• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Scouts are in a good place. I actually don't have any problems with scouts.
Can any one elaborate on this patch note regarding the Sleeper Simulant:

'Inventory no longer benefits from Fusion Rifle armor perks, but does benefit from Heavy Ammo armor perks.'

I haven't encountered any y2 armor that lets me carry more 'heavy'... I do, however, have armor that lets me interchange between more fusion and rocket ammo..

Exactly.

Kyoufu

'Inventory no longer benefits from Fusion Rifle armor perks, but does benefit from Heavy Ammo armor perks.'

I haven't encountered any y2 armor that lets me carry more 'heavy'... I do, however, have armor that lets me interchange between more fusion and rocket ammo..

Some Exotics have the Heavy Ammo perk on them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bungie employees goes into Crucible or any event and buffs/nerfs things according to how they themselves perform. Get shoot in the head by hawkmoon? Noif. Uses Fabian strategy against Unstable like players and gets destroyed without much effort from opposition? Buff.

Frenden

Banned
My IB haul:

6 hand cannons
5 ghosts (320 and 314 being the best)
10 chests (310 highest)
6 gauntlets (maybe five, I can't remember if I sharded any)
4 HMGs (one was the vendor)
1 Scout Rifle (312, infusion fodder roll)
1 Rocket Launcher (314, also a bad roll)
1 Ship

...and I haven't even hit Rank 5 on my Warlock yet. Titan and Hunter are both done.

My IB haul:

6 hand cannons
10 chests (310 highest)
1 Ship

...and I haven't even hit Rank 5 on my Warlock yet. Titan and Hunter are both done.

K6poV38.jpg

Mindlog

So I can finally get rid of most of my PRs. Wondering what the actual TTK is on most of those. The chart leaves that out. Spare Change is great if you land every crit, but missing gets you smoked.
I hate you :(

Shotguns have been fine in PvE for a while. Not HoW levels of ridiculousness, but a good option to sniper rifles. Would I love them at HoW levels? Yeah, of course. But a further nerf in PvE will be horrible. Because even now, doing heroic strikes, if you get too close to an enemy you'll die in a few hits no matter your light level. I've talked about it before, but seeing as how a regular fallen captain(For example) can kill you in 3 hits even when you're <310 LL in a heroic strike is laughable. Meaning Shotguns will be alot harder to use effectively in PvE seeing as how the recommended usage is at melee range.
If a shotgun can reliably kill a regular fallen captain then what can't it do?

I still want shotguns to wipe up mobs and fusion rifles to be the strong counter to short-range higher level enemies. This kind of differentiation gives them purpose and really fits the lore better. Shotguns are the stalwart weapon of old and FRs are the new hotness, but with limitations.

I keep old boots to give me a few extra shots when eating a synth. I wonder if that stacks with heavy armor chest pieces.
You can still get the boots from Vault, Crota and Skolas related festivities.

Kyoufu

I don't have one Y2 exotic armor that lets me carry more heavy; guess I'm using glass needles until I get that roll... This is total BS btw

Alchemist's Raiment for Warlock has it.

I can't remember which others but I know I'm missing at least one other.

Home from yet another work trip tonight. Not been playing much destiny but reading some positive things about iron banner has me wanting to play over the weekend.

Last iron banner I got two characters to rank 5 without getting a single drop then didn't have enough and couldn't get enough marks to buy everything. Left a rather sour taste in my mouth. Hopefully this time feels a little.more rewarding.

My IB haul:

6 hand cannons
10 chests (310 highest)
1 Ship

That is some insane luck, especially the ghosts. I played all day getting Rank 5 and saw maybe 1/4 of that stuff. Only saw one ghost drop at all. Never saw a single Rocket, HMG, or Scout drop.

Zhalo and sidearms will reign supreme. :p

Zhalo is already poping out more and more. I actualy found it quite ok during this IB. Fast ROF, bolts from the blue when lots of guardians are in close proximity, persistence....
Still prefer my Suros with spinning up if i decide to use an AR in PVP. Mostly pulse rifles user here, but i've been so ever since i got my Red Death on year one.

Mindlog

Oh yeah and it's nice that they're offering stuff to good salespeople, but they should really consider offering something similar to the sherpas that go out of their way to make the game more fun for others.

Top Bottom