• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I stopped in November last year and came back in August.

Holy shit I've played too much of this game lately. As soon as I get my fill of IB I'm gonna play something relaxing and slow paced for a while. And get some sleep.

I only play IB with GAF, to me that's the entire purpose to the event. I may make an exception if I want the top score bounty, which is nearly impossible to get that way. With randoms your only competition for that bounty is going to be how hard your shitty teammates feed kills to the #1 guy on the other side.

I just want the chest piece.
And I'm just used to doing better. In control it's not a problem for me to get the top score. But last night I was at the bottom several times. I was actually the guy who other randoms blame for losing. Even in regular clash that never happened. I can't wrap my mind around being this bad. Maybe I was just playing worse than usual yesterday and today I'll do better. Or everyone just got way better than me. Who knows.

PuMa

Rift has tons of problems, no doubt. Rift really does fall apart with two evenly matched teams when nobody can get a dunk. But Clash is dull and Control has been done to death. Zone Contol is a really good suggestion, I like that idea. It would help people learn how to play regular Control correctly instead of treating it just like Clash.

I'm heavily biased in favor of team based modes since I never solo queue. Clash is better for solo folks and there're a lot of those so the change is very understandable. It's just not for me.

I think I'm in the opposite pool. I can't stand Rift, but I do a lot of solo crucible play since I often only have time for a few matches (during the week at least). I like the change to Clash for IB this go-around.

Edit: C'mon people, get with the posting.

I mean it feels like Mayhem for the most part. Most matches are just a mess. It's a miracle I was able to get a 10-streak with all these hammers and stormcallers popping every 10 seconds.

According to my bounties I've only gotten 3 double kills. That's the best I could do.
But I'm a warlock that doesn't use stormcaller. So my fault.

GorillaJu

I agree with Bitsurugi, Clash isn't so bad for IB when playing with randoms. Control is more frustrating when you have bad teammates. Clash games just tend to be closer overall, I've noticed.

maomaoIYP

I didn't know Clash wasn't well liked. I'm having a much better time in Clash IB than Control IB. Control can cause pure rage when solo queueing - something like captured A, captured B, then some idiot captures C and then we lose A and B and we never get it back.

Feorax

If you finish a weekly bounty, is it better to wait till the end of the week to turn it in or does the rep boost not work like that anymore?

maomaoIYP

I just realized that since Shaxx is now selling the legendary swords, you can technically get nine exotic swords, all at 310.
Sounds like an excellent way to get some lovely infusion fodder, if you can stand the quests.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I just realized that since Shaxx is now selling the legendary swords, you can technically get nine exotic swords, all at 310.
Sounds like an excellent way to get some lovely infusion fodder, if you can stand the quests.

Just went and bought some just for that.

noomi

Was feeling some really awful lag during raids last night, some real bullshit. Maybe Iron Lagger effects?

- Stepping on bomb at Oryx and it wouldn't explode
- bubble at totems wouldn't pass over to other players
- dieing inside the bubble at Oryx
- Warpriest lag and delay

Da fug?

Feorax

Seems the light level for banner drops is way more random than I thought. Just saw a 307 get a 290 chest.

Also, seems strange I've only seen the chest drop so far. No gloves, no hand cannon and no HMG.

recks

Was feeling some really awful lag during raids last night, some real bullshit. Maybe Iron Lagger effects?

- Stepping on bomb at Oryx and it wouldn't explode
- bubble at totems wouldn't pass over to other players
- dieing inside the bubble at Oryx
- Warpriest lag and delay

Da fug?
I blame the Phalanxes
and Wicked

Re: Clash IB. Seems like everyone agrees. Clash is better for solo, control is better for groups. Rift would be even more extreme on the "good in groups, bad solo" scale.

Salvage IB would be my favorite but it'll never be 3v3, that's the niche for Trials. Zone Control might be the best hope.

Drizz, you really are the soul of DGAF.

You´re most likely right. I might be the grumpy one this morning.

Thanks buddy, I really appreciate it. I do try my best.

In fact, somebody on stream a few weeks ago said I was very chill, which surprised even me because I don't consider myself to be mellow. Quite the opposite in fact, but i don't exactly have the best of outlets presently..

You're generally pretty mellow while playing. You keep the rage inside much better than myself.

But are you gonna be around for Trials carries this weekend? There's the Military man and Dawn also mentioned some more co-workers of hers that were looking for help.

Seems the light level for banner drops is way more random than I thought. Just saw a 307 get a 290 chest.

Also, seems strange I've only seen the chest drop so far. No gloves, no hand cannon and no HMG.
Its completely ramdom. Yesterday i got2 chests for my warlock. The first was 297, the second was 279 (marks). My warlock its at max 302, if i move things around

Today my 297 hunter got a 299 IB chest. Go figure

Ah yes, reaching rank 3 in IB gave a 310 artifact (infusion fodder)

Drizz, sorry we didn't get to go to Mercury together with Rubenov last Friday, but I saw the lag you were dealing with and eesh! I hope this weekend is better with the laggers all in the Iron Banner.

Btw, still waiting on your ranking of Raid encounters...

765.jpg

That Lymuida roll...

My guardian's body is ready.

Lyudmila is cool but it's really difficult to get the full burst to connect on dynamic targets. Sure if you start a gunfight with someone else and you have their whole body in view you can reck them with a quick two burst kill. When they're moving though or, you can only see the head it becomes a 3 burst or more at which point its slow as shit and you'll wish you had a Hawksaw.

Afrocious

DGAF, I have a question:

When do you normally run raids and nightfalls on your alts? I'd like to know. I have an idea for something, but I'd like to see people's PvE habits and schedules.

Trakan

DGAF, I have a question:

When do you normally run raids and nightfalls on your alts? I'd like to know. I have an idea for something, but I'd like to see people's PvE habits and schedules.

When I was doing them, I'd try to get them all done Tuesday with the main because it's hard to get 6 people together multiple times a week.

GlamFM

Banned
DGAF, I have a question:

Raid on my main - right at reset (that´s 10 in the morning here in Germany)
Raid on my alt - some time after work on the same day once a group forms on GAF (or in the middle of the night with you guys)

GunnerZ

You grabbing these Gunsmith rolls? I know you have a perfect Hawksaw but I'm curious if you'll give the Suros and Lymuida a spin. I'd like to know your thoughts on them!
I tried that lymuida pulse rifle and it's ok, doesn't really fit my play style but man that PDX- 3 stability perks, a freaking 90 aim assist pretty much super glues to ppl pared with a shotgun and a truth it's a skating titans dream.

So yeah, really not enjoying Clash for Iron Banner, I hope this is just an experiemental thing, and not a permanent.

Something I thought of, that I don't understand right now.

Currently, there are two weekly playlists. Why is Iron Banner only one of them?

Like, Why not have 1 of them be Zone Control (what IB should have been from beginning), and another be Rumble. Let the top 3 in Rumble count as a win, and you'd be set. This way people have an option, and there is a playlist for teams, and a playlist for those who queue solo. Like, right now Inferno Salvage is up as a playlist... why? Who is even playing that right now?

I tried that lymuida pulse rifle and it's ok, doesn't really fit my play style but man that PDX- 3 stability perks, a freaking 90 aim assist pretty much super glues to ppl pared with a shotgun and a truth it's a skating titans dream.

Sounds like I am working on my titan first in IB this week.

Actually the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to have Iron Banner be a undefined game type. Let it play out like the old Doubles mode, or the classic PvP Playlists where they have a chance of being a variety of modes.

I get that some people like the change for Clash, and some people preferred Control.
Whynotboth.jpg

Let it be random.

Daemul

Clash is the best mode for IB in my opinion since you can limit the damage that bad teammates can do. Control is way too dependent on your team being competent, and the double and triple scoring you get depending on the number of capture zones you have makes things real hard because one fool's fuck up can lead to your team being thousands of points behind.

Control is probably more casual friendly because even the worst players can still contribute by capturing and defending zones, whilst in Clash you actually need some semblance of skill if you don't want to to end up at the bottom of the scoreboard every game with your 3 kills and 0.3k.d lol.

Top Bottom