• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Played an IB match just now. Snipers galore on the opposing team. Died a lot by snipers but managed to annoy the shit out of the camping snipers with my shotty kills and scout rifle kills. IDK how we won despite the score of 9050 over 7600 (us) but we did and winning that IB match versus those skilled snipers was godlike. Im sure that left a sour taste in their mouths and their controllers smashing against the wall after. Won 5 games straight with no IB trains. I feel unstoppable GAF.
Goddamn clutch!!

Navy Bean

Is anyone enjoying the pulse rifle meta? I hate it. I tried some IB and it was 80% shotty and 20% pulse. And it was just no fun to me. (I also find clash to be the worst mode).

I don't even care what the weapon changes are I just hope it's significantly different from where it is now.

TsuWave

does the IB hand cannon always drop with "exhumed"? i hate that perk and i got two with it, plus two of my friends did as well.

Frenden

Banned
I haven't been as motivated to play Destiny as I was by this IB in a looong time. There was incentive. You give players a chance at guaranteed 310+, endgame loot and they want to do the activity.

Funny how that works.

I haven't been as motivated to play Destiny as I was by this IB in a looong time. There was incentive. You give players a chance at guaranteed 310+, endgame loot and they want to do the activity.

Funny how that works.

Wait. Are you saying getting loot makes a loot game more enjoyable? I don't believe it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nightstalker.

Last place. Struggling.

Switch back to Gunslinger.

"YOUR LEGEND GROWS".
Phantom badge.

maomaoIYP

It's matches like these where I really adore the change to Clash in IB. There's not a chance of winning in Control with team mates like these from solo queuing. We won by the length of a hair's breath, but a win is a win.
P38TkM5.png

Is anyone have connection issues? I've been disconnected, mid-match, 3 times now and twice at the end of the match. I'm getting at least 40mbps on the PS4, and I've never had the problem before. Error code is baboon.

Never mind, it seems to have corrected itself.

TsuWave

nightstalker is my favorite subclass. it just feels great, its fun. i do think its super requires better decision making than the other subclasses' supers in pvp.

Gammacide

I just dropped into an IB match that lasted 3 seconds, everyone had 0-0 k/d and I get a 297 IB chest. My 4th chest piece of the day. Ridiculous what is going on here.

the explanation for the additional hawkmoon nerf is so god damn stupid. it's used way more than other hand cannons because it's like the only decent weapon in a weapon class that's never used anymore.

the new meta is atrocious. long range camping with snipers, and mid range pulses choking the same site lines. nobody even rushes anymore because people are afraid of getting killed by shotguns. so boring.

daedalius

Guess I'd better get to rank 5 with the old gunsmith, the first curse sounds a bit less terrible.

Probably will be back to maining hawkmoon tho, I'm thrilled I don't HAVE to use pulse rifles in pvp anymore.

Frenden took all the loot.

Made it to Rank 3 on my Titan and Warlock with Weekly bounties done but not turned in yet. I'll work on my Hunter Saturday.

Freden took all the loot.

HighOnPCP

I just read this on Luke Smith's Twitter: "Weapon balancing changes coming in December. Pulse Rifles coming down, Hand Cannons coming up, Shotguns coming in"

5de24e3a241d0c1586509ce5f3d6a092f19cf7bc.gif

Trying to get caught up on the news today, excited about how much info they dropped. I'll be down for some Banner trains in a bit if anybody is still rolling. Wanna knock out some daily bounties before reset.

nightstalker is my favorite subclass. it just feels great, its fun. i do think its super requires better decision making than the other subclasses' supers in pvp.

NStalker is a freakin blast. Tether takes more understanding than most supers. Too often people use it offensively like it's Golden Gun which doesn't work well. But it's the best defensive super in the game and excels at area control. You may not get tons of kills with it but if you can control heavy spawns and shut down some hammers then it's a huge boost to your team.

The super with the highest skill ceiling is still Arc Blade (insert fighting words here).

I detest shotguns so at least something is okay.

All the needed to do was get rid of the Feltwinter's type shotgun.

Changes:
Reduce starting damage falloff to match melee lunge ranges.
Low range stat falloff starts at standard melee lunge.
High range stat falloff starts at Blink Strike lunge.
Final damage falloff distance extends 0.5 meters longer for a smoother drop.
Slower ready/stow times for all shotguns.
Additional recoil across the entire Stability stat range.
Slower reload speed across the entire Reload stat range.
Slower time to Aim Down Sights for all shotguns.

Slower base movement speed when Shotguns are the active weapon (Walk, Run and Aim Down Sights. Sprint is unaffected.)
Add 2 frames delay when firing out of sprint.

Increase base damage against AI combatants to 1.6x (was 1.55x).

I mean...come on lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
KF Newbie Raid #4 down! Everyone did great. :)

It definitely is the most challenging of the three to run as a newbie raid, in part because more coordination is required but also because it can be tougher than the others to determine where a problem is. But also by far the most satisfying to complete. I finally got the Titan helm (the only armor piece on any class I cared about in this raid) on killing the big guy too so I'm happy.

Top Bottom