• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I played three games of Iron Bananas, my first so far. Won two, lost the third, but went positive k/d in all three and came away having had a lot of fun. With randoms!

My secret is to find someone with a cool helmet and follow them around.

5HTJjVm.png

I couldn't resist

I don't know why the 2500 bounty is giving me so much trouble tonight. I won 7 games in a row when I first got on, and I was getting scores between 19000 - 2400. It was rather infuriating. As the night progressed, I became more and more frustrated, so I just turned it off. All of the other bounties are done, save for the Rank 4 bounty.

Hey everyone, I didn't know where to ask this but I just got Destiny vanilla and am lost and have a few questions.

I got it at Best Buy for pretty cheap (like 3 bucks with certificate I had) and not sure if I'll like it so I didn't get all the dlc but I downloaded the game and it says Taken King? What's that about, I thought that was dlc? Do I have full vanilla version?

2. I want to co-op but none of my friends play, can I matchmake at all in this game or am I stuck solo?

3. How do I play multiplayer?

Any other helpful tips for a newbie so I can enjoy my experience. Love the gunplay but am a little overwhelmed. Thanks in advance!

1.) if you just bought the vanilla disc with no download codes or anything it should be just vanilla. The title/login screen or icon may say Taken King

2.) match making is available for many activities but not all. There is MM for Strike playlists and all vanilla Crucible (PvP) modes. There is not MM for story missions (including the Daily story), patrols, raids or Nightfalls. Most people, including myself, just played the story missions solo, it's not a big deal. But once you level up more and want to do NFalls or the Vault of Glass raid then you could post here for groups or use other destinylfg websites.

Unfortunately basically everyone here has the Taken King and is therefore focused on the current end game content like the King's Fall raid. Also, if the Nightfall strike is not a vanilla strike then you won't be able to play it, which I think is the case most if not every week (including this week).

Ultimately I would say play through the story, do some strikes and PvP, and eventually level up enough to do Vault of Glass at least once. If the game hooks you then definitely consider getting the DLC, but either way you should know by then if not sooner whether or not the game is for you. It will be much easier to find groups here if you have TTK although the player base is in a major lull currently since most folks have exhausted the current content.

3.) do you mean PvP? You have to reach somewhere around ~Level 5 before you get access to the Crucible. Then the playlists will open up and you can freely access the various modes with MM.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions. The game can be overwhelming at first which also makes it hard to fully explain stuff to newer players. Good luck and feel free to post any questions here!

Ryck

TTK is much more friendly to single characters than Destiny year 1; I barely touch my alts. No reason to delete them though, unless it bugs you to have them around. You might get the itch to run a different class now and then.
Yeah true I will definetly get tht itch sooner or later.

I think I will just ease up on my routine of running EVERYTHING with all three of my characters every week.

Posting for new page. Myself and GorillaJu have 4 spots open for IB if anyone wants to hop in

How long will you be running? I'd be down to knock out some bounties before reset but can't get online for a bit.

Also I want to stay up for the Gunsmith rolls and especially to glitch him out and get the new weapons he brings asap, right before reset.

I couldn't resist

Try harder. Breezy pls.

I don't know why the 2500 bounty is giving me so much trouble tonight. I won 7 games in a row when I first got on, and I was getting scores between 19000 - 2400. It was rather infuriating. As the night progressed, I became more and more frustrated, so I just turned it off. All of the other bounties are done, save for the Rank 4 bounty.

2500 is asking you to get a quarter of the score for a win solo between you and another 5 people. The number makes sense in Control but definitely not Clash.

How long will you be running? I'd be down to knock out some bounties before reset but can't get online for a bit.

Also I want to stay up for the Gunsmith rolls and especially to glitch him out and get the new weapons he brings asap, right before reset.

I'll be on for a while. Probably going to stay up for the gunsmith as well. I need them pdx's.

Running NF with room for one more, just got on board the ship.

That was me that jumped in. Thanks for the run. Got the Taniks Cloak and some free marks. Good times!

Also.. that was an insanely fast Taniks kill lol! Would've been faster if he hadn't have been turned around on the platform too. Couldn't crit him.

Feorax

Gonna faff around in IB today, desperately hoping those Warlock gloves drop for me close to 310 light.

Did the 10 kill streak part of the bounty in my first match, which was nice.

Feorax

I don't quite understand how you're supposed to win IB matches when players shields and health are regenerating almost instantaneously.

PDX-45 1 and 3 rolls are utter crap, number 2 is the best one.

Fitted stock
Counterbalance
Injection mold

Now getting caterpillar and banjo errors, sigh.

Edit: Think one of the Lyudmilas had glass half full, counterbalance and hand laid stock, other two were shit full auto ones.

One of the PDX-45s has fitted stock + counter balance + injection mold. Not ideal but it can pretty much max stability, range ends up low though

maomaoIYP

PDX-45 1 and 3 rolls are utter crap, number 2 is the best one.

Fitted stock
Counterbalance
Injection mold

Now getting caterpillar and banjo errors, sigh.

Edit: Think one of the Lyudmilas had glass half full, counterbalance and hand laid stock, other two were shit full auto ones.

Woah. I'll claim one of my PDX-45s and the Lyudmila.

bitsurugi

2500 is asking you to get a quarter of the score for a win solo between you and another 5 people. The number makes sense in Control but definitely not Clash.

Well, if you perform ok and do 1/6th points needed for a win in a control match, with 5 other ppl, you need to do 3.333 points (20.000 : 6 = 3.333). So to complete the daily you need to do less then 33% then the average (1/6th of the win) score.

Clash:
1/6 of total points needed for a win in Clash is 1.666. From 1.666 to 2500 is a 50% more points needed then your average player point count. That's a lot! It might not sound much on paper, but in practice you need:

a) a really good win
b) have 3-4 ppl having a bad game
c) win.

In practice this means that this daily can be done when you have an outstanding game and also the score will probably be REALLY tight between the 2 teams, since you also need a few of your teammates to play really bad.

Also: i have done already all the requirements for the iron wrath bounty (killstreak, top score, multikills), yet i couldn't do the daily. Came close many times, but never got it, mostly since i had a few good teammates.

So the daily (! which should be according to Bungie easy and completable in a few games) is actually really hard, as you need to do 1/4 of total points needed for a win, instead of only 1/8th.

i was tweeting rawksaur earlier when it dawned on me (no pun intended) that I have in fact never gotten any Iron Banner gear - not since the Beta.

Wow.

I mean, I've gotten two Gjallarhorns to drop from it in Year One, and I did have a Jolder's Hammer, but i never had Felwinter's, Timur's Lash, Radegast or any of the armor. Never hit Rank 5. Never reforged until HoW.

I think it's because after the first two Iron Banners I played (S U R O S R E G I M E) and then that brief time early this year (everything was Last Word on Rusted Lands), the meta went to shit. Bladedancers everywhere with Thorn and Felwinters - I steered clear of that mess.

So, is Iron Banner - Clash Edition better or worse than Control? I'm guessing because there's no objective to play, most people are camping and using their fucking aimbots (1k yard stare) or broke-ass ohko snipers like Eirene with LITC?

Jinjo

i was tweeting rawksaur earlier when it dawned on me (no pun intended) that I have in fact never gotten any Iron Banner gear - not since the Beta.

Wow.

I mean, I've gotten two Gjallarhorns to drop from it in Year One, and I did have a Jolder's Hammer, but i never had Felwinter's, Timur's Lash, Radegast or any of the armor. Never hit Rank 5. Never reforged until HoW.

I think it's because after the first two Iron Banners I played (S U R O S R E G I M E) and then that brief time early this year (everything was Last Word on Rusted Lands), the meta went to shit. Bladedancers everywhere with Thorn and Felwinters - I steered clear of that mess.

And yet you're one of the biggest advocates of rebuffing the handcannons to almost old values. I'm sorry, but:

giphy.gif

I like it better with clash, less camping and no spawn killing. Plus the matches ends a lot faster in clash ;)

really I find there's more camping if anything

sides get deadlocked in sniper battlez

I've noticed a lot more IB gear dropping though.. It was like every other game tonight.. Got a chest on my worst game of the night of course

Man, I got really bones on the raid for the first time, boots at 8 light lower than the ones I got last week and Shards.

I wish they'd at least guarantee that Oryx himself drop some sort of equipment.

GlamFM

Banned

Wow.

EDIT: NM, I´m probably being an ass.

stay gold

So, is Iron Banner - Clash Edition better or worse than Control? I'm guessing because there's no objective to play, most people are camping and using their fucking aimbots (1k yard stare) or broke-ass ohko snipers like Eirene with LITC?

Much worse imo. At least with randoms.

Everyone just runs off in random directions since there's no objectives to focus on (and because staying with your teammates is a foreign concept to many), 2 minutes in and the spawns are a total clusterfuck.

Also like how Bungie changed the game type but couldn't be bothered to update the bounties. 2500 points is a lot more in clash than it is in control.

Top Bottom