• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

Of course they made a mistake. The candidates had 36, 36*2, and 36*3 votes!

I remember in one election I was watching earlier this year all the candidates in certain districts or ridings or whatever you want to call them had over 50% of the vote. I felt like laughing like crazy when I saw it. The mistake was fixed eventually.

itschris

Of course they made a mistake. The candidates had 36, 36*2, and 36*3 votes!

Hehe, I didn't catch that. Assuming it was a mistake, it hasn't been fixed yet. Those numbers were all from Ward 4 - if you go to NYT's DC page, it's still the same. It's just that the other Wards have started reporting, so the overall number makes sense.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/district-of-columbia

EDIT: It's been fixed - Ward 4 is 81.5% Clinton now.

SHOCKING

Ck86mXIUkAENtv2.jpg:large

There. Are. No. More. Primaries. Holy crap. WE MADE IT! Yet Bernie still refuses to concede. What a dick.
Irving, TX canceled a Trump rally because they were not given proper notice to ensure security.
That's a shame. It'd be hilarious for him to have wasted an afternoon in Texas.

I just want to say that what happened at that bar is the reason I'm still in the closet. Rick Scott refusing to acknowledge that I am a target is the reason I'm still in the closet. Donald Trump not even mentioning that this was an attack on homosexuals is the reason I'm still in the closet.

I just want to say that what happened at that bar is the reason I'm still in the closet. Rick Scott refusing to acknowledge that I am a target is the reason I'm still in the closet. Donald Trump not even mentioning that this was an attack on homosexuals is the reason I'm still in the closet.

: hugs :

I'm sorry.

User1608

Banned
Sorry Kristoffer.:(

I thought Trump had tried to appeal to LGBT voters in a very Trumpian way attacking Clinton for hypocrisy about saying she's an LGBT ally and yet wants to let Muslims in to oppress them (while being a hypocrite about his own intent to oppress LGBT).

Are either Clinton or Sour Sanders holding events today?

I thought Trump had tried to appeal to LGBT voters in a very Trumpian way attacking Clinton for hypocrisy about saying she's an LGBT ally and yet wants to let Muslims in to oppress them (while being a hypocrite about his own intent to oppress LGBT).

No, theyre meeting privately in a hotel.

And I know when you think "private" "hotel" and "Clinton" you think Bill.

They are meeting together right now

Hello PoliGAF:

I’ve lurked the forums for literally years and finally got an account. Over the years I have learned a lot from PoliGaf: Modern Monetary Theory, reading the cross-tabs in polls, the rhetorical use of Drag Race gifs. Above all, I have come to really appreciate a forum full of thoughtful, knowledgable members where no one calls each other “cuck.” So I finally joined. I live in Kentucky, and got the chance to shake Hillary’s hand a few weeks ago. I had a chance to ask Huma for a selfie but chickened out because she was talking on her bluetooth and it would’ve been too weird. I also worked on the Obama campaign in an east coast state in ’08. My favorite political books are probably Master of the Senate and Rick Perlstein’s Before the Storm.

Also I like video games. A list of lifetime sentimental favorites would include King’s Quest 1&2, Blaster Master, Punch Out, SMB3, Sid Meier’s Pirates!, Master of Orion, Herzog Zwei, Ghouls ’N Ghosts, Revenge of Shinobi, Tie Fighter, Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye, Shadow of the Colossus; and more recently, Bloodborne, TLoU, and open-world games like Witcher 3, RDR, and GTA5.

Anyway, glad to be here. I shall do my best to enter purse-first, so here’s a Vic Berger video of Trump humping the flag: https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/742875659614179328

-IggyChooChoo

thcsquad

The first results are in for DC:

Bernie Sanders - 108 votes (50%)
Hillary Clinton - 72 votes (33.3%)
Rocky De La Fuente - 36 votes (16.7%)

Everybody panic!

108 supporters? Bernie is a Tenkai star confirmed. All of you establishment Jowy supporters need to understand you can't fight Luca Blight from inside the system!

johnsmith

remember me
Daily Kos talks about weird it is that Clinton's speeches and assaults on Trump are basically going unanswered by the GOP. She gives a big speech at Planned Parenthood and we hear nothing from them. They say it's because they secretly want her to win, but to me it just seems like plain old incompetence. Hope Hicks is hopelessly outmatched and outgunned here.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...on-Trump-almost-suggests-they-want-her-to-win

An amazing thing happened—again—following Hillary Clinton’s second major address in the last week targeting Donald Trump’s unfitness to serve as president. After her latest speech, an ardently progressive oration on reproductive freedoms delivered as the keynote speaker to a Planned Parenthood conference—in which she called for increased government funding for Planned Parenthood and expanded access to abortion care—all that Republicans could muster up in response was a single paragraph of boilerplate from the RNC that didn’t even mention the GOP's own nominee—and that the committee didn’t even bother to tweet out. If there was a coordinated response to push back against Clinton’s general election kickoff (which was carried live by cable news networks), it bordered on the invisible.

And yet, remarkably, that was more than Republicans managed after Clinton’s devastating declamation in San Diego a week earlier, in which she eviscerated Trump on foreign policy and reminded the media and voters alike just how perfectly suited she is prosecute the case against this clownish, gilt-plated grifter who hijacked a quiescent Republican Party and now threatens the world’s safety. After that speech, the RNC said nothing at all. The only press release it issued was sent out before Clinton even spoke. Following her talk came only dead silence from the Republicans.

What could possibly account for this? Is the RNC criminally incompetent? That diagnosis can never be ruled out. But even the most incapable party organization ought to be able to put together some kind of rapid response after its long-feared opponent bloodies its nominee so thoroughly and publicly. And this reticence goes far beyond the RNC: The entire GOP establishment seems to prefer attacking Trump to Clinton these days, and said hardly a thing about the former secretary of state’s speeches. So could there be another explanation?

Daily Kos talks about weird it is that Clinton's speeches and assaults on Drumpf are basically going unanswered by the GOP. She gives a big speech at Planned Parenthood and we hear nothing from them. They say it's because they secretly want her to win, but to me it just seems like plain old incompetence.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...n-Drumpf-almost-suggests-they-want-her-to-win

Ignoring them is a way of not acknowledging their weaknesses. It also means that less attention is drawn to the speeches.

Hello PoliGAF:

I’ve lurked the forums for literally years and finally got an account. Over the years I have learned a lot from PoliGaf: Modern Monetary Theory, reading the cross-tabs in polls, the rhetorical use of Drag Race gifs. Above all, I have come to really appreciate a forum full of thoughtful, knowledgable members where no one calls each other “cuck.” So I finally joined. I live in Kentucky, and got the chance to shake Hillary’s hand a few weeks ago. I had a chance to ask Huma for a selfie but chickened out because she was talking on her bluetooth and it would’ve been too weird. I also worked on the Obama campaign in an east coast state in ’08. My favorite political books are probably Master of the Senate and Rick Perlstein’s Before the Storm.

Also I like video games. A list of lifetime sentimental favorites would include King’s Quest 1&2, Blaster Master, Punch Out, SMB3, Sid Meier’s Pirates!, Master of Orion, Herzog Zwei, Ghouls ’N Ghosts, Revenge of Shinobi, Tie Fighter, Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye, Shadow of the Colossus; and more recently, Bloodborne, TLoU, and open-world games like Witcher 3, RDR, and GTA5.

Anyway, glad to be here. I shall do my best to enter purse-first, so here’s a Vic Berger video of Trump humping the flag: https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/742875659614179328

-IggyChooChoo

tumblr_inline_o5ws57hSQ71qisv1q_500.gif

You're an establishment shill now. Congrats. Your checks from Correct the Record may take 7-10 days to come through. We can't email you about them because we're not allowed to use email anymore. :(

Gruco

Banned
Daily Kos talks about weird it is that Clinton's speeches and assaults on Trump are basically going unanswered by the GOP. She gives a big speech at Planned Parenthood and we hear nothing from them. They say it's because they secretly want her to win, but to me it just seems like plain old incompetence. Hope Hicks is hopelessly outmatched and outgunned here.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...on-Trump-almost-suggests-they-want-her-to-win

The Trump campaign has no surrogates or rapid response team. Regardless of whether they secretly want Clinton to win, there is no real coordinated response, and to whatever extent there is, it's driven by Trump's rants, and nobody wants to attach themselves to that shit.

Diablos

Michael Briggs, Sanders' spokesman, said Sanders will speak via live video "directly to grassroots supporters from Burlington (Vt.) on Thursday night about how the revolution continues."

"I expect that he will be a candidate through the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, as he has said before," Briggs said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...et-senate-democrats-hillary-clinton/85826716/

Oh for fuck's sake. If he's staying in as a candidate then why is he doing it via a live feed?

CONCEDE

He's not staying in. Every candidate talks about how they're going to continue their campaign. Kasich was still talking about staying in, mere hours before he dropped out.

He wouldn't hold a live stream if he wasn't dropping out

gaugebozo

Hello PoliGAF:

-IggyChooChoo

Welcome! Offer some incense at the feet of this statue of Hillary, and you can stay. Your video game taste may be too good though :-/

tumblr_inline_o5ws57hSQ71qisv1q_500.gif

You're an establishment shill now. Congrats. Your checks from Correct the Record may take 7-10 days to come through. We can't email you about them because we're not allowed to use email anymore. :(

Thanks! I actually was accused of being from Correct the Record on reddit one time. The odd thing was that the other person in the thread arguing for Hillary seemed to actually admit he was working for them, which made me jealous, doing that shit for free like a chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom