Gerecht
James K. Glassman
David Gordon
Christopher J. Griffin
Mary R. Habeck
Paul Haenle
Melinda Haring
Robert Hastings
Rebeccah Heinrichs
Francis Q. Hoang
Rachel Hoff
Jeffrey W. Hornung
William C. Inboden
Jamil N. Jaffer
Ash Jain
Marc C. Johnson
Myriah Jordan
Robert G. Joseph
Tim Kane
Kate Kidder
Robert Kagan
Rep. Jim Kolbe
David Kramer
Stephen Krasner
Matthew Kroenig
Frank Lavin
Philip I. Levy
Philip Lohaus
Mary Beth Long
Peter Mansoor
John Maurer
Matthew McCabe
Bryan McGrath
Richard G. Miles
Paul D. Miller
Charles Morrison
Michael B. Mukasey
Scott W. Muller
Lester Munson
Andrew S. Natsios
Michael Noonan
Tom Nichols
John Noonan
Roger F. Noriega
Stephen E. Ockenden
John Osborn
Robert T. Osterhaler
Mackubin T. Owens
Daniel Pipes
Everett Pyatt
Martha T. Rainville
Stephen Rodriguez
Marc A. Ross
Nicholas Rostow
Michael Rubin
Daniel F. Runde
Benjamin Runkle
Richard L. Russell
Andrew Sagor
Kori Schake
Randy Scheunemann
Gary J. Schmitt
Gabriel Schoenfeld
Russell Seitz
Kalev I. Sepp
Vance Serchuk
David R. Shedd
Gary Shiffman
Kristen Silverberg
Michael Singh
Ray Takeyh
Jeremy Teigen
William H. Tobey
Frances F. Townsend
Jan Van Tol
Daniel Vajdich
Ruth Wedgwood
Albert Wolf
Julie Wood
Dov S. Zakheim
Roger Zakheim
Sam Zega
Philip Zelikow
Robert B. Zoellick
Laurence Zuriff

Number of Signatories: 121

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
My dad yesterday: "What would the world lose if you nuked every country in the middle east? Nothing."

Who's doing the nuking? The USA? Pretty sure we'd lose every ally and trading partner we had and find pretty much every country on Earth declaring war on us simultaneously for unprecedented crimes against humanity. I guess that's a small price to pay for a racist genocide, if you're a big enough fuckwit to support that kind of thing.

studyguy

DWS is out this year anyway. What exactly do they hope to even accomplish? I just don't see it other than some shifty moral victory.

Her just obvious happiness gets me every single time. Also that poll asked the people who could better deal with this type of issue if it were to happen again. Trump only leads her by 4 on that metric. That's great for us. Shows any bump he could get is going to be small like his hands.

I am still baffled why he would lead her on that scenario at all, ugh. People are fuckin stupid

Teggy

Still waiting for Trump's tweet where he congratulates himself for being the healthiest 70 year old on the planet.

Out of curiosity, I compared the Trump kids timelines.

Ivanka pretty much avoids politics entirely. She wished her dad a happy birthday but other than that she hadn't even mentioned him for at least a month.

Eric posts stuff about the campaign, but mostly just positive things people say about his dad and other than that stuff about Trump construction.

Donald Jr.'s is pretty much just a tire fire on par with his dad's.

I wonder how this relates to how they really feel about the election. Supposedly Ivanka's husband is really involved in the campaign, though.

I want James carville's plantation owner accent. Didn't metsfan attend a class of his? Lucky.
No, haven't actually watched much snl. Don't hurt me htom

Wilsongt

Did my part and voted in a local election today because I am not a petty millenial and I understand how important local elections can be.

Guess who is the Treasurer for Trump's SuperPAC?

Steven Hoffenberg, one of the brashest figures on the New York business scene, pleaded guilty yesterday to criminal conspiracy and fraud charges in connection with a $460 million scheme that was described by prosecutors as one of the largest financial swindles in history.

Mr. Hoffenberg was ashen and hollow-cheeked -- in contrast with his robust appearance at court hearings last year -- as his lawyer, Jeffrey Hoffman, told Judge Robert Sweet of the Federal District Court in Manhattan that a confession was being offered "to spare Mr. Hoffenberg the trauma, embarrassment and expense of a trial."

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/21/business/hoffenberg-confesses-to-ponzi-scheme.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom