• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Advice:

I have a 318 Harrowed machine gun with Army of One that is fully upgraded. I have a 319 that is not upgraded at all.

I got a 302 with persistence. If I feed the 318 and then 319 into it, it will be 319. Is it worth it for the persistence?

lt519

Congrats Math!

Afro will be interested to see what you put out! That Pygal tool doesn't seem great for Histograms, it can draw them but it doesn't actually generate the Histogram itself. You'd have to compute everything first and then throw it in. Matplotlib is great along with PyQT, which is what we use at work.

Saw that Elo thing last night, pretty cool. Great for Trials but maybe not so great for general Crucible/Iron Banner since it is so heavily based on Wins and Losses and also playing a shit ton to outweigh the randomness of bad draws. Getting thrown into three straight losing matches yesterday didn't help. For example for Iron Banner I'm at the same Elo rating as this guy. Who looks like the better player? I'm a huge team player and my K/D suffers from that too, just flying solo doesn't help in these rankings.

Rank, Name, Elo, Kills, Deaths, Assists, K/D, Win%, Games Played
385,482 AlexGoodger 1130 713 949 370 0.75 48.57 70
385,483 rarbusto 1130 625 618 335 1.01 44.23 52

I don't know what those stats track.

It says I've played 42 Trials matches, yet when I add up all the matches between 3 characters since TTK, it adds up to 48 matches.

Hard to trust stats when it doesn't add up.

There's also a guy who is 39 spots ABOVE/better than me, who has a 0 win % and a 0.47 K/D, both of which are worse than mine, yet he's better than me? This is why stats don't mean much. It's probably because they haven't played much so they have a better chance to get higher.

Kyoufu

Advice:

I have a 318 Harrowed machine gun with Army of One that is fully upgraded. I have a 319 that is not upgraded at all.

I got a 302 with persistence. If I feed the 318 and then 319 into it, it will be 319. Is it worth it for the persistence?

I've tried them with different perks and yes, Persistence is by far the best perk you can get on it. Do it.

Namikaze1

Alright so that will be $5 from each and everyone of you whose avatar I Santa-fied.

What? You think I did this out of the kindness of my heart? No! I'm the Grinch dammit!

Congrats Math!

Afro will be interested to see what you put out! That Pygal tool doesn't seem great for Histograms, it can draw them but it doesn't actually generate the Histogram itself. You'd have to compute everything first and then throw it in. Matplotlib is great along with PyQT, which is what we use at work.

Saw that Elo thing last night, pretty cool. Great for Trials but maybe not so great for general Crucible/Iron Banner since it is so heavily based on Wins and Losses and also playing a shit ton to outweigh the randomness of bad draws. Getting thrown into three straight losing matches yesterday didn't help. For example for Iron Banner I'm at the same Elo rating as this guy. Who looks like the better player? I'm a huge team player and my K/D suffers from that too, just flying solo doesn't help in these rankings.

Rank, Name, Elo, Kills, Deaths, Assists, K/D, Win%, Games Played
385,482 AlexGoodger 1130 713 949 370 0.75 48.57 70
385,483 rarbusto 1130 625 618 335 1.01 44.23 52

Yeah. ELO is pretty rough for any of the modes. Slightly more accurate for Trials, perhaps, but unless you're running pre-made teams vs. pre-made teams all the time, it seems like the numbers would be skewed.

It would be more accurate if Destiny made team rosters for modes like Trials and Iron Banner, similar to what WoW does with it's Ranked modes. Then there would be a bit more accuracy. Especially as a good deal of players performance relies heavily on team cohesion and synergy.

lt519

There's also a guy who is 39 spots ABOVE/better than me, who has a 0 win % and a 0.47 K/D, both of which is worse than mine, yet he's better than me? Yea, these stats are garbage.

It's based purely on Wins and Losses and the movement of your ranking is based on the ranking of the people you play. It just means we haven't beaten many people ranked above us. It's not a favorable rankings system to people that play in PUGs for Trials and/or just randomly by themselves in general 6v6 Crucible.

I do like that they chucked Y1 stats, my .9 k/d in Trials is much better than my .6 Y1 when I was learning crucible. I think this is the only place you can see just Y2 stats? (;

+1 for Matplotlib, use it at work quite a bit as well.

Alright so that will be $5 from each and everyone of you whose avatar I Santa-fied.

What? You think I did this out of the kindness of my heart? No! I'm the Grinch dammit!

uh oh...

It's based purely on Wins and Losses and the movement of your ranking is based on the ranking of the people you play. It just means we haven't beaten many people ranked above us. It's not a favorable rankings system to people that play in PUGs for Trials and/or just randomly by themselves in general 6v6 Crucible.

Yea, Trials (and even KF HM) in general is a lot harder playing with random people all of the time. I did a 2 hour Hard Oryx kill last night. I've done 20-30 minute kills and 2 hour kills, alternating. I can see people that love this game that has a core group of 3-4 people or better yet 5-6, that can just demolish everything weekly. Versus those like me that have 0 people to play with on a weekly basis and just go with whoever I can, for both Trials and Raids.

Might be taking a long break with FO4 here shortly. I need to refresh my mind.

MrDaravon

Some were wondering in here.
I GOT THE JOB!
Colbert-Celebrating.gif

Congrats! I'm heading out right now for an interview for a city job I want, let's hope your good fortune is contagious :D

LTWood12

Tonight? I'd like a spot if you have room!

Luke made that comment in an interview. Gameinformer I think.

oooh oooo ohhh! me 2 please?

I still see 20 odd...

Thanks, but our timezone don't sync usually. How long before you get online?

Ah! Been busy at work and just now saw these replies. We don't have any firm plans, I've got the Golgoroth CP, he's got Oryx CP. T has a softball game tonight so may not be around until as late as 10:30 Eastern. I'm a bit of a wildcard right now since we're focused on helping our baby gain weight, but I would hope to be around well before that.

congrats, to Rubenov and Wicked!

can you accept my FR, if you're so inclined? i think you may have accidentally deleted me during your purge a little while back.
at least, that's what i'm hoping. :D

rasengan1337
I told you, you bumped him while he was sniping. There is no redemption for that! He deletes me once a week.

You should also do Nightfalls x3 every week.

I do those as well. Looks like I'm on the right track, just gotta keep plugging away.

exactly what kyoufu said.
edit:

yeah, RNG's gonna RNG.
my warlock has been through the raid twice, but hasn't had a single piece of armor drop (only ghost shell, weapons, and warlock bond). *smh*

Same exact thing with my titan. :(

Have you done trials? You get a 300-310 piece of armor for just winning the first 5 matches (or less).

I have not. I'm not huge into PvP and, honestly not very good. I have a .91 KDR. I'd feel bad shitting up a team...lol.

Pachimari

I never thought I would like Destiny after all of the backlash I have read on GAF, but this could once again turn out to be one of those games that I will come to love despite much of GAF's hate for it (not you guys in here), and I'm okay with that. Loving it.

PuMa

Ah! Been busy at work and just now saw these replies. We don't have any firm plans, I've got the Golgoroth CP, he's got Oryx CP. T has a softball game tonight so may not be around until as late as 10:30 Eastern. I'm a bit of a wildcard right now since we're focused on helping our baby gain weight, but I would hope to be around well before that.

How many pounds is your little guardian up to?

Also, congrats to Rubenov and Wicked!

E92 M3

I never thought I would like Destiny after all of the backlash I have read on GAF, but this could once again turn out to be one of those games that I will come to love despite much of GAF's hate for it (not you guys in here), and I'm okay with that. Loving it.

It's one of the best shooters out.

I have not. I'm not huge into PvP and, honestly not very good. I have a .91 KDR. I'd feel bad shitting up a team...lol.

There are plenty of people around here that would be willing to help you knock out a 5 win ticket, or even just some bounties.

The bounties also give 300-310 rewards, they just take time.

If you don't have time to do it today, I highly recommend you give it a shot next weekend.

If you do decide to do it today, remember that you can buy buffs on your ticket that reduce the number of wins you need down to a possible 3.

So 3 wins before 4 loses (if you play it right).

Top Bottom