• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

X-Frame

They work at Bungie.

Thanks Fig, figured as much.

Dude, did you not read my post earlier today? I answered your question then.

smacks X

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184918763&postcount=11605

Whoops! My bad. I was looking for your reply today at work and didn't see it -- I thought you ignored me! Haha, thanks Colonel.

I actually have seen rawksaur play with another Titan Twitch streamer I watched a few times, iFumas. Didn't know she worked at Bungie though, pretty cool.

GorillaJu

Does anyone know if Firefly damage on pulse rifles is based on the total damage of a burst or the damage of a single bullet?

Got a firefly roll on a raid pulse but the impact is pretty garbage so the headshot explosion damage would be minimal if it's what I expect. I can't decide if I wanna use the weapon parts to upgrade it since I have sub 50 parts across all characters and it's at the point where I have to sacrifice one for the other.

Final Team for Heroic King's Fall is:

xchildofhatex
Cybrwzrd
dorssom
angry_eric
godless_pagan
mindlog

I'll set up a party chat and invite everyone in 5 minutes.

I'm down if there's room.

X_Magik_ox

Sorry magik, it got filled fast. I'll keep you in mind if someone doesn't show up. I need to run it twice anyway, maybe the second time we could team up.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Does anyone know if Firefly damage on pulse rifles is based on the total damage of a burst or the damage of a single bullet?

Got a firefly roll on a raid pulse but the impact is pretty garbage so the headshot explosion damage would be minimal if it's what I expect. I can't decide if I wanna use the weapon parts to upgrade it since I have sub 50 parts across all characters and it's at the point where I have to sacrifice one for the other.

just when the head pops is when you get the fiery explosion

Mindlog

I don't know.
All I know is that my Destiny crashed for the first time I can remember in the middle of the Raid while using my Harrowed Pulse with Firefly :\

My game crashed using Hung Jury not too long ago lol.

Eh, I'd assume with one bullet? Probably worth trying it out first, but it's a decent impact for a pulse rifle at least. It's not a must have by any means. Can't go too wrong with Firefly though.

I don't know.
All I know is that my Destiny crashed for the first time I can remember in the middle of the Raid while using my Harrowed Pulse with Firefly :

After the 2.0 patch dropped, having Force Barrier and a Ward of Dawn buff active simultaneously during Skolas made Destiny crash. Happened like 5x that last week before I realized what was causing it. Go figure.

GorillaJu

My game crashed using Hung Jury not too long ago lol.

Eh, I'd assume with one bullet? Probably worth trying it out first, but it's a decent impact for a pulse rifle at least. It's not a must have by any means. Can't go too wrong with Firefly though.

Yeah I'm just curious I guess about the details. I will probably infuse it into my favorite gun because either way I don't really like Pulse rifles in PVE. I have three good high impact guns with firefly already.

Yeah I'm just curious I guess about the details. I will probably infuse it into my favorite gun because either way I don't really like Pulse rifles in PVE. I have three good high impact guns with firefly already.

I'd assume you'll always proc Firefly even if the entire burst doesn't land on the head, but the last bullet has to. Therefore, I'm guessing it's only the last bullet that matters. Never really thought about it until now.

I'd infuse it too.

Is the "no knight" strategy really the best strategy for Oryx on hard mode? It was my first time through tonight and we breezed through everything but Oryx held us back. It seemed really random and uncontrolled using this strat. Any suggestions?

Deku Tree

Is the "no knight" strategy really the best strategy for Oryx on hard mode? It was my first time through tonight and we breezed through everything but Oryx held us back. It seemed really random and uncontrolled using this strat. Any suggestions?

Lol no. Kill the Knights is much better. Too much hiding doing the no knights.

I personally prefer this strategy. People on the platforms don't have to deal with ogres with this strategy anyway and the people on top can kill any leftover Knights as well. Makes the runner's job a little easier and the platform guys just have to worry about ads and staying alive.

If anybody is particularly underlevelled, then the 'no knight' strat is still probably safer.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Derp. Shader get.

UXXs9hJ.png

Team First Try.

^ 3 HM drops? The KF loot table is fubar.

No Knights is only best for low light groups. If everyone is 311+ just kill the bastards. It's really easy especially with two Titan floaters for double bubbles (Weapons and Blessing), ToM final round melts the ogres. Just assign people to be 1st, 2nd and 3rd platforms relative to Oryx each cycle, then a runner and two Titan floaters. Having just one Titan w Blessing is fine but two is ideal.

There's a lot more randomness in the No Knight strat. Bottom line is people have to understand how the fight works either way. If people don't know how to stay alive then they will die to Ogres w no knight strat or die to adds w kill the Knights strat. Imo the strat isn't a big deal, it's best to stick w something that works instead of switching up strats a bunch and confusing people.

Luke Smith admitted people getting two primaries from Oryx was a bug. How about one player getting three HM drops and another player getting none? Would love to know if that's a bug...

Everything is a bug. The whole raid is a bug. It takes place on a bug.

You got what you deserved after that bubble lol.

._. It's not my fault my Warlock can apparently tank Oryx better than my Titan!

Two Titans in the middle kill everything that moves strategy is the best.

Agreed. Weapons+Blessing+Touch of Malice is a beautiful thing.

Edit: Also yeah, people should really stop using the No Knights strategy if you're above 311. It was good when people were low level, but now with most people at a decent level it's easier to just do it the way Drizzay described.

Luke Smith admitted people getting two primaries from Oryx was a bug. How about one player getting three HM drops and another player getting none? Would love to know if that's a bug...

Not a bug, just a terrible loot table. There are two possible drops and one guaranteed drop so the range from lucky to unlucky is extreme.

Primary: chance to drop on its own
Helmet: separate chance to drop on its own
Guaranteed: could be another primary or helmet or anything else in the raid including a <310 Ghost since there's no Harrowed Ghost.

So Kadey rolled yes for the primary, yes for the helmet, and her guaranteed drop was a chest. Someone else could roll no, no, 308 Ghost. Stupid.

Top Bottom