• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

FyreWulff

The transition time between destinations has as much to do with the matchmaking happening as loading times. I'd like to see them faster, but don't know whether the loading or the matchmaking gates the flight screen duration (though I'm guessing the matchmaking does).

It's usually the matchmaking. It's funny when your PS3 beats your PS4 into a load due to it getting a match sooner :V

Namikaze1

I don't post for a few days, and suddenly there's people wearing santa hats.

NO FUN ALLOWED WITHOUT ME!
They will all blame me for that.

Send me a PM and I'll Santa-fy your avatar sometime this weekend. Too busy roaming the Wasteland to get around doing some more this week. I did most of the avatars you see here. Breezy is the only one who did his own as far as I know.

Deku Tree

Destiny on PC confirmed?

Anyone else find the hidden photo in the update of Dstimy running on a PC?

Bungie has been hiring PC QA people on their jobs page for a long time. PC version is coming eventually. Wonder how it will sync with the other versions, or if Bungie can control mods.

Number45

You know what? Fuck the Imprecation quest. What with me being not terribly good at PvP, hand cannons sucking in general and lag the chances of me getting 7 precision kills in one match are very slim. Add to the mix that I'm also fucking with people who are trying to play legitimately and... nope.

Best I managed this evening was three in clash.

You know what? Fuck the Imprecation quest. What with me being not terribly good at PvP, hand cannons sucking in general and lag the chances of me getting 7 precision kills in one match are very slim. Add to the mix that I'm also fucking with people who are trying to play legitimately and... nope.

Deleted mine after trying the quest for about ten minutes. Knew it was pointless and no fun at all, so I won't do those.

Mindlog

I don't care that everyone will grind for the same gear.
Not having reforging sucks. Losing firefights to godrolled weapons isn't all that fun.

Kind of off topic, but why is everyone on this website saying "my man!" So much lately? I know it's an old general expression, but I never ever hear it outside gaf.
Was it on Breaking Bads, Games of Thrones or whatever the fuck you teens watch nowadays?

phen0m24

pretty good update.

I take back my comments

crow sandwich

Happy that Hawkian and or Drizzy can get something cool
(chance at 280 legendary - dang I was being so good, too! ;) )
for sherpa-ing noobs!

:)

Kind of off topic, but why is everyone on this website saying "my man!" So much lately? I know it's an old general expression, but I never ever hear it outside gaf.
Was it on Breaking Bads, Games of Thrones or whatever the fuck you teens watch nowadays?

I am old. Also a Colonel.

I say it from time to time because I'm old and say old corny things.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I don't care that everyone will grind for the same gear.
Not having reforging sucks. Losing firefights to godrolled weapons isn't all that fun.

Yes. Re-forging made PvP fun because it was more about skill than luck since everyone had nearly the same weapons and it was just about personal preference. They should either return re-forging to IB weapons or just make them only drop with a god roll.

phen0m24

I can finally get the void sword. A very surprising update from Bungie.

After next week’s update, once you’ve completed the “Blademaster” Quest to obtain your Exotic sword, you’ll be able to purchase all three Legendary swords directly from Lord Shaxx.

So not dark drinker, but the regular void one, I guess you mean...

SnakeEyes

Banned
After next week’s update, once you’ve completed the “Blademaster” Quest to obtain your Exotic sword, you’ll be able to purchase all three Legendary swords directly from Lord Shaxx.

Was there any mention of you being allowed to then get the Exotic quest for the other swords?

Homeboyd

Oooh yeah. Definitely hope it's just the legendary version.

:kappa:

My man, I have no idea Watcha talking about.

Y62vRFr.jpg

Link is in the comma after the word "deployed."

It's definitely rough. I'd say I'm average to slightly above average, I'm decent with HC's, and I really want that First Curse to play around with and the best I've managed over the past two days is 5 out of 7. The roughest part is definitely going up against players with their best loadouts equipped. But the Imprecation HC itself is definitely really difficult to work with even barring that. It's Acc feels way lower than any other HC I've tried in Y2. There's nothing more frustrating than whittling a guy down, getting that reticle over their head and the shot misses or registers as a body shot kill.

coy

I like the change to Clash for IB. Maybe they can consider adding Inferno versions in the future to switch things up.

I can finally get the void sword. A very surprising update from Bungie.
I was happy for you when I read that bit.

GhaleonEB

Was there any mention of you being allowed to then get the Exotic quest for the other swords?

Not specifically, but the quest triggers based on the attack value of the sword. I'm sure you can get them all.

I might be reading into this a bit, but I hope this is a sigh of things to come with respect to exotic quest availability. Tyson said they are going to be rethinking the time gated nature of the ones that came out post-TTK, and I see this as Bungie starting to make some that were locked away (if you didn't run alts) more accessible. Pretty happy about it.

Y62vRFr.jpg

Link is in the comma after the word "deployed."

That's not exactly what I would call a hint. Button prompts aren't there.. and it being on a monitor isn't exactly a confirmation either. It's wierd that the link is hidden, which may make it significant.. but it's also a cat picture on the internet.

Also, that copy of Metro Redux is a PS4 box.

Edit: And looking up that Monitor model.. it looks like a SyncMaster S27B350 which has an HDMI input. So it could just be a PS4 hooked up to it.

That's not exactly what I would call a hint. Button prompts aren't there.. and it being on a monitor isn't exactly a confirmation either. It's wierd that the link is hidden, which may make it significant.. but it's also a cat picture on the internet.

Also, that copy of Metro Redux is a PS4 box.

Edit: And looking up that Monitor model.. it looks like a SyncMaster S27B350 which has an HDMI input. So it could just be a PS4 hooked up to it.

Yeah...it could be just a hidden picture of someones cat.

Now that gun on the other hand...anyone recognize the model? Looks like an older Pulse rifle model.

Also that Kinivo box in the back is an HDMI switch, so the owner of the cat probably does his computer/gaming on the same monitor.

Edit-Edit-That cat is a Burly British Shorthair.

Edit-Edit-Edit-That toy in the lower bottom is a Tie Advanced X1.

Same. I like these changes, mostly Clash. Control can die in a fire. I'm also curious the light of the artifact, for alt reasons.

I wonder if you can still skip steps when transferring purchased swords to your current exotic step. I'd assume that's unchanged

I'd assume the artifact will be 300. It's too easy to hit rank 5 compared to the other avenues of getting a 300+ artifact.

I'm really stoked for clash. Control has led to many matches where my team loses due to bad objective play despite having superior k/d across the board. I'll be happy to just focus on killing for once. Clash will be fun with full teams too, which is something I haven't done much yet.

Happy that Hawkian and or Drizzy can get something cool
(chance at 280 legendary - dang I was being so good, too! ;) )
for sherpa-ing noobs!.

Haha I couldn't tell what the Sherpa thing was about. It sounded just like "refer a friend" to buy the game, not based on what you did in-game.

Also re: your earlier post. Dawn was the happiest PvP'er ever, usually Trials is just sweaty rage and cursing. And I did talk to Mrs Drizzay about Dan's offer. I highly doubt we'd ever take him up on it but if we had an excuse to vacation in Seattle I'd definitely hit him up for the studio tour he offered. I mean, I wouldn't say no to a steak but the tour would be the real draw :)

Yes. Re-forging made PvP fun because it was more about skill than luck since everyone had nearly the same weapons and it was just about personal preference. They should either return re-forging to IB weapons or just make them only drop with a god roll.

Yeah I understand both viewpoints and they both have clear downsides. But I was always okay with the "standardized loadouts" from HoW except those specific loadouts got played out. It does seem better than being locked out by RNGsus. The only catch is I don't know how how much various God rolls really make a difference. What's the best Hawksaw or 1k YS roll? How much of an advantage does it give over the third or fourth best roll? Etc. etc.

E92 M3

Oooh yeah. Definitely hope it's just the legendary version.

:kappa:

Yeah, I'll have to upgrade it lol. Much better than never having it, though!

I like the change to Clash for IB. Maybe they can consider adding Inferno versions in the future to switch things up.

I was happy for you when I read that bit.

Can't believe the weekly update was written in English.

Also, fuck no to IB ghosts. They already haunt my Trials packages. There's absolutely no way they'll roll over the 316 that I'll need for them to be relevant.

stay gold

Huh. So I switched my Hawksaw scope to the SRO-37, and my opinion on the gun has instantly gone from 'I don't get it' to 'damn, this thing is a beast!'.

It only says improved range but it feels stickier than the other 2 somehow.

GunnerZ

Yeah...it could be just a hidden picture of someones cat.

Now that gun on the other hand...anyone recognize the model? Looks like an older Pulse rifle model.

Also that Kinivo box in the back is an HDMI switch, so the owner of the cat probably does his computer/gaming on the same monitor.

Edit-Edit-That cat is a Burly British Shorthair.

Edit-Edit-Edit-That toy in the lower bottom is a Tie Advanced X1.
Older pulse rifles never looked like that bud, scout rifle frame with the digital ammo count since year 1.

GutZ31

Hawkian if you need people to help with your VoG newbie run send me an invite.

Did you make sure to sign up just to be safe?
Forgot it was Thursday, if there is interest I'll do a VoG newbie raid tonight at 9. Next Thursday will be a KF.

(CLICK HERE)
PS4 - Thursday, November 12th, 2015 - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • Minimum Level is 26 for Vault of Glass and 29 for Crota's End, Light Level 285 for King's Fall
  • These are specifically geared for first-timers, and all encounters are fully explained for all roles, along with overall raid tips (and maybe even a tiny bit of lore). However, those who have run the raid before and even veterans are welcome if you feel like joining and can be patient with the truebies.
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
  • 5 spots remaining.

I went ahead and signed up to be an extra as well just in case.

Top Bottom