• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LiK

Then let's link up! If we can get LiK to join us, we might be able to clear it before reset tomorrow morning. LOL

not gonna join. people are having major issues at higher levels. I don't have time to retry at all tonight. just gonna do some strikes and hope I get some good engrams to get to a higher level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I completed all 6 Reciprocal runes for that quest and only got like 8 engrams at most and most were crap blues.
Well reciprocal runes are just tier 1, which don't yield as much as the higher ones, but I can't imagine that would have taken very long anyway so 8 engrams that doesn't sound half bad for less time than a strike or two. Or were you alone? Also if most were crap blues doesn't that mean at least 1 was an upgrade? I had multiple actual items (not engrams to be decoded, just blue drops right there) that were upgrades. You'll also get a 300 artifiact for completing that full quest (3 tier 2s and a tier 3).

Did you buy a Vanguard ghost yet? Do you have a 290 exotic armor piece/weapon?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
HEY DO YOU WANT TO COMPLETE YOUR EXOTIC SWORD QUEST? WE ARE ON THE LAST BOSS

PSN: Ultrajari

seriously someone has to want to do this who's done with their Spindle

Who here has done the
"torn between dimensions" platforming relic section of the Oryx fight as a Warlock? Just how painful is it?
I've done it on my Warlock, and it's not painful at all. But, I'm one of the few people that actually enjoys the Warlocks jump.

lt519

Don't give up on the Spindle mission folks. Try different strategies if you can't get it done one way. Try different sub-class combinations. More importantly don't panic, the time limit works against you mentally by forcing you to be aggressive but dying just means less DPS. Don't take that extra shot if it means you might die.

Anastasis

I completed all 6 Reciprocal runes for that quest and only got like 8 engrams at most and most were crap blues.

Do you have the "Dispose the Court" quest from Eris? I think you'll need to be 260-1 to do any damage, but if someone has a level 300 rune and you complete it, you'll get a 300 level artifact.

A group of 5 should be able to carry you through the second part of the raid at a chance at a 310 ghost.

Weekly heroic gives a guaranteed legendary engram that may help.

Did you order any Armsday primaries from the gunsmith by chance? A 280 primary would help you as well.

Kaiken

Banned
Strikes. You'll be 280 in a heartbeat. From there you can tackle the higher stuff. I started TTK saturday, and I'm 292 now.

Equip the highest items at all times, even if they're blue. Decrypt engrams one by one, each time checking its values. If its higher, equip it and decrypt the next one.

Excellent advice.

LiK

Well reciprocal runes are just tier 1, which don't yield as much as the higher ones, but I can't imagine that would have taken very long anyway so 8 engrams that doesn't sound half bad for less time than a strike or two. Or were you alone? Also if most were crap blues doesn't that mean at least 1 was an upgrade? I had multiple actual items (not engrams to be decoded, just blue drops right there) that were upgrades. You'll also get a 300 artifiact for completing that full quest (3 tier 2s and a tier 3).

Did you buy a Vanguard ghost yet? Do you have a 290 exotic armor piece/weapon?

I'm using a Dead Orbit Ghost I got from a package. 245 after infusing it. Got a Year 2 Saint helm. most of the blues I decrypted were lower than what I was wearing.

Do you have the "Dispose the Court" quest from Eris? I think you'll need to be 260-1 to do any damage, but if someone has a level 300 rune and you complete it, you'll get a 300 level artifact.

A group of 5 should be able to carry you through the second part of the raid at a chance at a 310 ghost.

Weekly heroic gives a guaranteed legendary engram that may help.

Did you order any Armsday primaries from the gunsmith by chance? A 280 primary would help you as well.

yea, I'm doing that quest but stuck cuz I only have 7 Black Wax Idols. can't obtain any Stolen Runes to continue.

i'll do the Gunsmith stuff tonight. haven't done any.

Afrocious

I've done it on my Warlock, and it's not painful at all. But, I'm one of the few people that actually enjoys the Warlocks jump.

Same. Math yelled at me for being the runner one time and I was like

hqdefault.jpg

How many people are sharding Year 1 weapons and armor?

I currently still have my trials gear, trials weapon, and Year 1 exotic/armor. But I think it is time for me to move on. .

Got it done after ~5 attempts. Is it once per character? If so I would run it again to get some upgrade fodder at 310.

General Tips:
First room you can have a warlock clear the right side with his super and have the other two people take the orb and captain on the left.
Leaving the first room down the stairs two sides have enemies. Have a sword on each side and kill the captains as they spawn.
Room where the tank usually spawns in the strike have the warlock who should have his super again clear the middle and then the witch to the right. Second guy takes out the left side witch. Third guy takes the middle witch and snipers up top. Ensure two orbs are taken out first.
Tunnels to boss area use swords to take out enemies then switch to machine gun or rockets once in boss room. Switch to sniper for secondary. Shoot orbs. they spawn two at a time. Only one you can't see from the bridge you spawn at (and should shoot from) is back right corner. 4 sniper bullets take out orbs. Once both are clear, take out ads. Once room is clear work the boss. Repeat for victory.
Our successful run finished with 1:30 to spare. Not hard once you have the mechanics down.

Also how the hell was this found? Did bungie allude to it?

lt519

How many people are sharding Year 1 weapons and armor?

I currently still have my trials gear, trials weapon, and Year 1 exotic/armor. But I think it is time for me to move on. .

I'm saving all my raid specific gear and any elemental primaries from ToO and PoE. They are trophies and I can't throw them away. The rest is gone, all of it.

Frenden

Banned
I'm sitting near max marks and need to buy a year two exotic before I start losing them. My short list:

Suros
Red Death
Thunderlord

Hmm.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Got it done after ~5 attempts. Is it once per character? If so I would run it again to get some upgrade fodder at 310.

General Tips:
First room you can have a warlock clear the right side with his super and have the other two people take the orb and captain on the left.
Leaving the first room down the stairs two sides have enemies. Have a sword on each side and kill the captains as they spawn.
Room where the tank usually spawns in the strike have the warlock who should have his super again clear the middle and then the witch to the right. Second guy takes out the left side witch. Third guy takes the middle witch and snipers up top. Ensure two orbs are taken out first.
Tunnels to boss area use swords to take out enemies then switch to machine gun or rockets once in boss room. Switch to sniper for secondary. Shoot orbs. they spawn two at a time. Only one you can't see from the bridge you spawn at (and should shoot from) is back right corner. 4 sniper bullets take out orbs. Once both are clear, take out ads. Once room is clear work the boss. Repeat for victory.
Our successful run finished with 1:30 to spare. Not hard once you have the mechanics down.

Gonna try this tonight. Holy hell it's rough.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
These guys beat it with 2 and with time to spare actually, but they're 301 and 302: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfETn2Ox1Ds&feature=youtu.be

They pretty much kept some DPS on the boss throughout the fight. One of them also took a big chunk of the boss' health right up front with the sword.

Question, how much time are you guys hitting the final room with? These guys have 6:11 remaining.

Hmmm I wish I had telesto to use on the boss.

Who here has done the
"torn between dimensions" platforming relic section of the Oryx fight as a Warlock? Just how painful is it?

Here. No problem's here. Focused burst.
Out of all the attempts we had on our first down last week. I missed my jumps twice.

General Tips:

You actually got a clue when you dismantled a black hammer but no one realized it until today

The thought is that no one bothered to do the hard mode of this mission until today when it was the daily heroic, upon which someone stumbled upon it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm using a Dead Orbit Ghost I got from a package. 245 after infusing it. Got a Year 2 Saint helm. most of the blues I decrypted were lower than what I was wearing.
The Vanguard Ghost is 280.

If most of the blues you decrypted were lower that means at least one or two weren't, right? That's progress.

I still haven't touched my alts since TTK dropped. There just isn't enough time!

I deleted mine. I have so much to do with just one character right now it's insane. If this was the kind of content in the game from the beginning I never would have made additional characters to begin with. I don't feel like there is a need to stretch the content by having multiple characters anymore since as is there is way too much to do at any given moment.

SkylineRKR

These guys beat it with 2 and with time to spare actually, but they're 301 and 302: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfETn2Ox1Ds&feature=youtu.be

They pretty much kept some DPS on the boss throughout the fight. One of them also took a big chunk of the boss' health right up front with the sword.

Question, how much time are you guys hitting the final room with? These guys have 6:11 remaining.

Hmmm I wish I had telesto to use on the boss.

A friend of mine claims 2 guys is easier.

Ophelion

You actually got a clue when you dismantled a black hammer but no one realized it until today

The thought is that no one bothered to do the hard mode of this mission until today when it was the daily heroic, upon which someone stumbled upon it.

But I was poking around the right spot on the normal mode. Knowing a room to a strike is back there made me suspicious of it, especially since the door that is down to block you in the normal mode version of this mission looks kind of weird. Maybe it always looks like that, but it seemed suspicious to me somehow.

Hindsight is 20/20?

ah, ok. how'd you melt him so fast? what was your light level? I'm 296 and isee the mission is 300

oh there was no melting. we died... alot lol

At first we tried to keep both the solar and void knights alive but it just became too difficult.
When we got the boss' health low enough that he would start charging the Knight AI would become more aggressive to the point where they would shoot us out of the sky while we were jumping around trying to avoid them.

So in the end we just decided to kill everything(adds and the 2 other knights) but the solar knight that way we could keep him alive until the Darkblades health was only a around 10% remaining without too much trouble.

rinse and repeat for void knight.

Top Bottom