• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

todd360

Sitting in my room playing fallout and minding my own business. My mom walks into my room and says I'm awfully quiet. Then says something about not ordering anyone around and leaves. 😕

Ah, so dailies and public events are two different things? I'm on the PStrophies website and they seem to point to the contrary. Could you help me interpret this paragraph of theirs:

Before you dive into the meat of the game you should make one character for each class. You should then resist the urge to power through on one and instead do the first two story missions on Earth—Restoration and The Dark Within, while completing the Gold Tier Public Event Daily for each character along the way (see Public Defender for help with this task). Upon completing the daily event you should go to the Tower, check the Postmaster who will have a gift for you, and redeem the item. Then deposit the contents in the Vault to the right. Before switching to another character pick up the dailies as well from Xander in the .

What is "the Gold Tier Public Event Daily"? The use of the definite article the leads me to believe that there is only one?

Thanks!

edit:

I see. Thank you!

Back in the day, there were bounties for getting a certain amount of 'gold tier' public events, which basically mean you did really good and got 3 gold stars from an event. That paragraph might be a bit outdated in that regard.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Does anyone wanna run me through VOG tonight for NTTE? I've never run it (took a long break before TTK) but I'm a 305 titan, should be fine. Just need someone to tell me what to kill/do/where to walk :lol

Back in the day, there were bounties for getting a certain amount of 'gold tier' public events, which basically mean you did really good and got 3 gold stars from an event. That paragraph might be a bit outdated in that regard.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Should I use my subclass ability as soon as it's charged? I've been saving it for tough enemies, but I think using it gives me an XP boost for the subclass perks?

SheHateMe

So, how about that Destiny, huh?

Amazon did not deliver my Fallout 4, so I have to wait until tomorrow evening to play.

Back on the train, as it were. I guess I'll try my hand at a HM raid tonight. Maybe.

In regards to the discussion earlier about the cost of enjoyment over time (EOT?), I guess I've changed a lot growing up.

Being what I consider the perfect age when Super Mario Bros. came out (4 years old) and have been playing the past 30+ years, I've done it all: summer jobs for one particular game (hello, Soul Calibur), throwing myself head first into one game for super long stretches of time (hello, Castlevania: SotN), and even regretting a purchase almost immediately (goodbye, Unlimited Saga), I've run that whole emotional spectrum.

Destiny is a different beast. It's got it's hooks in me. I KNOW I'm going to enjoy Tales Of Zestiria and DQ Heroes (both are on my shelf) and want badly to get back into Transformers: Devastation, but as soon as I turn on my PS4... Destiny beckons.

I can't get enough, and I'm seriously hoping that with a lot of my friends playing Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4, I can immerse myself into Fallout 4 as well and just let Destiny rest. I did last year right before TDB and picked it back up when HoW dropped, so maybe I can do it again.

I hope I can do it again.

Dogmeat, you're my only hope.

Mindlog

I don't wanna brag or nothing, but I killed Oryx and got TWO normal mode drops :smug:

Thank you for the run team. Much appreciated.

In whatever clears since it released I can't recall my Hunter ever getting Raid boots. It's weird.

I don't wanna brag or nothing, but I killed Oryx and got TWO normal mode drops :smug:

Thank you for the run team. Much appreciated.

In whatever clears since it released I can't recall my Hunter ever getting Raid boots. It's weird.
Still missing all 3 of the raid helmets..

I still don't understand why they got rid of the public event packages. Made them actually worth sticking around for.
yeah. i still have some in my postmaster for ole time's sake. :/
My son is downstairs telling tales of the Trials of Drizzay, Twilight Gap and Dan and Dawn.

#futureGAF
my son keeps asking to start a destiny acct. on the fence about it. i know how addictive it can be....

XenoRaven

I don't apologize for anything. It's better children learn horrible swear words from us than from kids at school I say. I have done extensive research into this topic.

phen0m24

Lol I apologize for everything I said on mic... sometimes the Destiny Tourette's is real.

Dan+Dawn were both super fun to run with to the sunny shores. Dawn's got legit Nightstalker skills and Dan has top-tier call outs.

Again, he was only recounting what I told him. That you guys were awesome. Never fear, DGAF. Virgin ears unharmed.

Blopes 3: I slept with every mom in the world edition

I don't even wanna know, Todd.

Lol I apologize for everything I said on mic... sometimes the Destiny Tourette's is real.

Dan+Dawn were both super fun to run with to the sunny shores. Dawn's got legit Nightstalker skills and Dan has top-tier call outs.

"He's in the place Twilight likes to hang out"

Oh, I know exactly where he is *snipes*

Top Bottom