• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

It's probably because I come from other MMOs, but what are you hoping for in end-game raiding? It's intended to be mechanically complicated and require communication and coordination. What would make it better? Bullet sponge bosses with no mechanics? Mechanics that a single person could do and carry a team regardless of their awareness or light level?

I've never played an MMO in my life. I'd just like it if people could die every once in a while.
A game asking for perfection when the game itself isn't perfect is stupid. The raid is still littered with glitches and lag and random freak occurrences.

LTWood12

Even some of the best groups will wipe on Oryx a few times, with perfect execution and coordination there is still the "bullshit" factor where anything and everything can go wrong.

Of course. I assumed that was obvious to people here. Obviously not what I'm saying.

edit: My post above should say 'THAN' instead of 'and' in that last sentence. for some reason it won't let me edit it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
In a bit of a lull right now, how best can I level up my light level? I'm at 233, so I can't do heroics yet.

Story missions/quests?
For real getting to 290 light is not difficult at all. Surely not so difficulty that you feel "stuck".
Just keep plugging away at the quests you have.

Even some of the best groups will wipe on Oryx a few times, with perfect execution and coordination there is still the "bullshit" factor where anything and everything can go wrong.

True sometimes it just won't happen for whatever reason (see the dream team yesterday for example no1 :p ), theres no point in beating yourself up about it. The reason it gets so tiring is the fixed nature of the fight, I haven't timed it but it must be at least 12 minutes from start to finish

Theres also the weekly kick in the nuts for when you do get it done to contend with as well

phen0m24

You know we don't understand you sometimes full house.
Iunderstoodthatreference.gif

And thanks for the kind words Lt. I just marvel at the ability of many who really fit into that 1% label and are equally awesome about leaping in headlong to help others.

You have my respect and admiration, DGAF. Maybe if the game brings us back with some good content soon we can get more groups going. At the last if we over level eventually more groups should form... ; )

LTWood12

You know we don't understand you sometimes full house.

fullhouse-yankeedoodle.gif

spyder_ur

I've never played an MMO in my life. I'd just like it if people could die every once in a while.
A game asking for perfection when the game itself isn't perfect is stupid. The raid is still littered with glitches and lag and random freak occurrences.

I think it's only really bad on Oryx. Honestly, saving a Totems or Warpriest or Golgy run with someone down is kind of fun. People filling spots, extra focus to ensure DPS. Oryx just feels hopeless, plus there are more ways to die. I generally dislike the Oryx fight anyways though - I think it's silly.

Edit: Careful, LT, careful.

ich00

I feel a lot of the same way. I've had some great experiences playing with dgaf: I got carried through my first vog severly under leved by a group andall of dark below was spent raiding with so many great gaffers. However since HoW came out my time spent with gaf was cut because of the content bungie created there.

With TTK I haven't been able to find a consistent group at all and despite getting to HM Oryx a few times, have yet to get in a group to kill him, its horrbly frustrating. I find more and more, trying to find a groupd here has become difficult(some may be due to the time i play and some is is due to nor as many people being in gaf), whereas pre-HoW I rarely had an issue.

I found a group via a Reddit subreddit, thinking finally I found some consistent skilled players, then proceeded to spend 2 hours not killing the Warpriest. It sucks all the fun out of the game and makes me want to give up even trying to finish the HM raid.

Now I don't see this so much as a dgaf problem, more of a design issue with the raid. Between the garbage loot drops and the punishing nature of deaths, the raid can be really frustrating. It's really hard to have someone who doesn't know what they're doing being a member of the fireteam, it can bring down the whole group, whereas the last two raids were muc more forgiving when it came to individual skill level. Also did I mention the loot drops suck?

TL:DR dgaf is awesome, its just a lot harder to find a good consistent group and bungie designed a raid that that can be super frustrating without high skill players also cause the loot sucks.

I have NO CLUE why we spent almost 3 hours doing just Warpriest and Totems. It was pretty disheartening because I have only started experiencing continual wipes over the past couple of weeks. The difference though, is that, last week, I only had this problem with Oryx on ONE CHARACTER and this week, on my very first reset raid, I couldn't even get Oryx in the time it usually takes me to finish off 2 raids. It's almost like people have forgotten how to do the raid with people you're not accustomed to raiding with on a regular basis. This is the reason I always make call outs for everything when raiding. It might be annoying but it almost always ends up saving time, in the long run.

Yeah, sometimes certain people just don't gel together I guess. It's not a big deal.

LTWood12

one last thing, I screw up just as much if not more than the next person. When I do, I try to let everyone know what happened, why it happened, and that it was my fault.

noomi

Of course. I assumed that was obvious to people here. Obviously not what I'm saying.

edit: My post above should say 'THAN' instead of 'and' in that last sentence. for some reason it won't let me edit it.

LT, my comment wasn't aimed at your post, I was just making a general statement. I didn't mean for anyone to take that the wrong way, my apologies if it came across that way. This is why I typically stay out of discussions like these.

Seems people around here are getting a bit upset, just wanted to say sometimes it's ok to wipe :)

True sometimes it just won't happen for whatever reason (see the dream team yesterday for example no1 :p ), theres no point in beating yourself up about it. The reason it gets so tiring is the fixed nature of the fight, I haven't timed it but it must be at least 12 minutes from start to finish

Theres also the weekly kick in the nuts for when you do get it done to contend with as well

Happened to my group yesterday, so much lag and BS during the raid encounters.

Mindlog

My deaths this week.
One to a double swording Shade. Not many people know that tethering too soon to his entrance will do that so no big deal.
Died to the knights shooting the hell out of me during the bomb dodging phase.

Do combat rolls help? I don't know. All I know is that was the first time that ever happened. I blame, Cosmos. All that talk during the reset runs got into my head.

0 Platforms missed while relic running.
Still hate the DS4 :]

StMeph

How good is the IB vendor machine gun? It seems like something worth picking up, but as a Warlock I also kind of want both of the vendor armor pieces, and am not sure I can muster enough Marks for all three things.

lunlunqq

Anyone kind enough to help me finish the collecting ghost daily mission? I made it to the final boss area without dying. I've already collected the first two ghost. I'm afraid to do the last part all by myself... :( Please just join me. PSN: lunlunqq.

I've been a bit out of the loop recently, just really trying to clear out a few quest lines and bounties. Did Bungie ever make any changes to the Sunbreaker super in the Crucible?

Destiny is just going through a content drought. No big deal, it happened during this time last year and during the summer. Enjoy other games, Bungie is working on DLC instead of moving on to another game completely (as in Marathon 2 instead of Destiny 2.0).

I hop on every now and then and play with a dedicated group but I'm not about to bang my head against the wall over some HM raids.

Nicodemic

With all the raid talk, I would like to take the occasion to give a huge shout out to my DGAF team from yesterday. We took down HM Oryx after 1 and a half maybe 2 hours but in the end, we overcame the challenge with everyone standing on their feet. It was my first hard mode kill and today I feel super proud all because of the tenacity of the good gaffers of the Destiny thread. Thank you!

P.S. Special shout out to Pandora, our relic runner. That was some ninja magic right there! ;-)

Destiny is just going through a content drought. No big deal, it happened during this time last year and during the summer. Enjoy other games, Bungie is working on DLC instead of moving on to another game completely (as in Marathon 2 instead of Destiny 2.0).

The bolded is to be determined, so far we've had Bags of Candy (meh) now we have sherpa a friend (double meh). Deej needs to go hard tomorrow with the update as another fluffy padding one could kill the game off

Deku Tree

The bolded is to be determined, so far we've had Bags of Candy (meh) now we have sherpa a friend (double meh). Deej needs to go hard tomorrow with the update as another fluffy padding one could kill the game off

nah... you vastly over estimate how many people read those in the grand scheme of people who play Destiny.

Number45

This game is dead and the community here is too in comparison to every other DLC release.

There used to be pages of requests for all sorts of content and now there's nothing.
UK GAF here, never seems to be anyone around when I have the time to play so I've started looking elsewhere. :(

I did spend some time raiding normal up to daughters on Saturday night (thanks to the folks who explained it all to me), but we called it a night (at the daughters, where it appeared we were having some glitches, at two in the morning for me) and when those people finally came online the next day it was half ten at night with me due to get up at half five the following morning.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought tickets to PAX East.

No idea what to expect or how I'm even going to head up to Boston, but there you go.

Nice! Eventually I think I want to check out East and Prime. I went to South this year and really enjoyed it. I'm really excited for next year.

flkraven

On Monday I did HM Daughters/Oryx with 4 people that had never done either. The two people who had completed it were rolling at 313/312 (me and a friend). All the first-timers were sub 310, as low as 306 & 307. Finished it with just the typical learning-of-mechanics growing pains. Not super quick, but banging it out in 2 hours with new runners wasn't too bad.

The funny thing is that the 306 guy was saying that it was okay to go on without him since he wasn't high enough LL. I am really getting sick of this because it is pretty baseless (not his mentality, but the fact that the community makes him feel this way). It's all about what weapons you have and can you survive. We did no knights due to the level disadvantage and he had ToM. Anyone with ToM that can survive hiding on a plate and detonating a bomb can get Oryx done.

Can 307 do HM? I wonder

See above.

Top Bottom