• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Yeah. I think folks loving the new Hawkmoon haven't gotten a Peril or Eyas with Rifled or Reinforced. Because I still think it's worse than either of those latter two rolls.

Yup. I'll play with it a little but it looks like I'll be sticking with my Eyasluna for the time being.

I didn't get anything from the postmaster. Anybody else having that problem?

Yup. I had stuff already in my postmaster, I think that might be the issue.

If it is, thanks for the heads up on that Bungie...

edit: try logging into another character, see reports on Reddit that it might work that way.

Range on Hawkmoon is still significantly less than most legendaries with rifled or reinforced barrels. :(

What's the range stat on a well-rolled legendary with a range perk?

First Curse is 41. Hawkmoon is 42 (but I'm not sure if that's new or old).

(For reference, PDX-45 ranges between 46-58, MIDA is 58 while SUROS is 61(really?) and Jade Rabbit is a staggering 89 & TLW is 8, lol)

Hahaha the weapon you get from beating Variks' quest is pretty sick.

cnvbrqm63ox0sgmitrtd.jpg
Does it do anything special?

LTWood12

(For reference, PDX-45 ranges between 46-58, MIDA is 58 while SUROS is 61(really?) and Jade Rabbit is a staggering 89 & TLW is 8, lol)

Range on my Eyasluna w/ Rifled Barrel is 62 I believe.

Tri4

All my blue and legendary engrams decrypted at sub 295 light. I thought we would only get gear higher light than what we are? I'm only 312 :(

I just like the handling of Hawkmoon, plus that sweet noise it makes

I really like the feel of it too. It also has the best sights on any handcannon imo.

I'm not sure what the stats are, but comparing the Hawkmoon with Eyasluna and Finalla's the base range is all the same or very close. It's just that hammer forged sucks and should be switched with send it. I'm not sure that you can compare across classes of weapons when it comes to range stats but if Mida is 58 then it looks like my Eyasluna is 59 with reinforced barrel. The damage drop off is dramatically different though obviously.

LifEndz

Was home late enough to download the update, hop into the Reef and grab quests and bounties.

The update splash page upon boot mentions three major areas update, one of which is Eververse. Okay, good to know.

The first tool tip to open when arriving at the Reef is to visit Eververse.

The post master has a goodie box, a weekly gift of something that is also sold at Eververse.

There's a kiosk added to the Reef for Eververse, and a beacon directing me there. The beacon does not go away after going into and out of the shop menu repeatedly.

The gift box dismantles into chroma, which is a consumable shader rather than a permanent one so they can sell refills at Eververse.

I'm excited about this update, and will romp through it tonight. But the time when the monetization of Destiny was non-intrusive has passed.

Wow...as if they weren't making a boat load off of eververse before. Sounds like we're an update away from eververse billboards displayed in pvp maps.

Top Bottom