• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

dudes, none of the engrams I decrypted last night were even close to higher light level than what I already have.

Wasn't smart loot supposed to be improved or is that only through the content that is advertised to drop up to 330-335 LL?

To quote the patch notes:

Legendary and Exotic drops from many (not all) sources now attempt (not guarantee) to drop with Attack or Defense greater than your current character light level​

That's for drops only. Engrams aside from Exotics don't do this:

- Legendary Engrams max Light increased to 310
- Rare Engrams max Light increased to 310​

Acidote

313 is actually high enough. Use telesto or a combination of truth + void sniper.
1 can run one with you tomorrow if you still need it.

I'll try to find two people to do one now, but I'll need people tomorrow too for the alters.

So, looking for 2 people for the Nightfall.

Mindlog

PSN is same as GAF - Mindlog
If anyone needs one for NF let me know...I see a few requests not sure if they all got filled.
I'm at the boss now. Was distracted and made it all the way here.
Two spots available I think.
I think there are two teams worth of people. I don't know.

gspec

dudes, none of the engrams I decrypted last night were even close to higher light level than what I already have.

Wasn't smart loot supposed to be improved or is that only through the content that is advertised to drop up to 330-335 LL?

Only from vanguard, crucible, house of judgement, strike specific gear, trials of orisis, iron banner, weekly crucible and faction packages

So I took Monday through Wednesday off this week for dark souls, Destiny and division. All I really played was destiny Hahaha. And today, I woke up at 2pm -_- #DayWasted

I might be down for a nightfall or challenge or even raid from Totems or golgy.

Not sure, I think it's 1 pm PST.... It's 75 minutes from the time of this post.

Ah ok. I think 10 cet is 2 PST but either way I don't get off work till 1 PST so earliest I would be home by is 1:30 pst. I don't want to hold you guys up so someone can take my spot.

Dthomp

Anybody looking to raid? NM or HM I don't really care, just want to have fun and get some useful infusion mats since I'm stuck around the 310-314 range so even some NM drops would most likely be helpful, (or at least I have no problem helping out with people who are new or only done it a few times...don't really care)

Mindlog

Nightfall is actually kind of an easy solo except that I always forget about those stupid tracking orbs. Thanks for the save on that one.

17 Strange coins.
I'm sure that will be useful for something.

Nightfall is actually kind of an easy solo except that I always forget about those stupid tracking orbs. Thanks for the save on that one.

Yeah, the tunnel is a great place to hunker down until he tosses those out, especially if you don't have eyes at both openings to see where they're coming from.

Mindlog

ah sorry about that...got into one before I saw your msg
NP at all.
Yeah, the tunnel is a great place to hunker down until he tosses those out, especially if you don't have eyes at both openings to see where they're coming from.
I actually head them coming both times they killed me it just never registered that I should move.
Thanks, anybody want to run some Challenge of the elders? I don't think there's anyone raiding at the moment.
I can run that. Mic still doesn't wok, but it's basically get headshots and assists right? That's easy enough.

Late reply :]

Anyone want to group up for Challenge of Elders at 6 PM EST (2 hours from now)? I should be off work and done with dinner by then. Would like to run it until we get the 90K, so 2 or 3 runs.

1) Dr_Cop
2)
3)

My favorite part of this update. I can stop fussing over a million different pulse rifles and just buy that one now. If I decide to play PvP again it's there.

Yea, I'm actually glad I ACCIDENTALLY selected the wrong first node which didn't have as much stability and range and I tested it like that for a game and I said ehhh... it's not that good. Once I switched that node O_O it's pretty awesome.

Xplicitone - that looks like an awesome Swarm! I got a void one early in year 1 as one of my first legendaries for dealing with minotaurs and it was awesome!

I got a shadow price with handlaid stock and counterbalance - I assume that's good for PvP with that much stability?

In terms of heavies - I would try to get a raid machine gun, or any of the slower firing higher impact ones. RL's are only useful for PvP and maybe the prison of E.

Is anyone still playing on Xbox and want to do challenge mode in around 6 hours!?

That sounds like a pretty good Shadow Price. Picture!

That's got nothing on the one I just got:

hahahaha that like a sprinkler

LTWood12

Magik and LT, newfound powers are now yours.

Anyone up for Court or challenge in about 30?

First off I want to let all our sexy clan mates know that you'll continue to see the same quality clan tag on your guardian for the forseeable future. We have no plans to alter our day to day operations.

I'd like to thank T-44 for his long friendship in the Sexy Clan and our long lasting friendship. I'd also like to thank Kadey for continuing to invite me to crucible trains even though I'm usually on Vita, or bailing mid match to put a kid back to sleep.

To quote the patch notes:

Legendary and Exotic drops from many (not all) sources now attempt (not guarantee) to drop with Attack or Defense greater than your current character light level​

That's for drops only. Engrams aside from Exotics don't do this:

- Legendary Engrams max Light increased to 310
- Rare Engrams max Light increased to 310​

Okay cool. Thanks for clearing that up guys.

What is the consensus on a good pvp auto rifle that isn't Suros Regime?

I got a Grim Citizen III (grave robber, perfect balance/smallbore, and glass half full) last night but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Could one consider this a decent alternative until one can rng into a SR?

Hate to say it, but Thorn still feels way better than Hawkmoon. I just don't feel as dirty using Thorn now.

Now I'm over first day hype, it's not that great. Mida/Pulse/Shotgun - TLW/Sniper is still king

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with how little (if any) crucible has changed, snipers and sunsingers are the same, lag and worldwide match making is still the denominator. If they don't update it between now and the expansion it will die out

I haven't tried any AR's as they're probably the most mind numbingly boring weapons to use

Edit new map rotation is non existent as well, so far I've played cauldron

Quick question, I was playing a match of mayhem and in the kill feed it said one of my teammates were taken. What does it mean by he was taken?

Top Bottom