• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

itschris

It seems like these are the final results for DC, unless there are a few votes left somewhere (which shouldn't change the results much anyway):

UlSC2o1.png

Also:

The Atlantic - There's No Such Thing as Nice Trump

“I am getting I-told-you-so delivered to my house by the truckload every day,” Rick Wilson, the Florida Republican consultant who has vocally opposed Trump from the beginning, told me. “I am eating up the I-told-you-so like a fat kid eats cake.”

Wilson had little patience for the idea that Trump might still turn it around. “He’s 70 years old. He’s a narcissistic sociopath. He’s not going to change,” he said. “There is no better version of Donald Trump, no mindful, serious, presidential version, only the reality-TV, con-man, pro-wrestling dipshit Donald Trump.”

In Richmond, many Trump supporters told me they didn’t approve of his comments about Curiel but were willing to give him a pass. They didn’t think the statement made him a racist. “Should he have said that publicly? No,” John Shea, a 31-year-old from Chesterfield, told me. “But he doesn’t take shit, and I like that.”

“What got him to this point is saying what he thinks,” said Mark Goyne, an automotive consultant from Short Pump. “He’s not reading off a teleprompter. He’s saying the things a whole lot of people think but can’t say out loud.”

“I think people will come to their senses and realize it’s just words—that’s all it is,” said Ken Robberson, a building engineer and volunteer firefighter from King William. We fell into a discussion of race relations, and Robberson leaned over to whisper in my ear. “You know, there’s a difference between black people and niggers,” he said, perhaps referencing a classic Chris Rock routine. “There’s white niggers, too. It’s an attitude.”

AntoneM

I don't know that he wants an off ramp, but I don't think he ever wanted to be President. Do I think he thinks he could be President? Yes Do I think his ego is pushing him....yes. Do I think that he wants to do this anymore? No. But I don't think he can stop.

Also, anyone having a drink in honor of Queen's final primary victory?

I took a Smirnoff Ice Screwdriver, mixed in a shot of whipped vodka, a shot of orange vodka, and a splash of orange soda.

GOOD.

Dr. Pepper, vanilla vodka, and and little bit of sours sounds like it would be right up your alley.

Trump is a crazy narcissist. Why would he want an off ramp?

Because he doesn't want to lose? This would be a giant repudiation of him as a person. I don't know that his ego can stand it. I don't ever think he entered this to win it. He did it for promotional purposes, but then it got out of hand. Now, he's stuck. He can't shut up. He doesn't want to lose. He knows he's going to....I can foresee an argument for him wanting to get the fuck out while being able to shout FRAUD and whatever.

This is big. Facebook is rolling out a suicide prevention tool globally:

The tool works much like a regular button that lets you report posts, but you can choose to let Facebook reach out to that friend and offer a helpline or supporting materials to guide them through their difficult time.

Previously, this tool was available to some English-speaking users but will now roll out globally. Facebook says it has a team to monitor flagged posts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In 2014, Facebook came under fire for manipulating users’ timelines to prioritize positive vs. negative posts to see how they affected the user’s emotions. However, we also know Facebook’s algorithm prioritizes posts with comments like “Congratulations” – that’s why you almost always see updates of friends who’ve recently gotten engaged, gave birth, graduated from school, or got a new job.
According to the New York Times, Facebook’s researchers found that posts with negative associations typically received long, empathetic comments – so it wouldn’t be surprising for this to surface more for feeds of friends who regularly communicate with the original poster.

http://thenextweb.com/facebook/2016/06/14/facebooks-support-tool-suicide-prevention-rolls-globally/

Hopefully it will have a positive impact. I remember when they did that manipulation study. It's good that something good has come out of it even if it was a gross misuse without users consent.

pigeon

Banned
Because he doesn't want to lose? This would be a giant repudiation of him as a person. I don't know that his ego can stand it. I don't ever think he entered this to win it. He did it for promotional purposes, but then it got out of hand. Now, he's stuck. He can't shut up. He doesn't want to lose. He knows he's going to....I can foresee an argument for him wanting to get the fuck out while being able to shout FRAUD and whatever.

The whole point of being a narcissist is that he doesn't know he's going to lose. He's not surrounded by people who tell him he's going to lose. He thinks he'll win.

And, I mean, remember that Mitt Romney, not exactly a Trump, thought he was going to win. Hell, Bernie Sanders thought he would win! It's very very easy in a presidential campaign to believe you'll win. Look at all the people telling you how amazing you are.

I think everybody is projecting onto Trump here and being like, man, if I saw those poll numbers, I would want to quit. Trump doesn't see those poll numbers. And if he did he sees them with huge asterisks all over them, because Trump's polls are better. They're the best. And they say he's going to win for sure.

royalan

I don't know if Trump is looking for an off ramp. If he were you think he'd have done it months ago before his run started tanking his businesses.

At the very least, you'd think he would try to find a way out that wouldn't involve him becoming the most hated person on the planet. Well, even more so...

I put together this simple webpage today for my own amusement and I thought some of you might like it. It's very simple and is just a one stop place to see the current Huffington Post Trump v Clinton aggregate, Sam Wang's 270-to-Win map, as well as three EV charts from Princeton Election. Don't know what else should be on there that is embeddable. Hopefully I can add the 538 model once it is up.

The whole point of being a narcissist is that he doesn't know he's going to lose. He's not surrounded by people who tell him he's going to lose. He thinks he'll win.

And, I mean, remember that Mitt Romney, not exactly a Trump, thought he was going to win. Hell, Bernie Sanders thought he would win! It's very very easy in a presidential campaign to believe you'll win. Look at all the people telling you how amazing you are.

I think everybody is projecting onto Trump here and being like, man, if I saw those poll numbers, I would want to quit. Trump doesn't see those poll numbers. And if he did he sees them with huge asterisks all over them, because Trump's polls are better. They're the best. And they say he's going to win for sure.

I guess I give him a little bit of credit for not being a total idiot. He's a master bullshit salesman, and I think he may be self aware enough to know that he's going to lose hard. He may not be at that point yet, and maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

To be clear, I don't think he will quit because his pride won't let him. But, I still don't think he ever entered this thing to actually win.

User1608

Banned
I'm watching the WWE feud between Trump and Vince McMahon from 2007 and I sometimes wonder if this is real life, still. Used to be big into wrestling back then, har har.

Anyway, I do hope Bernie concedes with some class and dignity. I'm not going to worry about him now.
*Gotta read, thanks Adam!!

Awesome news!

dramatis

I put together this simple webpage today for my own amusement and I thought some of you might like it. It's very simple and is just a one stop place to see the current Huffington Post Trump v Clinton aggregate, Sam Wang's 270-to-Win map, as well as three EV charts from Princeton Election. Don't know what else should be on there that is embeddable. Hopefully I can add the 538 model once it is up.
I appreciate the effort, but the page doesn't seem to exist?

Why?

Did you happen to hear anything he said since he became the nominee?

He's a master at media manipulation and selling his "brand." He will have nothing left if he loses this thing. Republicans hate the losers, and they all already hate him (in the establishment). If he felt that his brand would be harmed by losing, I can imagine a world in which he'd try to find a way out...if not for his damn ego.

At this point, though, he's already done a ton of damage, so he might as well see it through, I suppose.

Kemal86

Followed by he's still taking his fight to the convention for the changes he wants...and he and Hillary agreed to work together on the platform. She probably threw him a freaking bone.

To be clear, he didn't drop out or suspend.

Can I read this somewhere? Not seeing it pop up yet.

mo60

He's a master at media manipulation and selling his "brand." He will have nothing left if he loses this thing. Republicans hate the losers, and they all already hate him (in the establishment). If he felt that his brand would be harmed by losing, I can imagine a world in which he'd try to find a way out...if not for his damn ego.

At this point, though, he's already done a ton of damage, so he might as well see it through, I suppose.

He's definitely going to stay in the race. It will be impossible for him to get out of the race after the RNC since the RNC probably won't be able to find a replacement candidate after the republican convention.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Breaking:

Sanders says he will do everything to help Clinton beat Trump.

1. Tell everyone to vote for Hillary.

2. Fade away from the spotlight.

That's all.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Can the GOP still pick someone else at the convention? The latest Bloomberg poll shows Clinton with a 12 point lead. This was after Orlando btw.

He's definitely going to stay in the race. It will be impossible for him to get out of the race after the RNC since the RNC probably won't be able to find a replacement candidate after the republican convention.
Oh, I agree he won't drop out. He's too damn stubborn for that. I just think the whole thing got away from him.

Holmes

"Taking the fight to the convention" doesn't necessarily mean he'll do it as a candidate for President. It's clear it'll be all about the platform for him now. Actually, you can say this meeting tonight is a form of "taking the fight to the convention" if he got any concessions or worked towards his platform goals.

"Taking the fight to the convention" doesn't necessarily mean he'll do it as a candidate for President. It's clear it'll be all about the platform for him now. Actually, you can say this meeting tonight is a form of "taking the fight to the convention" if he got any concessions or worked towards his platform goals.

Exactly. I think he's accepted that he's not going to be the nominee.

Teggy

where is that poll from?

It's a rolling average of 10 polls, compiled by Harry Enten.

The one excuse I could see Trump giving for dropping out is that the Republican Party was actively working against him (which isn't entirely untrue lol) - that he was being treated "unfairly".

Nothing in those statements shows Sanders accepting Clinton as the nominee. (Note that it does say making college affordable, not free college, nor does it specify $15 minimum wage).

Bowdz

Can the GOP still pick someone else at the convention? The latest Bloomberg poll shows Clinton with a 12 point lead. This was after Orlando btw.

Yes, but it'd be a shitstorm of epic proportions. We're back to the primary dilemma the GOP had: Trump is popular with the base and won by their rules, but is so toxic that he'll destroy the GOP for years, but any white knight alternative, while they'd be better for over all party, would lose them their base for a long time as well. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. The situation is entirely their own fault for allowing the bullshit of the tea party to flourish.

shem935

Banned
Yall freaking out about them stealing the nom from trump are worried about the better case scenario right now. That would end any chance many of the endangered congressman had of retaining seats and would lock the GOP out of the white house for this cycle. They are locked in, Trump is their guy now.

johnsmith

remember me
Sorry guys, you won't have Sharron Angle to kick around this election season.

Trump is like a million Sharron Angles, Todd Akins, and Tom Delays all in an orange skinned package.

And lol, she linked to a hentai website recently
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sharron-angle-joe-heck-cartoon-sex

In effort to educate Nevada voters on the candidates in the GOP primary for U.S. Senate, Sharon Angle, the GOP nominee in the 2010 race who is running for the seat again, listed a website for rival Rep. Joe Heck (R-NV) that redirects to to the website cartoonsex.com

In a newsletter linked from her campaign website called the "The Angle Examiner," a table comparing the various' candidates in the race lists Heck's website as www.joeheck.com. The website www.joeheck.com redirects to a website called "Cartoon Sex" that features graphic illustrations and videos of, well, cartoons having sex. Heck's campaign website is actually www.drjoeheck.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom