• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Artifacts are kind of a bust, right?

Everyone I know slaps on the highest light one they have and just is done with it. They don't drop anywhere near as frequently as they need to actually capitalize on their diversity without sacrificing light.

I also use my artifact mostly for a light boost. It's 310, so I can sub-in a lower light weapon that actually does significantly change my gameplay.

It's the same with ghosts. They added stats and perks to them, but everyone I know has the King's Shell on unless they're doing their exotic sword materials quest. They don't drop frequently enough with the glimmer bonuses to actually make it worth chasing. And again, it's another thing I can use as a dependable light boost so I can use lower light weapons.

I think across the board legendary drop rates are way too low for the game's health, especially with the stated goal of Year 2 to be a loot game. You can get legendaries from the Gunsmith every week and one from your first Heroic Strike, but that's not enough for a game as big this.

Legendary drop rates should be doubled.

SonComet

Got 310 Harrowed boots while wearing 310 Harrowed boots.
Luke Pls.
Bungie Pls.
Loot is garbage.
On my last Oryx HM I was wearing a 313 Harrowed chest piece I got the week before. It was my first chest piece from the raid. Oryx dropped a 313 harrowed chest piece and a 305 normal one.

Got 310 Harrowed boots while wearing 310 Harrowed boots.
Luke Pls.
Bungie Pls.
Loot is garbage.

Wouldn't it be awesome if mouldering shards could be used to boost the light level of a drop? Then I could look at the perks and stats of gear instead of just caring about light so much.

Afrocious

Messing around with the Companion App's API and I see guardians have a personality variable.

customization: Object
decalColor: 2133206343
decalIndex: 3
eyeColor: 1511637747
face: 2695914758
featureColor: 2166136261
featureIndex: 0
hairColor: 691797078
hairIndex: 2
lipColor: 2844894624
personality: 2166136261
skinColor: 1815484263
wearHelmet: false

All three of my characters have the same personality unicode, so I'm assuming all of our guardians have the same personality unicode, therefore we are all assholes.

E92 M3

Artifacts are kind of a bust, right?

Everyone I know slaps on the highest light one they have and just is done with it. They don't drop anywhere near as frequently as they need to actually capitalize on their diversity without sacrificing light.

I also use my artifact mostly for a light boost. It's 310, so I can sub-in a lower light weapon that actually does significantly change my gameplay.

It's the same with ghosts. They added stats and perks to them, but everyone I know has the King's Shell on unless they're doing their exotic sword materials quest. They don't drop frequently enough with the glimmer bonuses to actually make it worth chasing. And again, it's another thing I can use as a dependable light boost so I can use lower light weapons.

I think across the board legendary drop rates are way too low for the game's health, especially with the stated goal of Year 2 to be a loot game. You can get legendaries from the Gunsmith every week and one from your first Heroic Strike, but that's not enough for a game as big this.

Legendary drop rates should be doubled.

Earlier, I mentioned how artifacts should have specific bonuses like increased jump height or be immune to being blinded. Things like that. In terms of legendaries: I think they are all useless to me now unfortunately. The infusion system wasn't designed well enough to keep loot flow interesting. It's all about light. If the infusion transferred 100% over, then it would be a lot more interesting. Right now, legendary engrams are just another thing to be sharded, and that's very sad.

Deku Tree

Messing around with the Companion App's API and I see guardians have a personality variable.

All three of my characters have the same personality unicode, so I'm assuming all of our guardians have the same personality unicode, therefore we are all assholes.

cut content I would guess.

I'm okay with that.

phen0m24

My guardian sells propane and propane accessories

Patrols are moderately more interesting with Taken events and some new missions. But they're also hugely more rewarding. They give tons of glimmer. Most missions give 300-400 glimmer and VIP kills give 500-650 glimmer. It's not as fast as the Exclusion Zone, but man, it's a lot more fun.

Also, I managed to pull my Trials K/D up from .7 in Year 1 up to 1.01! :D Not done yet, but at least positive now!

Afrocious

Destiny apparently has/had prestige levels.

This is my Warlock if I'm reading the JSON correctly:

backgroundPath: "/common/destiny_content/icons/82a83406acf9bbca40a426189cde076e.jpg"
baseCharacterLevel: 40
characterBase: Object
characterLevel: 40
emblemHash: 3017621395
emblemPath: "/common/destiny_content/icons/e7964736da6711c1e65bd7d8906f0e0f.jpg"
isPrestigeLevel: false
levelProgression: Object
percentToNextLevel: 0
__proto__: Object

when do I get my akimbos

E92 M3

Destiny apparently has/had prestige levels.

This is my Warlock if I'm reading the JSON correctly:

backgroundPath: "/common/destiny_content/icons/82a83406acf9bbca40a426189cde076e.jpg"
baseCharacterLevel: 40
characterBase: Object
characterLevel: 40
emblemHash: 3017621395
emblemPath: "/common/destiny_content/icons/e7964736da6711c1e65bd7d8906f0e0f.jpg"
isPrestigeLevel: false
levelProgression: Object
percentToNextLevel: 0
__proto__: Object

when do I get my akimbos

7446.akimbo.jpg

Damn, do I miss MW 2 so much. What a crazy fun game.

I'm not holding my breath on that: if the last 3 fragments are tied to the challenge modes, there's no way those won't happen on the dreadnaught, which rule out VoG and CE being a part of it.
I feel like updated versions of VoG and CE would be the only thing able to pull me back hard into the game at this point, though...

No, I'm just speculating based on Drizzay's post. Challenge modes don't need to be tied to calcified fragments I would think, just because King's Fall has them doesn't mean VoG or CE would have to have something similar. Perhaps they will create new emblems as rewards.

hitlerat

I played yesterday with a warlock guy that always take the relic (on Torn Between Dimensions witches) before 42s,,, I forgot to save the video... How is that possible? Any video?

ethomaz

Banned
I guess my play time will be really little this end of the year.
I'm dating again and my nights are all full now lol
I don't want to loose her to Destiny this time (dammit my last girlfriend you know I was addictive at VoG)... she is so cute and awesome.

PS. She is so good for me... I'm really liking her... a lot.

Edit - Fallout 4 preorder canceled lol

Bradach

Yah, 303-304 depending on gear, most drops are pure garbage, not sure what bungie was thinking with rng within rng within some more rng... :)

At that LL you should be able to do the first few parts of a HM raid and depending on your drops get carried through the rest. A couple of lucky harrowed drops and you could go up 5 or 6 LL in one HM raid.

AngerdX

At that LL you should be able to do the first few parts of a HM raid and depending on your drops get carried through the rest. A couple of lucky harrowed drops and you could go up 5 or 6 LL in one HM raid.

I figure as much but will have to see about it later tonight, gotta watch some shows for a bit.

stb

Feel a little dirty cheating on Destiny (and my raid guys) this week, but tonight's Fallout night. And next Tuesday is SWBF night. Edit: and I want to try the mutator patch for RocketLeague

I'm glad these other games are arriving when they are, as I was burning out a little (despite not playing a ton).

Maybe the November patch will drop sometime in that period and make stuff a little more enticing?

phen0m24

Get back to Yukiko. NOW.

She's patiently waiting for me to take her out of Inaba. We'll sell the Inn and go on tour with Rise to keep her grounded.

Or maybe we'll take the money and build a community center that secretly doubles as a dungeon for all those bored high school kids (led by Yosuke) to explore.

PERSONA!!!!

Also every day's great at your Junes. Just FYI. :)

Top Bottom