• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

phen0m24

i was tweeting rawksaur earlier when it dawned on me (no pun intended) that I have in fact never gotten any Iron Banner gear - not since the Beta.

Wow.

I mean, I've gotten two Gjallarhorns to drop from it in Year One, and I did have a Jolder's Hammer, but i never had Felwinter's, Timur's Lash, Radegast or any of the armor. Never hit Rank 5. Never reforged until HoW.

I think it's because after the first two Iron Banners I played (S U R O S R E G I M E) and then that brief time early this year (everything was Last Word on Rusted Lands), the meta went to shit. Bladedancers everywhere with Thorn and Felwinters - I steered clear of that mess.

Saw her tweet this morning. I fell asleep early - like "adult parent" early. So exhausted. TG like everything else I just play it for the fun. The runs we had last IB with Moridhin, Frenden etc. were just bonkers. We were laughing, if we lost we backed out and then went back in.

Metas will change but GAF stays the same. :)

Clash is boring.

Give me Rift Banner pls.

I agree with clash being super boring but unless they made serious changes rift I don't think it would be good for banner.

Rift is fun against uncoordinated randoms, but when a team spawn camps you and you can't do anything about it the game falls apart. I also don't want to see the inevitable red bar warrior spark carrying machines.

I'd like to try zone control for banner. It's a bit boring solo queuing, but could be fun with teams and would require a bit more teamwork than normal control.

i was tweeting rawksaur earlier when it dawned on me (no pun intended) that I have in fact never gotten any Iron Banner gear - not since the Beta. .

First IB match I played tonight we had a team of 5 and matched against her, lol. We managed to lose but I blink shot gunned her several times like a loser, including one time she tried to pop her blade. She was solo queuing so I invited her to the team and she joined the Banner train for awhile. Lost the first two games but then went on a nice winning streak until she had to go. Fun times.

She also mentioned there was some guy stationed in Iraq that had never been to the Lighthouse. She wasn't able to carry him last week but I figured we could do it this weekend if you're game.

Too bad you didn´t change your attitude along with your name.

I swear I have not read ONE post of yours since FOREVER that wasn´t negative.

It´s getting fairly annoying IMO.

I dunno, you must have missed a lot of his posts from fun activities like doing some Mercury carries and Crucible trains. I think perceived negativity gets exaggerated at times; as TG has posted before every DGAF regular loves the game.

Also it's important to remember reading posts doesn't convey intent and tone well and often sounds worse than it's meant. Personally I have a hard time gauging people's posts unless I know them well and have played with them, chatted with them. If I can read someone's post in their voice (including yours, TG's and any other PS4 regular) I'm much better able to interpret it accurately.

GlamFM

Banned
I dunno, you must have missed a lot of his posts from fun activities like doing some Mercury carries and Crucible trains. I think perceived negativity gets exaggerated at times; as TG has posted before every DGAF regular loves the game.

Also it's important to remember reading posts doesn't convey intent and tone well and often sounds worse than it's meant. Personally I have a hard time gauging people's posts unless I know them well and have played with them, chatted with them. If I can read someone's post in their voice (including yours, TG's and any other PS4 regular) I'm much better able to interpret it accurately.

Drizz, you really are the soul of DGAF.

You´re most likely right. I might be the grumpy one this morning.

Rift would be great, if they fixed the spawn/reset problem.

Gimmie Mayhem Clash IB.

I agree with clash being super boring but unless they made serious changes rift I don't think it would be good for banner.

Rift is fun against uncoordinated randoms, but when a team spawn camps you and you can't do anything about it the game falls apart. I also don't want to see the inevitable red bar warrior spark carrying machines.

I'd like to try zone control for banner. It's a bit boring solo queuing, but could be fun with teams and would require a bit more teamwork than normal control.

Rift has tons of problems, no doubt. Rift really does fall apart with two evenly matched teams when nobody can get a dunk. But Clash is dull and Control has been done to death. Zone Contol is a really good suggestion, I like that idea. It would help people learn how to play regular Control correctly instead of treating it just like Clash.

I'm heavily biased in favor of team based modes since I never solo queue. Clash is better for solo folks and there're a lot of those so the change is very understandable. It's just not for me.

phen0m24

First IB match I played tonight we had a team of 5 and matched against her, lol. We managed to lose but I blink shot gunned her several times like a loser, including one time she tried to pop her blade. She was solo queuing so I invited her to the team and she joined the Banner train for awhile. Lost the first two games but then went on a nice winning streak until she had to go. Fun times.

She also mentioned there was some guy stationed in Iraq that had never been to the Lighthouse. She wasn't able to carry him last week but I figured we could do it this weekend if you're game.

1) Dude that guy iFumas in her group is the real deal. Always top of the board. Sad I missed that.

2) TG is always thinking. I like it when he's laughing, so I try to get him going with Yoda or fun stuff. But he LOVES the game. Anyone that would spend the time pouring out the feels over Destiny days of yore - I never get the impression that he thinks the GAME sucks, his mind just lives in three patches from now. Kinda like pvp where he's playing chess and I'm playing candy land.

3) Wait, which voice do you read mine in? Haha :p

Drizz, you really are the soul of DGAF.

You´re most likely right. I might be the grumpy one this morning.

He's like glue. I told him once he's my calming influence. :)

maomaoIYP

I'm heavily biased in favor of team based modes since I never solo queue. Clash is better for solo folks and there're a lot of those so the change is very understandable. It's just not for me.

I solo queue most of the time since there aren't many of DGaf in my timezone.
As you can guess, I prefer Clash. Control is painful to play solo, but still not as painful as rift.

And yet you're one of the biggest advocates of rebuffing the handcannons to almost old values. I'm sorry, but:

giphy.gif

lol wut

Thorn's problem was its range and accuracy which made it easy as hell to spam it and get 2 shot kills. That wouldn't be a problem on its own - Hawkmoon was balanced once the range on the Hand Cannons was first toned down - but unlike Hawkmoon the Thorn had no tradeoffs (stability). That really had nothing to do with Hand Cannons as a whole. I just wrote a longass post here yesterday about how it bothers me that Bungie nerfs entire weapon classes to fix problems attributed to one weapon.

That Rusted Lands game was fun because there were no Thorns, and that was when everyone was running Soft Ballistics, so nobody knew about the 111 glitch on TLW.

Man, I have like 200 glimmer. Can't even upgrade this PDX-45 lol

Doing raids with the ghost used to keep me topped up but now I hardly bother after doing one run

Well I'm not even sure what was negative about me acknowledging that I didn't have Iron Banner gear because I didn't like that meta during Year One's Iron Banner. That's just what it was.

My posts may read like i'm jaded, and I'm not going to deny that the majority of them are critical. If any one finds it depressing to read, they can use the handy ignore feature. If I could ignore half of my thoughts, I would, but it would be dishonest.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't say it's unusual. Neutral and positive discussion isn't stimulating - not nearly as much as negative discussion - because the former do not require creative thinking for solving problems. There's plenty of positive things to discuss about Destiny, or anything else for that matter, and I enjoy picking apart every aspect. But everybody already knows the good things; there's no value in me echoing them when they are only a part of the whole.

Could I put more time into conveying those thoughts? Absolutely, and I'm very much aware of that. Any time I have stepped away has been to reflect on that. But like you said, anyone who has played with me knows that my tone is very rarely as hostile as it may read. In fact, somebody on stream a few weeks ago said I was very chill, which surprised even me because I don't consider myself to be mellow. Quite the opposite in fact, but i don't exactly have the best of outlets presently.

1) Dude that guy iFumas in her group is the real deal. Always top of the board. Sad I missed that.

2) TG is always thinking. I like it when he's laughing, so I try to get him going with Yoda or fun stuff. But he LOVES the game. Anyone that would spend the time pouring out the feels over Destiny days of yore - I never get the impression that he thinks the GAME sucks, his mind just lives in three patches from now. Kinda like pvp where he's playing chess and I'm playing candy land.

3) Wait, which voice do you read mine in? Haha :p

He's like glue. I told him once he's my calming influence. :)

I read all of your posts in Yoda's voice.

It's been a week since I turned on Destiny now. This break has been nice. I'll be back on someday, probably after all of these grad school applications are done.

It's been a week since I turned on Destiny now. This break has been nice. I'll be back on someday, probably after all of these grad school applications are done.

I've mostly been turning it on to get my Hunter and Titan up to 40 and check with Eva for the last two or three vendor emblems I need for that set. It's been hard with overnight schedules to really get into raids, whether it's KF to light up or VoG to finish the NTTE questline, or any pvp trains.

bitsurugi

Clash is boring.

Give me Rift Banner pls.

I take boring over ''rage about stupid teammates'' any day. Clash is easier to carry out 5 or more randoms.

6v6 fireteam Clash is a campfest, that for sure. And boring, esp on maps like Black Shield when 1 team can easily camp inside and there is nothing you can do if they are good.

Rift, as it is now, is a no go. And i hope they never put that thing into IB playlist. Spawnkilling with heavy, super chaining and 10 second respawns are even more boring then clash.

Why not Salvage IB? It would also ease the lag. Or skirmish. Or anything. PVP is PVP, i have no idea why they keep forcing those 6v6 modes, eventhough for a WHOLE YEAR the community has been complaining about lag in IB.

It would solve lag issues? Probably not, or most likely not. Would it have less lag on average? For sure.

noomi

Oh hey, probably already answered but where can we trade in wormspore?

Or wait... is that not available until December?

Mupod

most disappointing raid week so far, just have hunter left to go. Haven't even found anything worth infusing yet.

Picked up the counterbalance/hand-laid stock Lyudmila, no point hanging on to it if I won't be playing much/at all for the following weeks due to other games coming out. Seems like it could be usable, this is much more my type of pulse rifle than what is popular right now. Grabbed the ultra-stable Suros pulse too but obviously can't try it out until later. Looking forward to running around IB assuming we get Oryx down fast.

Lnkn52

Platinum.png

If you returned to Destiny after a 2 month+ leave

Gold%20Large.PNG

If you returned to Destiny after a 1 month leave

Bronze%20Large.PNG

If you returned to Destiny after a 2 week leave

Silver%20Large.PNG

If you returned to Destiny after a 1 week leave

in that case update the ot. played fuck all from about feb all the way to the the lead up to TTK dropping

and all I had to do was nothing ahahaha

Has anyone tried out the Suros? Looking at the possible rolls the chances of getting anything better seem slim to none http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2790109143

It's pretty good but you can definitely feel the range if you take injection mold. The burst groupings from further out are a touch less accurate.

It wouldn't be that difficult to top this roll. I think hand laid stock offers the same stability just on its own. That and hammer forged would be the bees knees. Alternatively perfect balance + smallbore can offer something similar while again offering better range than the one available this week. It doesn't seem like counter balance is needed on a weapon like this if stability is this high. The middle perk isn't really make or break. Hidden Hand is probably best though

GutZ31

Soooo, it looks like the consensus is that Iron Banana is now boring because it no longer has an objective?

Clash really does get boring, so no surprise there.
Rift does seem like the most team based mode out of everything, but I don't know if that is what bungie wants for IB.

Iron Lagger Rumble is the only answer.
/s

Deku Tree

Soooo, it looks like the consensus is that Iron Banana is now boring because it no longer has an objective?

Clash really does get boring, so no surprise there.
Rift does seem like the most team based mode out of everything, but I don't know if that is what bungie wants for IB.

Iron Lagger Rumble is the only answer.
/s

I proposed a week long rift even with loot earlier and recks (aka xo) told me that he might delete all his characters when that happened.

EDIT: yeah it was that poster below me that said it (can't find the down arrow on my keyboard to point thought).

I have won 0 out of 9 IB matches. I fucking hate clash for this. It's just random shit going on everywhere, at least make it mayhem clash so being unorganized and cheap is justified.
It's basically impossible for me to get the top score bounty.
If I still had emotions and feelings, they would be of frustration and anger.

Edit: top of page whining

Hb0rHLZ.gif

Mupod

If you returned to Destiny after a 2 month+ leave

I stopped in November last year and came back in August.

Holy shit I've played too much of this game lately. As soon as I get my fill of IB I'm gonna play something relaxing and slow paced for a while. And get some sleep.

I have won 0 out of 9 IB matches. I fucking hate clash for this. It's just random shit going on everywhere, at least make it mayhem clash so being unorganized and cheap is justified.

I only play IB with GAF, to me that's the entire purpose to the event. I may make an exception if I want the top score bounty, which is nearly impossible to get that way. With randoms your only competition for that bounty is going to be how hard your shitty teammates feed kills to the #1 guy on the other side.

stay gold

Think I'm gonna hang onto my PDX-45 package. I already have a max stability Hawksaw, so I'm hoping to improve on that with stability + full auto.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Hb0rHLZ.gif

I mean it feels like Mayhem for the most part. Most matches are just a mess. It's a miracle I was able to get a 10-streak with all these hammers and stormcallers popping every 10 seconds.

Top Bottom