• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

How's the vendor Hacksaw? I'm thinking about buying it.

It's okay, not great by any means. Worth getting if you don't have a Hawksaw (note: it's "hawk" not "hack" since it's a stupid Seahawks homage thing hence the ugly ugly color).

High caliber rounds give extra stagger but slower handling, better to have range/stability boost here. Secret round is straight garbage perk, and there's lots of good stuff that could roll here (full auto, hidden hand, counterbalance, Headseeker). Small bore is decent for the last perk but it still won't have as good range-stability stats as a well rolled Hawk.

Afrocious

It's okay, not great by any means. Worth getting if you don't have a Hawksaw (note: it's "hawk" not "hack" since it's a stupid Seahawks homage thing hence the ugly ugly color).

High caliber rounds give extra stagger but slower handling, better to have range/stability boost here. Secret round is straight garbage perk, and there's lots of good stuff that could roll here (full auto, hidden hand, counterbalance, Headseeker). Small bore is decent for the last perk but it still won't have as good range-stability stats as a well rolled Hawk.

Word. Got any suggestions for weapons or hunter armor I could buy with marks for PvP?

Bizazedo

There's a lot more randomness in the No Knight strat. Bottom line is people have to understand how the fight works either way. If people don't know how to stay alive then they will die to Ogres w no knight strat or die to adds w kill the Knights strat. Imo the strat isn't a big deal, it's best to stick w something that works instead of switching up strats a bunch and confusing people.

Weirdly enough, my raid group had severe issues with "just kill them" and found No Knights much easier. I couldn't explain why (although I have theories), but the "this is definitely better" is something I'd hesitate to agree on.

It really depends on the groups strengths (or maybe more accurately, weaknesses).

Magik

Seeing that Loot Drop from Kadey really pisses me the fuck off. Killed that fool Oryx so many times in the past and I still don't have the damn helmet for my Warlock or anything decent from him to show for it.

The loot tables are such nonsense. I still can't understand how I can run a fresh HM and get NOTHING from both NM and HM tables on Totems, Warpriest and Sisters.

Seeing that Loot Drop from Kadey really pisses me the fuck off. Killed that fool Oryx so many times in the past and I still don't have the damn helmet for my Warlock or anything decent from him to show for it.

The loot tables are such nonsense. I still can't understand how I can run a fresh HM and get NOTHING from both NM and HM tables on Totems, Warpriest and Sisters.

I feel your pain. It's garbage. I've cleared HM every week 3 times and have yet to see a HM MG, RL, and or Helmet(for any class). Smart loot my butt. Just more endless grind. I just want the shader. Is that to much to ask?

border

Okay, we need 2 more!

I have a 306 Hunter or Warlock that can come. If you want someone with a higher Light level though that's not going to upset me. Or if you want to switch out and find somebody new after Warpriest I don't mind either.

I have the Hard Totems checkpoint on both characters.

Trakan

Secret round is actually not bad on pulse rifles that don't have left/right recoil. Hitting all 3 shots gives you a bullet back in the clip making it a little bigger. No the greatest, but I'll take it over a lot of other possible perks.

Like the fury of a vent from an open orifice of the volcano, the drops are nothing but cinder. They flow in the wind to be caught by a few, and those are burning and aflame, iridescent to the eye of their beholder. But to the rest of the mongrels who scavenge around the fiery pit, they are nothing but ash in their hands, a black onyx that dissipates to your touch and makes you feel nothing but a rage. The gods who reside amongst the core of this burning madness, do nothing but stare and speak their lies, saying that we shall each be graced by the flames. By the time we are bequeathed , however, the fire will have dimmed, and the winds will have blown away those who wished to be showered by the opulent desires they gave. Ay, when the flames asunder, only then will a great blaze start yet again.

Weirdly enough, my raid group had severe issues with "just kill them" and found No Knights much easier. I couldn't explain why (although I have theories), but the "this is definitely better" is something I'd hesitate to agree on.

It really depends on the groups strengths (or maybe more accurately, weaknesses).

Very true about strengths and weaknesses. Bolded is the issue though. If teams can't explain what caused each wipe then they can't correct it next run. Too often teams will wipe and nobody communicates about what happened or people get too uptight/defensive about playing the blame game. It's never about assigning blame, just about understanding and improving.

With a good runner, No Knights is way easier. It asks less of most people at the expense of one person. But for groups who all understand the fight, Kill Knights is better, more controllable. Tbh I'm always surprised how much trouble some people have just killing a red bar Knight, a few Acolytes and maybe a Centurion. It's so simple but sometimes people don't think about what's killing them or from where.

Communication was that group's weakness, same for most groups. But you had a strong runner so No Knight worked well. Like I posted above, the strat isn't a big deal. The best strat is whichever one manages to kill the bastard.

LTWood12

Glad to see folks had fun doing HM tonight. Sad I missed the fun. I have yet to do the non No Knights strat for HM. A few questions:

Do the platform people put dps on the ogre across from them in addition to the floaters? If not, why?

The knight spawns diagonally across from the ogre that just died correct?

Where does everyone meet the aura holder to stagger?

Is it basically just the normal strat + kill the Knights?

Kind of hope my kid won't sleep in his bed tonight so I have an excuse to stay up and do this.

NeOak

So finally got my HORI TAC, tried it with Destiny.

sxFsKgo.jpg

(blurred the mess i have on my desktop ;-;)

Recoil is super easy to manage with the mouse while sniping in PvE. Haven't tried it for PvP though.

Glad to see folks had fun doing HM tonight. Sad I missed the fun. I have yet to do the non No Knights strat for HM. A few questions:

Do the platform people put dps on the ogre across from them in addition to the floaters? If not, why?

The knight spawns diagonally across from the ogre that just died correct?

Where does everyone meet the aura holder to stagger?

Is it basically just the normal strat + kill the Knights?

Kind of hope my kid won't sleep in his bed tonight so I have an excuse to stay up and do this.

Not necessary, but a sniper shot or a grenade can help get them down quicker.

Yes.

In the middle.

Killing the Knights is the normal strat. ;) Pretty much. Kill ogres, kill knights, meet in the middle, dps Oryx, detonate bombs. Easy.

Word. Got any suggestions for weapons or hunter armor I could buy with marks for PvP?

Hmm. Umm. Eh. Not really.

Quest reward 1000 yard stare is as good a sniper as you'll find from a guaranteed drop. Same for Conspriacy D quest shotgun. Vendor pulse rifles are all meh. FWC Villiany is maybe the best. FWC rocket launcher has good PvP perks but it's bugged so it only gives 2 rockets from heavy even if you have "carry more rocket ammo" boots.

Buy a Truth from the kiosk if you don't have one yet, especially since there are no must have Exotic primaries or secondaries. Buy a Red Death or Bad Juju too. I rock either a Hawksaw or Lyudmila (both from drops) then the quest 1k YS and a Truth.

As for armor I don't know of any good Tower gear. TTK helmets don't have any good perks outside of the Trials one. For arms you just want pulse rifle reload and either melee speed or grenade throw. Chest you want carry more sniper/shotgun and the "increased armor as ____ subclass" for your subclass of choice. Boots you want carry more rockets, plus either Second Wind or Last Hope from Iron Banner or Trials drops. Then obviously have stat splits you want, always get 300 intellect then whatever's left for Disc/Str.

There's not much worth buying in the Tower. Also my posts are always so damn long. Brevity is the soul of wit but the nemesis of Drizzay.

I don't understand why Bungie doesn't just implement a token system like WoW for loots for everything bar weapons.

The system just works. It allows progression and is fair.

Kill a boss? Here's a token.

Go to vendor, gear costs 1 token and X wormspore.

Means that there's a clear path of progression, wormspore has a purpose, and it's got that grind that Bungie seems to love.

I don't understand why Bungie doesn't just implement a token system like WoW for loots for everything bar weapons.

The system just works. It allows progression and is fair.

Kill a boss? Here's a token.

Go to vendor, gear costs 1 token and X wormspore.

Means that there's a clear path of progression, wormspore has a purpose, and it's got that grind that Bungie seems to love.

Or implement a system where you trade in marks+wormspore or whatever funny money Bungie wants, to upgrade gear by 1 or 3 points. Give it a weekly cooldown to upgrade 3 items, I dunno.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Time to infuse my quest stare into Eirene. Even at lower light I'm doing more damage with my Eirene and for it me it just handles better. Easy call.

LTWood12

Not necessary, but a sniper shot or a grenade can help get them down quicker.

Yes.

In the middle.

Killing the Knights is the normal strat. ;) Pretty much. Kill ogres, kill knights, meet in the middle, dps Oryx, detonate bombs. Easy.

Right. Yeah by normal I meant the strat used for normal mode. Wasn't saying no Knights was the normal way, but I see I did kind of make it sound like that in context.

Thanks for the answers!

I wonder where farts go when you clench and hold them in.

Anywho to get back on topic - as a dude with 3 310+ level characters, i skipped the nightfall, only did a raid up to Oryx, didn't do the daily and in general haven't earned any marks in a few days. And I'm ok with that. It doesn't feel as weird as I thought it would. I still want a hm raid helmet to unlock the shader, but the grip on me just isn't there anymore.
The hardest part of Destiny's crappy endgame is being too broke to get Fallout 4. I do have a bit of a backlog though. I'm also the type of guy that enjoys replaying games, so I'll do that with my time. Maybe SMB3. Or Fear Effect. I dunno.

Top Bottom