• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Hopped back on for the first time since hard mode dropped to run nightfalls with a buddy. Haven't really played hard mode as my team was struggling when it launched and I was waiting until they got any trials bugs ironed out. Ran with my 3 characters and I got a sub 300 vanguard ghost shell each time. RNGesus has spoken to me. Think it's time to put this game down for a little bit.

BLoPs purchased so will be going in deep for a bit, will return for occasional raids and trials but I've been kidding myself for too long that the game will change/get better, hopefully the december patch will sort things out

BLoPs purchased so will be going in deep for a bit, will return for occasional raids and trials but I've been kidding myself for too long that the game will change/get better, hopefully the december patch will sort things out

Unfortunately feeling the same way. Got raids to do but the triple rng just pisses me off so much I have no motivation to do it. Watching Blizzcon right now and between SC2 LotV, Heroes, Hearthstone(maybe) and Diablo I think Blizzard will now just consume all my gaming time.

Deku Tree

So help me out: I'm thinking about getting one of the following TVs:

$1K: Sony XBR55X810C 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0148OZLOS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$1.4K: Samsung UN48JU7500 48" Class Curved 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889354965

$1.3K: Samsung UN50JU7100 50" Class 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889354974&cm_re=Ju7100-_-89-354-974-_-Product

Primarily used for playing FPS console shooters (Destiny), but also used for watching TV and movies sometimes.

I don't really care about the cost difference. I don't know if I care about curved or not. I'm going to wall mount it myself based with my existing wall mount for my old TV that just broke.

Which one would you buy if you were me? Or should I buy the $400 low latency Vizio instead?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889354974&cm_re=Ju7100-_-89-354-974-_-Product

Primarily used for playing FPS console shooters (Destiny), but also used for watching TV and movies sometimes.

I don't really care about the cost difference. I don't know if I care about curved or not. I'm going to wall mount it myself based with my existing wall mount for my old TV that just broke.

Which one would you buy if you were me? Or should I buy the $400 low latency Vizio instead?
If its solo purposes is gaming then I would recommend a Gaming monitor. I would trade one of my 40 inches LED for a gaming monitor..

edit: update link

Deku Tree

If its solo purposes is gaming then I would recommend a Gaming monitor. I would trade one of my 40 inches LED for a gaming monitor..

edit: update link

Thanks RAWR!

The thing is I don't really ever play sweaty PvP and I want the set to be good for TV and movie watching too... I don't personally feel the need for a super advanced gaming monitor for PvE since it wouldn't also be good for watching movies. Although I do see how it helps a lot to have a super fancy BenQ for sweaty PvP like Trials.

Thanks RAWR!

The thing is I don't really ever play sweaty PvP and I want the set to be good for TV and movie watching too... I don't personally feel the need for a super advanced gaming monitor for PvE since it wouldn't also be good for watching movies. Although I do see how it helps a lot to have a super fancy BenQ for sweaty PvP like Trials.

Ahh if price is not an issue than something with low latency. Also Black Friday is approaching so I would wait it out till then.

TyrantII

Personally, I'd go low latency / Vizio for now and save the big purchase for a OLED set in the future. Uniformity, black levels, and color reproduction on 4K sets are pretty disappointing unless you drop some serious Benny's. Vizio is pretty much up there with sets 4 times the price.

I purchased one of the last Samsung Plasma panels in stock at amazon last winter because I wasn't impressed with the current regression in LCD, and couldn't be happier with the IQ.

JGW_

Neo Member
I was pretty bummed last week that I never got the 7 wins for the scout rifle. Thanks to Wicked and Rubenov, I had a chance to get it from the chest. RNG smiled upon me...

Tonight, I became legend, and made Coach R proud.
https://youtu.be/lKgHr766MWo

Awesome stuff, LT. Really sorry I wasn't able to make anything happen last week (that applies to a few others too), especially as the scout rifle was a guaranteed drop, and I know you were after it. Dropped for you yesterday in the best possible way.

Had a bit of lie-in, and missed our regular Trials starting period for Saturday. Oops!

Howdy DGAF! First post complete. Better late than never. Appreciate those that pestered admins (or perhaps just Ghaleon) weeks and months ago to try and get my account approved earlier.

Rubenov

Awesome stuff, LT. Really sorry I wasn't able to make anything happen last week (that applies to a few others too), especially as the scout rifle was a guaranteed drop, and I know you were after it. Dropped for you yesterday in the best possible way.

Had a bit of lie-in, and missed our regular Trials starting period for Saturday. Oops!

Howdy DGAF! First post complete. Better late than never. Appreciate those that pestered admins (or perhaps just Ghaleon) weeks and months ago to try and get my account approved earlier.

Wicked first GAF post! History right here

WICKED HYPE! Finally!

Wicked! I just wanted to let you know it was awesome having to play with you and Drizzay in Trials and had a blast, thanks for letting me join for a card.

Welcome, big round of applause for this man right here. His back is strong enough and still going strong!

jkjk but we all know its true haha :p welcome really

noomi

Glad to finally have you on here wicked :)

phen0m24

Hey JGW!!! Wow talk about a long time coming amigo :)

noomi

Day 2 without logging into Destiny. I'm... I'm ok... Might hop in later tonight if time allows, just to do some bounties and such.

LTWood12

Wicked! About damn time! Thanks for playing a card w/ me last night. Was so happy to get the scout (and at 320!) and a 310 Telesto, one of the only exotics I was missing.

I heard you guys played Triplewreck yesterday. I didn't even realize. How did that go?

Day 2 without logging into Destiny. I'm... I'm ok... Might hop in later tonight if time allows, just to do some bounties and such.

Reset morning to today, I only logged in once to help a normal raid kill Oryx :|
Destiny is dead, delete your characters D:

Deku Tree

Hi Wicked! First GAF post HYPE!

noomi

Destiny |OT37| Something Wicked This Way Comes

fQvxLtw.jpg

Wicked Hype!

Reset morning to today, I only logged in once to help a normal raid kill Oryx :|
Destiny is dead, delete your characters D:

Definitely seems a lot slower around Destiny, but that's to be expected. Some big titles (halo 5, cod, fallout4...etc) will be taking a lot of the player base away from here.

Top Bottom