• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I was looking for it today but doesn't appear its happening today

Don't worry, Tom. Life happens. Thanks as always for all of the exclusive scoops.

Smirk Smile GIF by euphoria

Just personal opinions you don't need that killer game to bundle with it

You just start out by saying this is the best console experience you can have for every game and the enthusiasts will buy it then tease games like Ghost of Tsushima 2, Death Stranding 2 and Wolverine as this is the console you will want

Heck show your Black Ops 6 PSSR patch and show the COD crowd close to native 4k 120fps for multiplayer
Yep, been saying this since the leak. It's not a new gen console, it doesn't need a "killer app" it just needs to be the best place to play console games now. It's still a PS5 just a more powerful one and it's going to be focused on enthusiasts just like the PS4 Pro was.

Mr.Phoenix

Yep, been saying this since the leak. It's not a new gen console, it doesn't need a "killer app" it just needs to be the best place to play console games now. It's still a PS5 just a more powerful one and it's going to be focused on enthusiasts just like the PS4 Pro was.
I think anyone saying it needs a killer app is either just stupid, being temporarily ignorant or they have an agenda.

Thats like saying every new GPU or hell... new phone "needs a killer app".

Audiophile

The most notable titles out with PS4 Pro were Watch_Dogs 2 & TitanFall.

The Last Guardian came out in December I think and then Horizon in early 2017.

I think this time around AC: Shadows, Star Wars: Outlaws, COD: BLOPS6, Silent Hill 2, LEGO: Horizon Adventures & AstroBot being in the vicinity of it along with a bunch of patches for older, mostly first-party stuff will suffice.

There's Metal Gear and Until Dawn as well set tentatively for fall this year. Then Death Stranding 2, GTAVI and some other first party title next year.

Half the audience for a Pro console will just be excited enough by new hardware. There's no need for Sony to overthink this thing.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Alex has no fucking idea what any of this is

100%. Rich threw him the hot potato of explaining the tech leak since he's supposed to be their resident "RT expert" and instead of being honest and leaving it at "i dont know" he wastes everyones time by waffling and repeating the technical terms from the leak without much context or insight of his own. And the bit that he does offer doesn't make mathematical sense.

On a positive note, I cant believe it's already August. Insane that we're merely a month or so away from an official reveal. Can't wait for Cerny to discuss.

100%. Rich threw him the hot potato of explaining the tech leak since he's supposed to be their resident "RT expert" and instead of being honest and leaving it at "i dont know" he wastes everyones time by waffling and repeating the technical terms from the leak without much context or insight of his own. And the bit that he does offer doesn't make mathematical sense.

On a positive note, I cant believe it's already August. Insane that we're merely a month or so away from an official reveal. Can't wait for Cerny to discuss.

I'm really curious to see how Sony decide to reveal the Pro. The Road To PS5 talk has aged well, but at the time it was controversial and pissed a lot of people off because they thought they were going to get game reveal and release date announcements. I remember the Youtube dislikes being absurdly high. Sony likely took that into account and may change their strategy going forward. Then again, the PS4 Pro reveal was a good technical talk with games being showcased, maybe Sony will follow that pattern. They could also do a technical briefing reveal and then a showcase after.

Xtib81

I'm really curious to see how Sony decide to reveal the Pro. The Road To PS5 talk has aged well, but at the time it was controversial and pissed a lot of people off because they thought they were going to get game reveal and release date announcements. I remember the Youtube dislikes being absurdly high. Sony likely took that into account and may change their strategy going forward. Then again, the PS4 Pro reveal was a good technical talk with games being showcased, maybe Sony will follow that pattern. They could also do a technical briefing reveal and then a showcase after.
That PS4 pro tech presentation was a snoozefest, a terrible way to introduce a console imo. They need to show what the ps5 pro brings to the table by doing comparaisons and showing games.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Did gamestop already started their usual offer "bring your ps5 and you pay the pro half the price" like they did with ps4 to pro and from pro to ps5?

Little Mac

Gold Member
I just want to know if the Pro looks stupid or not and all of you in here are throwing all these big technology words around and imma take it as a sign of disrespect.

kevin hart ill fight you GIF

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Depends what you call stupid I guess

Do you like the look of the current PS5 especially the launch day larger one?
👀

How about you put up a pic.... sketch of what you think it would look like to compare it to what I... I mean we have in mind. While you are at it who about you give a date or time to the nearest minute when you think it could coincidentally be announced?

Of course, we will not take any of this seriously... right GAF?

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Depends what you call stupid I guess

Do you like the look of the current PS5 especially the launch day larger one?
I’m just playing and trying to be funny haha seems like people here haven’t seen The 40 Year Old Virgin to appreciate the gif. Regardless, I’m not really a fan of the launch PS5’s design, but I’ve not been a fan of any of PlayStations designs since probably the PS2 line. I have a PS5 Slim with the drive and its aesthetic has grown on me though. Regardless of its look, I’ve really enjoyed using the console the past 6 or 7 months I’ve owned it. So much so that I’d upgrade to a Pro immediately.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
👀

How about you put up a pic.... sketch of what you think it would look like to compare it to what I... I mean we have in mind. While you are at it who about you give a date or time to the nearest minute when you think it could coincidentally be announced?

Of course, we will not take any of this seriously... right GAF?
I know the Pro devkits use the same chassis as the OG PS5

I know opening said chassis the internals look identical to each other

Nonehxc

He's always been the kind to fake knowdledge 'I'm smarter than you but not really so I will just make shit up and mumble in the hope that people that really ignore everything about the shit I almost ignore everything will believe I know what I'm talking about'.

He used to be Beyond3D little bitch, where people who ranged from 'I don't know shit but I'm gonna learn' to 'I know ALL about my shit' in graphics technologies and pipelines used to pile Bukakke on Buggaga because he was always trying to be smarter than he really was...and he never was smart.

He doesn't really know about silicon, silicon instructions, functions, algorithms, the mathematics of all of it or any of this kind of shit except when people much smarter than him dumb it down on GDC or he reads the bulletpoints from some Nvidia technical PR or easy peasy whitepaper. He's always comparing different approaches to the same problem like it's comparable at all, of course anything Nvidia does is gold but Sony, who happens to never ever EVER have processed analog or digital image in their 70 years of existence always get it wrong.

All of you can expect him and Rich to try to explain whatever Cerny will explain to us about the Pro, get it wrong, twist it and fail...AGAIN...because Cerny can design and architect a system AND also dumb it down for us mere mortals, but for DF it's just impossible to take anything that comes from Sony/Cerny at face value and run with it due to their connections, so wait for the 'Cerny says it's 200% RT performance, but this odorous shit I just pulled from Buggagas ass says it's closer to 47.67%' 😀

Last edited:
Nothing we didn't already know, but MLiD is labelling this as an official leak that he is hearing the PS5 Pro reveal is scheduled for September and being released in November.

X Factor Xf12 GIF by X Factor Italia

I'm usually critical of MLiD (rightfully so) but he was the fist to leak PS5 Pro official documentation.

Perrott

If I were the head of marketing over at PlayStation:
  • I would reveal the PS5 Pro via an in-depth tech interview with Mark Cerny on Wired in the first week of September.
    That same day, a PlayStation Showcase for the following week would be announced.
  • At the PlayStation Showcase, I would make it clear that all in-game and in-engine footage shown has been captured from PS5 Pro systems.
  • Then in October, I would hold a special State of Play episode focusing on PS5 Pro enhancements for the existing first-party catalog and select major third-party games, such as the Final Fantasy titles.
  • Release on November 15th, alongside the much-rumored Horizon: Zero Dawn remake - with Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Silent Hill and Star Wars all having Pro enhancements built into them already.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Nothing we didn't already know, but MLiD is labelling this as an official leak that he is hearing the PS5 Pro reveal is scheduled for September and being released in November.

X Factor Xf12 GIF by X Factor Italia

I'm usually critical of MLiD (rightfully so) but he was the fist to leak PS5 Pro official documentation.

I do agree with his prediction that the Pro will slot between 7800xt and 7900xt in raster performance.

Top Bottom