• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

PaintTinJr

First lets see how well can ps5pr0 run the matrix demo or game that is close to that graphics wise, aka stable 60 fps always and w/o visible aliasing, dont care if its 1080p or 1440p or some smart checkerboarding solution :)
But we are already having rumours that PSSR is DLSS level or better given it is using AI ML, and scaling to 4K.

The matrix demo isn't even as impressive as Spider-man 2 at 60fps because unlike Spider-man 2 it is just a tech demo so clearly Spider-man 2 with a PS5 Pro patch is going to be way better than that, even if just using the base PS5 image with PSSR upscaling, so I'm not sure why we'd need to wait for that to confirm we are in the ballpark of PCMR no longer having mid size advantages brute forcing console designed games.

Loxus

I think what he is saying is that based on their collaboration with Sony, AMD will add those features to a later version of FSR making both solutions near identical.
To give a bad analogy Sony was first to use RPM on PS4Pro and was later seen on Vega product months after the fact
Exactly my point.

Most of us know who Kepler_L2 is.
He was first to leak the PS5 Pro specs.

Though I'm on the fence about Zen2 and active CUs, I believe everything else.
We can't ignore what he says, like this stuff.

Last edited:
I dnt think a pro console is needed this gen tbh but that's my opinion
Hardcore fans will always buy consoles for whatever meaningless updates the consoles launch with.
Xbox one x was a solid mid gen console ,since Xbox one was dumpster fire but right now I dnt think pro will be that big of a jump from a series x and a base ps5

In terms of consoles moved, the PS5 is currently a bit behind the PS4 when launch aligned. It was set to surpass the PS4 sales curve this last holiday season, but fell just a bit short. I think that'll reverse as we get the PS5 Pro, GTA6 and the second half of SIEs lineup this gen. Add to that this gen likely going a year longer than last, and I think it's an easy prediction that the PS5 will sell more than the PS4 when all is said and done.
It's actually ahead in US but a bit behind in Europe and Japan because the price is way too expensive there. Price in US is still OK comparatively.

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
Sadly you are not getting those cards for that price around here (Sweden).

$550 is the 4060 TI 16GB / 7700 XT, you want a 4070 / 7800 XT you have to cough up more like;

RX 7800XT - $670->$760
RTX 4070 - $670->$840
Aren't console prices higher in Sweden as well?

What GPUs do you consider equivalent (actual performance in games or spec only? ) and where are you getting them at those prices?
The ones Digital Foundry found to have PS5 level performance.

PCPartpicker.

PS5 Pro being on par with 7700 XT is what I gather from Sony's 45% better than PS5 statement.

PS5 Pro GPU is not a BEAST, sorry if this comes as a shock to you.

Leonidas

Yes, in rasterization. It falls way behind in RT/ML. Which is my point that you seemingly ignored.
That's AMDs fault for not having better RT/ML hardware in RDNA3.

RTX 4070, at $550 has better than PS5 Pro raster and probably better RT/ML.

Last edited:

Three

Aren't console prices higher in Sweden as well?

The ones Digital Foundry found to have PS5 level performance.

PCPartpicker.

PS5 Pro being on par with 7700 XT is what I gather from Sony's 45% better than PS5 statement.

PS5 Pro GPU is not a BEAST, sorry if this comes as a shock to you.
Just show me what you chose in PC part picker for these equivalent cards. Even assuming it's equivalent to a 7700XT that's around $500 ($498) minimum here for the GPU alone, not $400.

reinking

Gold Member
re
$500-$550 GPUs today will outperform PS5 Pro.

PS5 Pro seems to have the performance of a $400 mid-range GPU today. Not very expensive... when it launches, the price of a comparable PC GPU will be even lower. When next-gen GPUs arrive in months, PS5 Pro level GPU will be even cheaper.

Oh My God Omg GIF by Archer

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
The matrix demo isn't even as impressive as Spider-man 2 at 60fps because unlike Spider-man 2 it is just a tech demo
Hard disagree here. Tech demo or not, I can explore a sprawling map, while maintaining a approximation of realism that has yet to be matched in the console space. This isn't taking away from Spider-Man 2, as it looks nice, but your assertion is a stretch, in my opinion.

Edit: It's possible I'm missing some context or not following the conversation correctly.

Last edited:

Leonidas

So you agree that the minimum to match/exceed the Pro is 550 then.
$550 GPU (4070) exceeds PS5 Pro. $600 GPU (4070 Super) exceeds it further. That's a fact, since Nvidia had the wherewithal to include good raster, RT and ML.

I'll have to wait and see how much better PSSR is vs. FSR3.1 to see if I agree or not.

Just show me what you chose in PC part picker for these equivalent cards. Even assuming it's equivalent to a 7700XT that's around $500 ($498) minimum here for the GPU alone, not $400.
7700 XT is a $400 card in the US.

Yes it is the card alone, as has been said multiple times.

If I had to, I'd personally take a $300 GPU over a PS5 Pro. Since a $300 PC GPU can run many last gen games (games like Arkham Knight and Just Cause 3, which will still run 30 FPS on PS5 Pro at abysmal PS4 settings) much better than PS5 Pro.

Zathalus

$550 GPU (4070) exceeds PS5 Pro. $600 GPU (4070 Super) exceeds it further. That's a fact, since Nvidia had the wherewithal to include good raster, RT and ML.
And the cheapest GPU that matches/exceeds the PS5 Pro in raster/ML/RT is? The answer is right in your post…

Last edited:

Leonidas

Not really sure what that has got to do with my post, but ok.
I don't know how FSR3.1 compares to PSSR and I don't know how much better PS5 Pro RT is vs. RDNA3 in games.

From what we know today 7700 XT is on par with PS5 Pro GPU in raster. But neither of us knows how PSSR will turn out vs. FSR3.1, and neither of us knows how much better the RT will be.

Zathalus

I don't know how FSR3.1 compares to PSSR and I don't know how much better PS5 Pro RT is vs. RDNA3 in games.

From what we know today 7700 XT is on par with PS5 Pro GPU in raster. But neither of us knows how PSSR will turn out vs. FSR3.1, and neither of us knows how much better the RT will be.
They will both be better though, that’s the main thing. The Pro has significant gains over RDNA2 in RT and a ML based temporal upscaler is going to undoubtedly be better than FSR. Especially one with Sonys input considering all the experience they have.

Leonidas

They will both be better though, that’s the main thing. The Pro has significant gains over RDNA2 in RT and a ML based temporal upscaler is going to undoubtedly be better than FSR. Especially one with Sonys input considering all the experience they have.
But how much will it amount to over 7700 XT, we'll have to wait and see.

And if you play older PS4-era games (like Arkham and Just Cause), the 7700 XT runs circles around the PS5 Pro.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Some of you really expecting a top end PC experience out of this? Pssr better than dlss? Really? I think you need to lower your expectations.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Some of you really expecting a top end PC experience out of this? Pssr better than dlss? Really? I think you need to lower your expectations.
XeSS on Intel (so using the best version of XeSS) is quite close to DLSS and frankly I’d bet on Sony over Intel when it comes to image quality. So I’d imagine that would be quite close. DLSS probably still wins overall but the difference on a 4K TV at regular viewing distances is going to be very hard to spot.

Leonidas

goalpost movement.
Whether you like it or not what I said is true. PS5 Pro will have thousands of games where it can't use the power, since PS4 backwards compatability is limited to PS4/PS4 Pro, making even $200 GPUs better for playing many games.

Console vs. PC comparisons almost always leave that part of the equation out...

schaft0620

I might still get one in the end, to access some games from my PSN account.

I sold my PS5 months ago in preparation to get PS5 Pro in case Sony made a console that interests me (when it comes to console, power is the least of my concern, I want enhancements of backwards compatible games).

PS5 Pro seems to have the performance of a $400 mid-range GPU today. Not very expensive... when it launches, the price of a comparable PC GPU will be even lower. When next-gen GPUs arrive in months, PS5 Pro level GPU will be even cheaper.
Which is why I would buy a $600 PS5 Pro over a $2,500 PC.

Leonidas

I love how you just focus on teraflops and ignore the fact that the 7700XT is significantly bandwidth starved
It'll still be on par with PS5 Pro GPU.
not to mention the generational difference in RT and ML architecture.
I say we have to wait to see how those turn out.

And if its much better, then that's great, but PC already has better ML and RT, and months after PS5 Pro launches, PC will get even more new cards that greatly outperform it in all areas, for under $500.

Loxus

I dnt think a pro console is needed this gen tbh but that's my opinion
Hardcore fans will always buy consoles for whatever meaningless updates the consoles launch with.
Xbox one x was a solid mid gen console ,since Xbox one was dumpster fire but right now I dnt think pro will be that big of a jump from a series x and a base ps5
The best bet would have been a PS5 Refresh.

Ignoring all the rumors, think about generations as of late for a moment.

With the way technology features are progressing, a refresh may be more viable than a Pro model.

With ai upscaling and frame generation technology, bumping up specs to make a pro model like PS4 Pro and having a base model at the same time isn't viable right now with wafer cost.
hmssStK.png
vusswlL.png

Sony would stop producing the old PS5 chip and only produce the PS5 Refresh chip.

5nm would be a good choice.
NwFxt4Z.jpeg

This PS5 Refresh would have similar specs to the PS5.

Zen2
-8 Cores
-3.5 GHz (3.85 GHz High CPU Frequency Mode for Performance Mode - 10% increase)
-16MB cache - 2× increase

RDNA2/4 hybrid
-36 CUs
-2.23 GHz (2.45 GHz High GPU Frequency Mode for Fidelity Mode - 10% increase)
-Dual-issue
-RDNA4 RT/AI Accelerators

GDDR6
-16GB
-256-Bit Bus
-18Gbps
-576GB/s bandwidth

Dual-issue alone would double performance if Sony utilize it to its fullest.
36CUs × 4 SIMD32 × 32 × 2 × 2.45GHz = 22.57 TF.

Add AI upscaling and frame generation on top of that, you get a better upgrade than PS4 vs PS4 Pro.

Dev won't need to optimize for this PS5 Refresh, they only have to focus on the base model. The new features of the Refresh would work without dev input.

Imagine wasting your time coming here trying hella hard to diminish a yet to be released console, we get it bro.

retarded.png

Last edited:

Leonidas

You know a thread is good when Leonidas Leonidas has hijacked it with half the replies. Intel has been pretty shit lately so poor guy can't dunk on AMD and has to find some other way to amuse himself. May I suggest just playing some games?
Most of my responses in this thread was in between rounds of my PC gaming sessions :messenger_sun:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Yeah, I wasn't being serious. Could you imagine the next Switch outperforming the PS5 pro? That's a stretch too far.

Some people however do believe this. I was listening to a random podcast while cooking and these guys think the Switch 2 will outperform the PS5 and the XSX.

Just skip to 09:50 where they start discussing how the next Switch will do better RT than the PS5 or XSX.

Mr.Phoenix

Yes, I'm one of them.
Doesn't change the fact regarding the context at hand.
Which is to keep their Userbase from migrating to PC.
it makes that reasoning redundant.
it doesn't apply to you and me bro 💪
So its safe to say that the Series X is redundant because the Series S exists?

Some people however do believe this. I was listening to a random podcast while cooking and these guys think the Switch 2 will outperform the PS5 and the XSX.

Just skip to 09:50 where they start discussing how the next Switch will do better RT than the PS5 or XSX.

And those people are idiots. The next switch would likely not even outperform the steam deck... and that is not even as powerful as a base PS4.

When you here takes like that, then you know you really ought to stop watching content from whoever that is or change your friends.

Last edited:
Top Bottom