• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

PuMa

Hey PuMa, Aquatic Ape, Drizzay & others. Remember when I was trying to figure out what Titan Subclass to run for Trials? Well, I ordered a set of random buttons from Bungie and I think I got my answer directly from them now.

1jWElny.jpg

It's a sign!

(Now. To earn that emblem in-game...)

Hahah, awesome. Looks like they are sold out now or I'd order myself some!

Is it me or does it seem like exotic drops from NF are much lower than in Y1?

Also, the drop rate for ghosts is way to fucking high.

Kyoufu

Is that another raid matchmaking thread on the gaming side?

fire_community.gif

Yep

Why is it that those threads always turn into Destiny veterans crying about how raid matchmaking would make the game suddenly worse for them even though they'd never use it? It's getting so tiring.

I see all these posts about Fallout 4 being the savior of next week. It's most likely gonna be a 90+ metacritic game, but all of the Bethesda Elder Scrolls/Fallout games have been a massive disappointment for me since Morrowind. I have no hope that 4 will be any different. Just gonna keep slowly making my way through my replay of Trails in the Sky FC and then jump into SC, with destiny on the side.

Raid match making? Hell no. DestinyLFG is living proof of that. Fireteam match making? Aka a group of 3 matched with another group of 3... reasonable compromise.

Trials of Osiris was more fun than I expected, but I was running with chill people. I don't think I would enjoy it if teammates were getting all pissed off and raging. Sometimes you got to admit when the opposing team has their shit together and won legit. Not every death is a cheap one. I missed Y1 trials, but I really, really, really hope one day in the future the PR meta will end and hand cannons become more viable to enjoy trials with hand cannons. Hell, I'd even take ARs again at this point. Burst fire weapons are so lame.

Deku Tree

I see all these posts about Fallout 4 being the savior of next week. It's most likely gonna be a 90+ metacritic game, but all of the Bethesda Elder Scrolls/Fallout games have been a massive disappointment for me since Morrowind. I have no hope that 4 will be any different. Just gonna keep slowly making my way through my replay of Trails in the Sky FC and then jump into SC, with destiny on the side.

Have you been paying attention to review scores this gen? No big budget title is immune to reviewer criticism.

Oh wow, that's super cool.

Side Note. I need to order those engrams so I have something to take my rage out after Trials matches. Thanks for putting up with my salty-ness DGAF.

Good luck. They're sold out on the Bungie Store and people are selling them for $100 plus on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Destiny-Eng...Bungie-Foam-Stress-Relief-Balls-/171971564283

Luckily I was able to score some when they first went on sale a month or two ago when they were 19.99.

Kyne

Side Note. I need to order those engrams so I have something to take my rage out after Trials matches. Thanks for putting up with my salty-ness DGAF.

Good luck. They're sold out on the Bungie Store and people are selling them for $100 plus on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Destiny-Eng...Bungie-Foam-Stress-Relief-Balls-/171971564283

Luckily I was able to score some when they first went on sale a month or two ago when they were 19.99.

yeah, thankfully I picked them up too when they were available. Bungie said they are working on restocking so just sit tight until then.

Save some salt for this coming Friday! ToO round 2!

don't forget about IRON LAGGER. GET HYPE BOIZ.

E92 M3

Why is it that those threads always turn into Destiny veterans crying about how raid matchmaking would make the game suddenly worse for them even though they'd never use it? It's getting so tiring.

Raid mm would be a horrible idea. Randoms can barely complete a strike sometimes.

--

On a brighter note, I desperately need more vault space. The infusion system is making me hold on to more things than I'd like.

Bungie obviously adjusted the ghost drop rate from strikes once non-raiding people complained how badly ghosts are keeping them back.

Trust me, there are loads of players who don't raid at all.
I've gotten plenty of high 290s rare ghosts. If they aren't raiding > 300LL isn't even needed.

Right now you're almost guaranteed to get a ghost from at least of your NFs each week. The drop rate is too high, IMO.

Ah. Good to know!

Save some salt for this coming Friday! ToO round 2!

Haha. You know me to well. I'm working on being less salty about it. I've been too negative lately.

yeah, thankfully I picked them up too when they were available. Bungie said they are working on restocking so just sit tight until then.

don't forget about IRON LAGGER. GET HYPE BOIZ.

Cool beans!

did Bungie nerf the engram drop rate in Court of Oryx?

Played a few tier 1 and 2 runes earlier and I got like 2 engrams and couple of blue weapons.

MikeyMike

Raid mm would be a horrible idea. Randoms can barely complete a strike sometimes.

--

On a brighter note, I desperately need more vault space. The infusion system is making me hold on to more things than I'd like.

I'm ok with the implementation of MM for raids... don't want to waste your time with randoms? Don't use MM. Everyone is happy.

Shito

1. It's a valid concern that maybe Bungie would start designing its future raids around MM, or introduce a dumbed down MM difficulty that would benefit no one.
2. You can feel empathy for people that would have to suffer such a mode on the current version of the raids.

:)

I'm ok with the implementation of MM for raids... don't want to waste your time with randoms? Don't use MM. Everyone is happy.
If only things were that simple... ^^

Ghazi

If they wanted the game to roll atk/def values then they should've made drops guaranteed from each major boss. If not, then you can totally leave it up to RNG to drop you armor or weapons if they are at max value. The double RNG is just way too harsh for one raid a week per character.

ocean

Banned
1. It's a valid concern that maybe Bungie would start designing its future raids around MM, or introduce a dumbed down MM difficulty that would benefit no one.
2. You can feel empathy for people that would have to suffer such a mode on the current version of the raids.

:)

If only things were that simple... ^^
Actually a ton of people would benefit from an easier matchmade raid. None of us certainly, but many (probably most actually) of the player base would.

Kyne

If they wanted the game to roll atk/def values then they should've made drops guaranteed from each major boss. If not, then you can totally leave it up to RNG to drop you armor or weapons if they are at max value. The double RNG is just way too harsh for one raid a week per character.

The first RNG of whether or not you'll get something is alone really bad.

The second RNG for light needed to be tweaked ASAP and they didn't. Hard should not give 310 and Normal should not give 300.

If you have the first RNG, make it guaranteed max light like in previous raids.

If you're guaranteed a drop, then make light rng but still increase the minimum by 1 at least.

Really really bad atm.

Shito

Actually a ton of people would benefit from an easier matchmade raid. None of us certainly, but many (probably most actually) of the player base would.
In a game where Bungie couldn't even be arsed to make really different drops between NM and HM KF? ^^
For it to work, they would get to play a longer version of a strike, and end up feeling completely unimpressed by what they just played, not understanding the people telling them how cool the raids are. And they would get crappier rewards than what we already are getting, can you imagine that? ^^
It's a LOT of work for a "meh" result, in the current state of the game.

MikeyMike

I'm curious; have you ran King's Fall? Honest question here.

If people ask for MM... give it to them... if they bitch and moan about it afterwards it's their problem. They'll go back to LFG / Communities

PS : I've done HM several times... if you have decent communication and people with a minimum of self confidence it's really not that bad.

Kyoufu

The first RNG of whether or not you'll get something is alone really bad.

The second RNG for light needed to be tweaked ASAP and they didn't. Hard should not give 310 and Normal should not give 300.

If you have the first RNG, make it guaranteed max like in previous raids.

If you're guaranteed a drop, then make light rng but still increase the minimum by 1 at least.

Really really bad.

I guess Luke forgot to have a chat with the team about that. :(

Raid bosses should not give 300 stuff. I can get those in easier content like a blue engram or Nightfalls.

The whole 10 light level RNG thing on gear is just junk though. I don't understand Bungie at all.

Took one more shot at Trials super late last night.

Actually managed to pull off 9-2. What's dumb is somehow after we got our 9th win, we kept playing, and fucking rolled the next 5 or 6 games.

This was my fourth attempt at trials. The past 3 were 6-3, 6-3, and 6-3...

At least I got the Scout Rifle. 308 I think. I'll play with it for a while to see if I like it.

E92 M3

Yes but how does that make the game worse for you and me? The logic makes as much sense as the rewritten Destiny story.

Because after having a horrible experience those people will never return. No one will be happy. People already quit heroic strikes due to the effort required. I'd bet my whole Destiny account that raids - in their current form - cannot be properly enjoyed via MM. So many people will hate.

Will Bungie check for mic? Will Bungie implement strict light requirements? Will Bungie ban quitters? Will trolls ruin the experience?

Bungie doesn't want to half ass anything (theoretically) and putting in raid MM will be half-assing and just force them to make future raids casual friendly

MikeyMike

Because after having a horrible experience those people will never return. No one will be happy. People already quit heroic strikes due to the effort required. I'd bet my whole Destiny account that raids - in their current form - cannot be properly enjoyed via MM. So many people will hate.

Will Bungie check for mic? Will Bungie implement strict light requirements? Will Bungie ban quitters? Will trolls ruin the experience?

Bungie doesn't want to half ass anything (theoretically) and putting in raid MM will be half-assing and just force them to make future raids casual friendly

Good point. But one way or the other people will be disappointed... at least you give them more options with MM.

Kyoufu

I understand that concern, it certainly is a valid concern, however, speaking for myself here, I quit vanilla Destiny because I didn't have a raid group.

I'm willing to bet my GAF and PSN account that I wasn't the only one to do that.

Shito

We should just cut corners with this raid MM discussion and skip directly to the part where we all agree that they should add some kind of LFG system in-game instead, and we all start dancing naked around a fire as the sign of our renewed communion... :)

Kyoufu

We should just cut corners with this raid MM discussion and skip directly to the part where we all agree that they should add some kind of LFG system in-game instead, and we all start dancing naked around a fire as the sign of our renewed communion... :)

That was what I proposed. It'd definitely be the best way to do it, but the notion that more options becoming a bad thing is one that I can't get behind.

Anyway, I'm probably not raiding today. No desire at all.

E92 M3

Good point. But one way or the other people will be disappointed... at least you give them more options with MM.

I understand that concern, it certainly is a valid concern, however, speaking for myself here, I quit vanilla Destiny because I didn't have a raid group.

I'm willing to bet my GAF and PSN account that I wasn't the only one to do that.

Address both of your points: I believe it's better to not do something than half-ass it. It needs to be done right or not at all. That is my opinion. I'm sure people quit, but that doesn't really matter because Bungie didn't compromise their vision for the raids. All it takes is one person to make a boss fight go from 10 minutes to 3 hours.

An in game LFG would do wonders, though.

Top Bottom