• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

LTWood12

Now I'm over first day hype, it's not that great. Mida/Pulse/Shotgun - TLW/Sniper is still king

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with how little (if any) crucible has changed, snipers and sunsingers are the same, lag and worldwide match making is still the denominator. If they don't update it between now and the expansion it will die out

I haven't tried any AR's as they're probably the most mind numbingly boring weapons to use

Edit new map rotation is non existent as well, so far I've played cauldron

On Vita, across town, I went 1.16 in a control match w/ Focus Fire Regime.

On Vita, across town, I went 1.16 in a control match w/ Focus Fire Regime.

Opposite for me last and this morning. Both matches were MIDA and Pulse Rifles. The Suros couldn't keep up at all. I tried both. Prior to the update the Spinning Up could beat a Doctrine's Persistence. I was getting smoked by one in Trials every single time. Since the update I keep getting outclassed.

I might try it again if it's got the LT seal of approval :)

LTWood12

Opposite for me last and this morning. Both matches were MIDA and Pulse Rifles. The Suros couldn't keep up at all. I tried both. Prior to the update the Spinning Up could beat a Doctrine's Persistence. I was getting smoked by one in Trials every single time. Since the update I keep getting outclassed.

I might try it again if it's got the LT seal of approval :)

Trust my 1200 ELO and pay no mind to my season 1 ELO.

The range w/ FF now is ridiculous. People don't expect you to be able to kill them from Scout Range, but you do.

Trials has definitely been getting harder. This is a graph of the ratio of (Accounts Flawless)/(Accounts Playing) per week:

Cf8NZHAUkAAJ4XU.jpg

Trust my 1200 ELO and pay no mind to my season 1 ELO.

The range w/ FF now is ridiculous. People don't expect you to be able to kill them from Scout Range, but you do.

Are you holding down the trigger or using it as a Scout?

Trials has definitely been getting harder. This is a graph of the ratio of (Accounts Flawless)/(Accounts Playing) per week:

Cf8NZHAUkAAJ4XU.jpg

Nice! That makes getting to Mercury all the sweeter. I hope we get a nice bump of good, casual, and pro players.

SgtCobra

I can't see the Suros Regime become part of the new meta, hell no. It's not really that good as I thought it would be, it loses a lot from mid/low rate of fire pulses (with good rolls of course) and scouts dominate it from farther ranges.
Low rate of fire auto rifles in general are still not competitive enough imo, and I say that as someone who used the Vanquisher and Grim Citizen III religiously back in the days.

The 1000 Yard Stare is still the best secondary in the game hah..

Also, what was all that hype about in regards to the DIS-47? I've used it for some matches now and I really don't think it's anything special?

LifEndz

I can't see the Suros Regime become part of the new meta, hell no. It's not really that good as I thought it would be, it loses a lot from mid/low rate of fire pulses (with good rolls of course) and scouts dominate it from farther ranges.
Low rate of fire auto rifles in general are still not competitive enough imo, and I say that as someone who used the Vanquisher and Grim Citizen III religiously back in the days.

The 1000 Yard Stare is still the best secondary in the game hah..

Also, what was all that hype about in regards to the DIS-47? I've used it for some matches now and I really don't think it's anything special?

I tried Suros last night thinking it'd be something like what it was early after release and it fell way short. Guess I have to suck it up and play trials for this doctrine everyone's raving about.

X-Frame

Now I'm over first day hype, it's not that great. Mida/Pulse/Shotgun - TLW/Sniper is still king

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with how little (if any) crucible has changed, snipers and sunsingers are the same, lag and worldwide match making is still the denominator. If they don't update it between now and the expansion it will die out

I haven't tried any AR's as they're probably the most mind numbingly boring weapons to use

Edit new map rotation is non existent as well, so far I've played cauldron

I also can't get into AR's or PR's anymore -- the PR "meta" of 2.0 was incredibly boring to me. I seem to only enjoy HC's and MIDA.

As far as Hawkmoon, I do think it's definitely better than it was, but it's still not *there* yet. When 2.1 launched Jon W said that when they un-nerfed the HC Accuracy, Hawkmoon soared above all other weapons which is what prompted them to cut 20 Range. Now that they gave 10 back, I still don't see how giving back the full 20 (another 10) would be game-breaking.

Thorn even using Aggressive Ballistics, which is half of Hawkmoon's Stability, still feels more consistent and reliable than Hawkmoon. There are much less phantom bullets with Thorn still and that higher Range stat and RoF is likely why.

NP at all.

I actually head them coming both times they killed me it just never registered that I should move.

I can run that. Mic still doesn't wok, but it's basically get headshots and assists right? That's easy enough.

Late reply :]

My bad just saw your response, we're just farming for loot. Not the score, I've gotten a 332 queen breakers bow and 334,335 ghosts from running this. Plus it only takes about 6 minutes. Join the party, KeanBurke

PSA: all the token from Variks (judgement, flight, etc) are worth 60 rep towards his faction. They used to be 12. If you are sitting on a bunch, now is a good time to get rep from him and the sweet sweet packages.

I don't know if I can agree with that assessment. There are a lot of 'just looking to complete the bounties' posts.

It's like trying to price an item on eBay though. People might list something at $10 but are people actually selling? It took 15 minutes to get a group together to do a chill trials run this past weekend on r/fireteams.

I don't know if I can agree with that assessment. There are a lot of 'just looking to complete the bounties' posts.

Elaborate on that? Wouldn't bounty players remain constant? Or even drop off, thus making the point true that Trials is getting sweatier?

I've had a god roll DIS-47 full auto, max stability since December. It's a good, solid gun. The kill time is a bit high, but it's very forgiving if you can drag the fight out. If you can force a missed pulse bullet (not even full burst), it's pretty easy to clean up. However, because of the higher kill time, it gives people time to escape more often than I like. It rewards a player who can control engagements.

Bottom line: really good fun gun for anything outside of real try hard situations.

I also can't get into AR's or PR's anymore -- the PR "meta" of 2.0 was incredibly boring to me. I seem to only enjoy HC's and MIDA.

As far as Hawkmoon, I do think it's definitely better than it was, but it's still not *there* yet. When 2.1 launched Jon W said that when they un-nerfed the HC Accuracy, Hawkmoon soared above all other weapons which is what prompted them to cut 20 Range. Now that they gave 10 back, I still don't see how giving back the full 20 (another 10) would be game-breaking.

Thorn even using Aggressive Ballistics, which is half of Hawkmoon's Stability, still feels more consistent and reliable than Hawkmoon. There are much less phantom bullets with Thorn still and that higher Range stat and RoF is likely why.

I haven't tried Thorn post patch but will give it a whirl tomorrow. I'm finding with Hawkmoon you've really got to line up/slowly pace your shots. Sadly I don't think i'll be using it much

My bad just saw your response, we're just farming for loot. Not the score, I've gotten a 332 queen breakers bow and 334,335 ghosts from running this. Plus it only takes about 6 minutes. Join the party, KeanBurke

Whats this? Do you just blast through the challenge mode killing the bosses straight away?

LTWood12

I haven't tried Thorn post patch but will give it a whirl tomorrow. I'm finding with Hawkmoon you've really got to line up/slowly pace your shots. Sadly I don't think i'll be using it much

Used both Hawkmoon (range of 47), and Eyasluna (range of 62) in King's Fall last night. Eyasluna still feels so much better. Not a single phantom bullet. But those 3 LitC rounds from Hawkmoon are da GOAT for anything close to mid range. When running middle bubbles i switched to Hawkmoon (from Malice) for the shade and was cleaning up.

It's definitely better than it was, but still not back to it's former glory.

Axoman

To back up John, check this out. Look at how the number of unique accounts dropped throughout the weeks. I attribute that to the loss of more casuals each week and only the better players staying around

tjuCOLd.png

phen0m24

lol check your PMs again. I promise it's not a fake out this time :p

Nah, don't sweat the FOMO. The new end game leveling system is so much better that everybody will be getting up towards max light before long, even if playing much more casually. A few raids, a few nightfalls, a few PoEs and it'll all start adding up.

I still want to try the Incursions at least once. Probably gonna wait til after DS3 though.

Drizz DS on PS? I ordered it today. Why not. Lol
Grabs Drizz and Rawr

:)

Okay, new farming technique. Get in on it before Bungie realizes what's going on:

3 man Challenge of Elders. Don't go for points. I recommend 1 Weapons of Light and 1 Tether. A second tether is even more helpful.

Myself, JP, and Keanburke were doing them in about 6 minutes with no deaths.

First boss can be killed with no supers easy. Everyone just stay near the start and avoid the lock on as needed.

Second boss go to the far right side and drop weapons after you kill the first wave of adds. Boss can be killed before Bubble despawns.

Third boss: kill first wave of adds on the left to get bubble rechaged while hunters attack boss. Drop bubble. Bubble should create enough orbs for tethers. Down boss before he teleports if possible. If he teleports, clean up adds for super energy and wait for him to come back to center.

Defender should have "Bubble creates orbs when it takes damage" and "Increases effectiveness of Weapons of Light"

Our lowest score was about 8900. Note that 3000 of that is bosses. Probably another 1000 of that is Orb creation.

-----------------------------------

In other news, Challenge of Elders is totally solo-able, and should be pretty fun for players that like that extra challenge. Just like Year 1 Nightfalls. Because adds come out based around boss's health, it's totally manageable.

As someone that has gone flawless for every week of year 2 and has tried to and done many carries, his assessment is absolutely correct in my experience.

Okay, new farming technique. Get in on it before Bungie realizes what's going on:

3 man Challenge of Elders. Don't go for points. I recommend 1 Weapons of Light and 1 Tether. A second tether is even more helpful.

Myself, JP, and Keanburke were doing them in about 6 minutes with no deaths.

First boss can be killed with no supers easy. Everyone just stay near the start and avoid the lock on as needed.

Second boss go to the far right side and drop weapons after you kill the first wave of adds. Boss can be killed before Bubble despawns.

Third boss: kill first wave of adds on the left to get bubble rechaged while hunters attack boss. Drop bubble. Bubble should create enough orbs for tethers. Down boss before he teleports if possible. If he teleports, clean up adds for super energy and wait for him to come back to center.

Defender should have "Bubble creates orbs when it takes damage" and "Increases effectiveness of Weapons of Light"

Our lowest score was about 8900. Note that 3000 of that is bosses. Probably another 1000 of that is Orb creation.

-----------------------------------

In other news, Challenge of Elders is totally solo-able, and should be pretty fun for players that like that extra challenge. Just like Year 1 Nightfalls. Because adds come out based around boss's health, it's totally manageable.

Do you get rewards for beating the challenge? Thought it was just for the point card. Do you get chroma rewards from beating challenge itself?

Do you get rewards for beating the challenge? Thought it was just for the point card. Do you get chroma rewards from beating challenge itself?

Yes.

Challenge of Elders drops Ghosts, Class items, and House of Wolves exotics very regularly. I'd say you get 1 drop 80% of the time, and 20% of the time, that drop is an exotic.

Plus, each boss works with 3 of coins.

In 7 runs we saw collectively
  • 4 Ghosts
  • 3 Lord of Wolves
  • 1 Queensbreaker Bow
  • 1 Dreg's Promise
  • 7 Exotic engrams
  • 4 class items

Plus tons of various legendary engrams.

What exactly are you farming though? End-game rewards are limited to ghost, class item and the 3 HoW exotic weapons afaik.

3 of coins usage, plus sublime engrams.

You get really high light level gear.

yeah but nobody cares about that, it's about styyyyyle. If it ain't got style, it ain't worth it.

Yes.

Challenge of Elders drops Ghosts, Class items, and House of Wolves exotics very regularly. I'd say you get 1 drop 80% of the time, and 20% of the time, that drop is an exotic.

• 4 Ghosts
  • 3 Lord of Wolves
  • 1 Queensbreaker Bow
  • 1 Dreg's Promise
  • 7 Exotic engrams
  • 4 class items

itneresting

While is more incentive to play for bounties which has led to more pick up groups playing it's countered by card matching matchmaking. It doesn't matter how many people are doing bounty runs since you'll beat them in early rounds and get marched with super sweaty opponents for wins 7-9 which is where the decrease in Mercury teams is coming from. That's the way I look at it anyways.

This past weekend I went to Mercury twice, and on my third, we were 8-0, then ran into two streamers in a row that were boosting folks. That's all it is on the 8-0 games it seems...

phen0m24

Yes.

• 4 Ghosts
  • 3 Lord of Wolves
  • 1 Queensbreaker Bow
  • 1 Dreg's Promise
  • 7 Exotic engrams
  • 4 class items

Plus tons of various legendary engrams.

3 of coins usage, plus sublime engrams.

Kor you still streaming?

People will never ever learn to NOT cap A when we have B and C (Esp. on Shores of Time). Like never.

I take back what I said about Solo PvP. It's fun at times. After we triple capped, they ended up flipping spawns and triple capping us, making us spawn all over the place and I would get spawn killed a few times in a row. That shit aint fun.

Kor you still streaming?

Nah, I just wrapped up about 30 minutes ago.

People will never ever learn to NOT cap A when we have B and C (Esp. on Shores of Time). Like never.

I take back what I said about Solo PvP. It's fun at times. After we triple capped, they ended up flipping spawns and triple capping us, making us spawn all over the place and I would get spawn killed a few times in a row. That shit aint fun.

It's hard. It is very instinctual behavior that you are having to choose to ignore.

Because the other team is going to push, and you are going to spawn near their flag at some point. Every instinct you have tells you to take it from them. funny enough, on symmetrical maps, this wouldn't be a bad thing to do. Notice how on Bannerfall, Cauldron, or Pantheon, swapping spawns is perfectly fine. It's only asymmetric maps that this becomes a problem. Because Bungie has a hard time making balanced asymmetric maps.

12ghru.jpg

Seriously, anyone? I have like 18 uncharged antiquated and only 2 stolen. Will be on later tonight trying to charge some if anyone's game.

You can always buy them from Eris if you have bunch of black wax idols. Her rank up package can also give out stolen runes.

I do have a ton of charged stolen and antiquated runes though, so if I'm online when you log on, send me an invite.

LTWood12

But that flag is red and I want it to be blue!

Top Bottom