• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I've given up with nightfall.

PvP, PvP bounties and the raid (wish we had 320 versions of VoG) are the only thing I have an interest in playing. That's a shame guardian.

Yeah...I think I am just going to do the reset with my crew tonight and then maybe grab FO4 tomorrow. The end game really isn't here anymore. I'll still play Trials for the armor sets at least.

Thanks again for sticking on for that final oryx kill. That 6 cycle lag was something.

Loot overkill though :p

GG drizzay, unstable, ji66a and zw bros.

Np buddy! GGs to you.

You missed out on the sweet NFall loot though: we got 9 terrible Legendary items total, I got 2 ghosts. #bigplays

i had to stop doing carries because 1. the old meta was super sweaty 2. i couldn't really moderate a stream back then, and 3. i haven't been able to talk loud or play all night since House of Wolves.

I really enjoy doing it but the cards rarely align for me to have the chance.
Just wanted to say it was fun watching you and Drizzay play together and wreck everything :3
Looking to do a quick birthday morning raid... Anyone with space?

Happy Birthday! Hope its a good day for you!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
They need to improve the Nightfall rewards more. I got 19 Strange Coins but the other guys got burned again with shitty sub 300 legendary gear and a ghost. If it's going to be Legendary at least be guaranteed over 300 or put 2 purple rewards in. It's our third run and I joked about I'll get an exotic. I bet I do.

How many ppl got the worn out bags,having rotten candy and other goodies

Yep I think everyone did. Although I don't get the point, especially the worn out sacks. They just give more crap like jackolytes and rotten candy. Why is there an item I use that gives me an item to discard? o_O

RIP in pieces

Sleep Stabie, sleep. Let all the
nonexistent
sweet loot comfort you as you drift to dreamland.

Feorax

They need to improve the Nightfall rewards more. I got 19 Strange Coins but the other guys got burned again with shitty sub 300 legendary gear and a ghost. If it's going to be Legendary at least be guaranteed over 300 or put 2 purple rewards in. It's our third run and I joked about I'll get an exotic. I bet I do.

Absolutely this.

Given the recommended light level for Nightfall is 280 (meaning ideally 290ish to be comfortable), what the fuck is the use in dropping anything below 300?

Again, no respect whatsoever for the players time and effort. It's far worse than it was in vanilla at this point.

Kyne

Got a perfect roll on the Trials helmet last night.. so that was cool.

Then my gold package gives me an artifact. My gf/friend are over here getting the last pieces of the Trials set and I get an artifact?

Last week I got a the trials handcannon.

bungie....

tumblr_mj1806nQnA1rxxr05o3_500.gif

edit:
I will say this. The Trials artifact is the first I've ever seen with double Int.

loot table is still pretty much shit--the fact that I got ONE passenger coin from a gold tiered bounty in trials last week compared to a 310 exotic drop the week before for a silver...what the fuck?

getting shit tier purple drops from night fall when I'd rather just get 18 strange coins

I'm just waiting for the next expansion now

E92 M3

I think there are a bunch of teams at Bungie that want to make the game great for us, but the bean counters (employees that don't really play Destiny) are messing around with the loot distribution table to "keep us around." I am still FUMING about getting an antiquated rune for a hard Oryx kill.

It would be nice if:

1. Nightfalls got their reputation buff back
2. Nightfalls had a toggle where we can get a random number of strange coins or try for the other loot table with exotics

(wish we had 320 versions of VoG)

Bungie-Dan said they're going to update VoG eventually. May not be soon but it will happen. Also said the Live team was working on a lot of really cool stuff. Made it sound like this was more than just cosmetic Festival mask kinda things but maybe that's just me reading too much into it.

He did a pretty long Q&A thing on stream after Twilight and me did the Mercury carry last night, super nice guy. TG posted the Twitch archive earlier if anybody wants to check it out.

Last night during Oryx someone on LFG claimed the floaters could also run to the bombs and detonate them as well, causing even more damage to Oryx during the bomb phase. Is this true? We were able to get 5 detonations proc but I didn't notice a difference...

Keep in mind I have heard some far fetched theories on LFG before (opening a chest while it is "lit up" gets you better loot etc)

LTWood12

Bungie-Dan said they're going to update VoG eventually. May not be soon but it will happen. Also said the Live team was working on a lot of really cool stuff. Made it sound like this was more than just cosmetic Festival mask kinda things but maybe that's just me reading too much into it.

He did a pretty long Q&A thing on stream after Twilight and me did the Mercury carry last night, super nice guy. TG posted the Twitch archive earlier if anybody wants to check it out.

Oh nice! I'll have to go back and watch. How'd the carries go?

Got a perfect roll on the Trials helmet last night.. so that was cool.

Then my gold package gives me an artifact. My gf/friend are over here getting the last pieces of the Trials set and I get an artifact?

Last week I got a the trials handcannon.

bungie....

tumblr_mj1806nQnA1rxxr05o3_500.gif

edit:
I will say this. The Trials artifact is the first I've ever seen with double Int.
tumblr_nvnpw2v8EV1s307p6o1_400.gif
Maybe next time ;)

Last night during Oryx someone on LFG claimed the floaters could also run to the bombs and detonate them as well, causing even more damage to Oryx during the bomb phase. Is this true? We were able to get 5 detonations proc but I didn't notice a difference...

Keep in mind I have heard some far fetched theories on LFG before (opening a chest while it is "lit up" gets you better loot etc)
Nope however 2 people can set off the same bomb. Which will still do the same amount of dmg regardless.

Nah you can only do 4 bombs worth of damage per cycle.

loot table is still pretty much shit--the fact that I got ONE passenger coin from a gold tiered bounty in trials last week compared to a 310 exotic drop the week before for a silver...what the fuck?

getting shit tier purple drops from night fall when I'd rather just get 18 strange coins

I'm just waiting for the next expansion now

What next expansion? There is none.

phen0m24

Dan is good people. He will occasionally jump into a nightfall if you're shorthanded and chat and stuff. He replies on twitter too.

Hoping we can spend some time playing with him and Dawn as well, who has been super fun. Maybe we can give them some ideas!

Thanks DD and TG for being the gracious Mercury sherpas. :)

Future

Yeah...I think I am just going to do the reset with my crew tonight and then maybe grab FO4 tomorrow. The end game really isn't here anymore. I'll still play Trials for the armor sets at least.

All they really need is some regular events. They are just slow and behind.

They also need to revamp loot somehow. After seeing all the year one guns and armies you can tell they are running out of ideas. The current mechanic pool only allows for certain types of perks and meta. They needed to expand that in TTK: introduce player element shields, lockdown or rooting, new element type, new status effects, ... Something to make you chase a whole new set of perks built around the new mechanic shift.

Now everything you get is immediately compared to all year one weapons because in reality, all loot is just a variant of those weapon archetypes and perk ideas

Shito

I'm guessing the updates to VoG and CE will be challenge modes.
I'm not holding my breath on that: if the last 3 fragments are tied to the challenge modes, there's no way those won't happen on the dreadnaught, which rule out VoG and CE being a part of it.
I feel like updated versions of VoG and CE would be the only thing able to pull me back hard into the game at this point, though...

deadduck

New VoG would be so good, although I kinda expect that to be part of "2" and not an update.

Thanks for that, I'll check out TGs stream later (t'was past my bed time by the time you guys were in Trials), sad face.

FYI the crucible radio podcast on planet Destiny has some interesting bits on weapons from weisnewski (the weapon balance Guy), not listened to it all yet but touched on a few interesting bits (last resort basically being Snapshot and QuickDraw), Fabien Strategy perk is too quick to feel it but you will beat another auto consistently.

Ok, DGAF. I'm actually home for once on reset day and looking to raid. So does anybody need a fairly experienced 313 Hunter for one or two HM KF? PSN is the same as here.

He also said he was working on something that wasn't a raid, but he considers it better than VoG. I'm definitely intrigued.

E92 M3

What is the time for QA? Did he answer anything about hand cannons lol?

I see TG edited the post with time.

Kyne

Eventually they kind of have to, because they're not going to make any big dlcs or expansions till Destiny 2. Would love to play an updated VoG.

Where did you read that there is IB today?

if it follows the old month cycle then today is exactly one month since it last went live.

my 2 fears are

- they postpone it because they didn't fix the loot rewards
- they didn't fix the loot rewards

if it follows the old month cycle then today is exactly one month since it last went live.

my 2 fears are

- they postpone it because they didn't fix the loot rewards
- they didn't fix the loot rewards

Hopefully they postpone it because we're getting a patch next week.

Cool; fresh KF HM starting from the very start unless someone has a totems CP.

1. zombiemortar
2. bigmanny287
3. Darknyss
4. and you
5. maybe you
6. and definitely you!

I'll go along. Psn is Vincentgrey
This place is so dead right now that who knows when I'll get another chance to do the raid.

Who's rocking the smooth jazz radio station dj voice?

Edit: Superior Class Top of the Page Hype

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Absolutely this.

Given the recommended light level for Nightfall is 280 (meaning ideally 290ish to be comfortable), what the fuck is the use in dropping anything below 300?

Again, no respect whatsoever for the players time and effort. It's far worse than it was in vanilla at this point.

Last one completed. Guys got 292 ghost and 1 mote of light. Other got sub 300 Crucible gauntlets. I got 305 boots from New Monarcy.

You gotta laugh at the 1 mote of light. Why not give like 20 or something lol. 1 is just a joke.

I only done it for the Titan mauler gauntlets which luckily dropped first run but yea I'm not bothering with Nightfall anymore. I got all the strike drops I need.

X-Frame

Dan is good people. He will occasionally jump into a nightfall if you're shorthanded and chat and stuff. He replies on twitter too.

Hoping we can spend some time playing with him and Dawn as well, who has been super fun. Maybe we can give them some ideas!

Thanks DD and TG for being the gracious Mercury sherpas. :)

Yo Colonel! Who is Dan? Is he the Bungie guy you suggested come join our Fun Runs a few times? And who is Dawn? Another Bungie dev?

phen0m24

Destiny is dad

I'm about to be dad

Dad = Some malicious form of a cold in my case

RIP in pieces

Need DartH with Traveler helmet on telling Unstable he is dad

Yo Colonel! Who is Dan? Is he the Bungie guy you suggested come join our Fun Runs a few times? And who is Dawn? Another Bungie dev?

Dan is Dan Miller at Bungie and yes I have wanted to invite him to Runs O Fun. He helped design the Vault. :)

Dawn is rawksaur, also works at Bungie who we met the other night kind of on accident. Dan asked me to ToO (lol) and when I tried to connect him with GAF, he ended up grabbing Dawn. When their group didn't make it to mercury, TG and the Drizz scooped her up on 2 1-way tickets. We had a blast in her twitch chat. She's really funny when she plays. :)

Top Bottom