• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

oh good I don't have to go back to the damn tower after each step of this quest. Auto rifles, never again.

My back hurts. Where does the Traveler find these people?

I mean.. the only people with negative K/D's are all sub-40.. so they might just be new players.

Kaiken

Banned
I need hm Oryx too. No one's biting though.

Top of page edit:

SMam6Gf.jpg

Soon, Astrocyte Verse, soon.
I've got some time to run Oryx again if we can get a team together.

the_id

It's the start of the weekend for me! Finally, I'm glad the week is over. 80hrs/week is starting to make me go manic.

I need to do a few things - hm raid, nightfall, also some bounties and practice the crucible for trials.
Anyone wants to do any of these?

Mupod

so many flawless trials emblem people in classic 3v3.

this game's matchmaking makes absolutely no sense. I am not even good and I can't win any matches unless I run like a 5.0 KD.

WipedOut

Finally beat Oryx tonight! What did I get for my trouble?

2 shards
Antiquated Rune
Defiance of Yasmin.

Wtf! Hardest encounter in the game and that's what I get? Ugh!

Still have yet to see one helmet drop in NM or HM

E92 M3

Finally beat Oryx tonight! What did I get for my trouble?

2 shards
Antiquated Rune
Defiance of Yasmin.

Wtf! Hardest encounter in the game and that's what I get? Ugh!

Still have yet to see one helmet drop in NM or HM

Yeah, I got absolutely horrible drops. Only positive is that my Malice is now 317. Only infused it as an investment for the future. Would be so salty if they nerf it lol.

Mupod

finally win a match, get supered 5 times in a row before I can get a 6th pulse rifle kill. This is just the worst shit ever. Who thought this was a good idea?

"hey this team was pretty good I'd like to play with them again, so I'll stay in matchmaking"

"lol no now you have to fight them because you are expected to carry every team of actual helpless babies for some fucking reason"

WipedOut

Yeah, I got absolutely horrible drops. Only positive is that my Malice is now 317. Only infused it as an investment for the future. Would be so salty if they nerf it lol.
No way do they nerf it. It's doing its intended job and only useful during the raid. At least you got a primary. Forever 310 primary and helmet for me.

E92 M3

No way do they nerf it. It's doing its intended job and only useful during the raid. At least you got a primary. Forever 310 primary and helmet for me.

I didn't get a primary, found an old gun that I forgot to infuse. Wanted to put it into my Hung Jury (313 now) but decided that a 317 malice is always helpful for Oryx.

Speaking of infusion: It's freaking annoying that exotics only take a minimum of 4 light, unlike legendaries that do 6. Very annoying to level up exotics.

Mupod

I think the most absolutely ridiculous thing about this quest line is that you're required to win every match, so if you get dropped into a losing round there's no reason not to just quit. What were they thinking.

finally win a match, get supered 5 times in a row before I can get a 6th pulse rifle kill. This is just the worst shit ever. Who thought this was a good idea?

"hey this team was pretty good I'd like to play with them again, so I'll stay in matchmaking"

"lol no now you have to fight them because you are expected to carry every team of actual helpless babies for some fucking reason"

I actually ran into a 5 man team with all flawless emblems in classic 6v6 before. Shit's just pathetic to me.

I think the most absolutely ridiculous thing about this quest line is that you're required to win every match, so if you get dropped into a losing round there's no reason not to just quit. What were they thinking.

Yup. They created a monster. The thing is it wouldn't be so bad if you casually made your way through it playing PvP but it's like they didn't think people wouldn't be sitting down intending to make progress on it. Really boneheaded design.

Mupod

done auto rifles and pulse rifles, tomorrow I guess I gotta do scouts and handcannons. Hopefully all the actually good players are busy with Trials. Sucks I won't be able to participate until I get this shit out of the way, doubt I'll be able to find any help either.

Who's hype for Xur?

I didn't even visit him last week lol

what's a xur?

Sorry guys, I only saw 2 actual signups so I didn't think it was happening, looks like you got a 6 together in here though? I'm available to help if anyone needs or has to drop. Sorry about that!

edit: Hellshadow, I can also do tomorrow night if you're free.

sad to hear.

i was going to run VoG with an irl friend who just got the game a week ago, if you have some signups that would rather raid on the weekend, send them my way :)

Shiv47

Can somebody help with Fears Embrace? Trying to finish the Taken Wars shit, but this one is just a bitch to solo, and I'm tired of dying. At boss, I should mention. PSN shiv2099

border

Any tips for the Imprecation quest where you have to get a precision kill spree in the Crucible? This is a terrible gun.

The best advice is to cheat. Enter Rumble mode with a friend, find a tucked away corner where you can both meet up and kill each other with headshots.

Anyone willing and able to help a new guy get Black Spindle? PSN = GAF name.

I also still haven't gotten it. Can someone maybe run with us who is experienced?

I don't have mine yet either but it seems pretty straight forward. Just gotta rush through to get to the ketch. Once you're on that it's just about killing trash asap until the boss room. That's where it can get crazy. Solo, I get to the boss room with like.. 2minutes left. Not enough to clear it myself though.

Do it. I know I had fun on my tour.
AQ9uKeV.jpg

That's awesome! Looks like a blast. Maybe we'll make an excuse to visit Seattle next summer, that'd be the earliest.

I want to know what the golf club was for...

done auto rifles and pulse rifles, tomorrow I guess I gotta do scouts and handcannons. Hopefully all the actually good players are busy with Trials. Sucks I won't be able to participate until I get this shit out of the way, doubt I'll be able to find any help either.

We should have sent you an invite tonight, sorry :-/ Me, Rubenov, Inapplicable and Wicked were rolling over people for Trials practice and the Weekly bounties. Only trick with games like that is to not Mercy folks before you can get the 6 kills.

I did that quest w Unstable and Wicked and we had to do Salvage so that we could let them cap a point or two until we got the 6 kills. I'll be around this weekend and could probably help out some in between trials runs.

Top Bottom