• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

deviant1

I played a bit of destiny almost every day since I got it but last weekend I had some other stuff to do and didn't boot up Destiny. I read that the first firewall quest was active again. Just logged in and didn't see anything. Does this really mean I missed it (while having the four pieces quite a while now)?

It has probably been mentioned before but if this is the case I think it's a poor design decision. Gating weapon quests by randomly appearing a day a month without any warning upfront.

Yup, I'm in the same boat as you. I've missed maybe 3 days since TTK came out and 2 of those were when the Sleeper Simulant quests popped up :(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Don't think I've had a Nightfall with the Match Game modifier before. Does it mean I need to use Solar on Solar and so on for the shields to drop?

Feorax

Game is dead.

You're not kidding. Just looking at my friends list, haven't seen it this dead since the last weeks before HoW dropped.

Of course the release of F4 is the main reason, but the game has been far more stick than carrot for a while now, which doesn't help people just logging on for reset day it seems.

Shito

You're not kidding. Just looking at my friends list, haven't seen it this dead since the last weeks before HoW dropped.

Of course the release of F4 is the main reason, but the game has been far more stick than carrot for a while now, which doesn't help people just logging on for reset day it seems.
Yeah, F4 is probably just the icing on the cake -- I don't play F4 yet I still couldn't be bothered to login into Destiny yesterday to kill mini-Crota (I still need his fragment).
The endgame is abysmal right now, I'd go as far as to say it's worse than vanilla was on the PVE side. I know I'll be back in full force once Bungie adds something new (as long as it's really new and not some challenge mode added to KF), but I hope it won't take them too long to at least detail their plan for the months to come...

Don't think I've had a Nightfall with the Match Game modifier before. Does it mean I need to use Solar on Solar and so on for the shields to drop?
Yes but all the enemies in this nightfall are solar except for one (maybe two) arc shields right in the middle, so bring solar.

ethomaz

Banned
7ItYEom.jpg
Thanks Nami ;)

FyreWulff

Kor of Memory came up with a good idea to try and force the game to make helmetless when the Halloween stuff was taken away.

The setup:
44kZG9E.png

The result:
LFvyCJ0.jpg

Unless you can get six and raid there is almost no reason to get on right now. The exotic pool that "drops" from 3oc and nightfalls is meh.

Seriously somehow I played vanilla like a fiend all year but lately I just can't be bothered to play Destiny because there just isn't much to chase.

They need to announce something soon

Also in year 1 you really needed a fireteam of three most nights for weekly or nightfalls now there isn't really a reason to run that stuff and everyone is in different steps of quests so everyone is just doing their thing solo.

Feorax

Does anyone else feel like Nightfalls have hit a point where Matchmaking is viable? They're not that much more difficult than weeklies used to be.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Nightfall is a pain this week compared to previous. Well not hard I should say but those Centurions at the last wave kept nailing us down.

I got the Titan gauntlets to drop first time so thats made me happy. Also got 11 3oC as a reward. Got another 2 runs.

E92 M3

It's kinda sad that nightfalls have become so irrelevant for the end-game. Didn't even do 1 last week. That is shocking to me.

The only reward I could possible want would be strange coins.

Future

Does anyone else feel like Nightfalls have hit a point where Matchmaking is viable? They're not that much more difficult than weeklies used to be.

Restorative mind heroic strike requires more coordination than anything on nightfall. So yeah, matchmaking would just make them all easier

Hell there is matchmaking on the special sword strike and that is really hard without a fireteam

Number45

This week I think I'm going to see if I can't get all of the calcified fragments (at least those outside of the raid). I need a change from strikes and PvP bounties, and besides which I'm down to my last four 3oC. D:

darthbob

Yeah NF is trivial now and the rewards suck.
TTK should have included MM in NF. Absolutely no excuse.

Indeed. If they can MM for some of those special strikes, like the Exotic sword Sunless Cell, Fallen SABER, etc. then I don't see why they can't MM for NF as they currently stand.

deadduck

I've given up with nightfall.

PvP, PvP bounties and the raid (wish we had 320 versions of VoG) are the only thing I have an interest in playing. That's a shame guardian.

Top Bottom