• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I was expecting more pictures since there is a no hud option. Dissapointed.

We're busy chasing level progression, since it comes in at a slow and steady pace now guaranteed.

Give it a week.

Also, need to find a good weapon that is barely visible during the rest animation.

You can always buy them from Eris if you have bunch of black wax idols. Her rank up package can also give out stolen runes.

I do have a ton of charged stolen and antiquated runes though, so if I'm online when you log on, send me an invite.

That's right, totally blanked out on them being available from her. I think I have a bunch of black wax idols as well. I'll hit you up when I get online if I see you.

Nah, I just wrapped up about 30 minutes ago.

It's hard. It is very instinctual behavior that you are having to choose to ignore.

Because the other team is going to push, and you are going to spawn near their flag at some point. Every instinct you have tells you to take it from them. funny enough, on symmetrical maps, this wouldn't be a bad thing to do. Notice how on Bannerfall, Cauldron, or Pantheon, swapping spawns is perfectly fine. It's only asymmetric maps that this becomes a problem. Because Bungie has a hard time making balanced asymmetric maps.

Yea, Alpha or Bravo team wouldn't matter for symmetrical maps at all but it can make a difference in others.

WeTeHa

Yes.

Challenge of Elders drops Ghosts, Class items, and House of Wolves exotics very regularly. I'd say you get 1 drop 80% of the time, and 20% of the time, that drop is an exotic.

I did 9 challenge runs and got 3 ghosts, nothing else. Guy I was playing with got 4 exotics in a row. Looks like I lost my loot stealing powers.

Agent

I can get up to 316/317 on most of my characters. Would that be enough to do Challenge of Elders or would I be biting off too much?

Also, I'm gathering Nightfall's are semi worthwhile again based on everyone wanting to do them. Is it back to the old days of actually being semi-worthwhile to do?

I'm a bit lost after not playing for the last 3 months.

Yea, Alpha or Bravo team wouldn't matter for symmetrical maps at all but it can make a difference in others.

You can always tell the more balanced maps when you have people actively argue about which points to hold.

For instance, I believe B and C is the best on Rusted lands, but I've had a lot of people argue with me that A and B is better. I've tried it there way, and while I admit it seems to work, it still isn't my preferred method.

• Twilight Gap (A and B)
  • Rusted Lands (C and B)
  • Exodus Blue (A and B)
  • Widow's Court (A and C)
  • Firebase Delphi (A and B)
  • Blind Watch (C and B)
  • Time Keeper (A and C)
  • First Light (C and B)
  • Anomoly (C and B)
  • Burning Shrine (C and B)
  • Shores of Time (C and B)

Everything else I think is fairly balanced, as far as control goes:
  • Skyshock
  • Bannerfall
  • Frontier
  • Memento
  • Sector 618
  • Bastion
  • Pantheon
  • Vertigo
  • Black Shield
  • Asylum
  • Thieves' Den
  • Drifter
  • Dungeons
  • Cathedral

I did 9 challenge runs and got 3 ghosts, nothing else. Guy I was playing with got 4 exotics in a row. Looks like I lost my loot stealing powers.

I got super lucky and got a double exotic engram from a 3oC from the 2nd boss in CoE.

WeTeHa

I can get up to 316/317 on most of my characters. Would that be enough to do Challenge of Elders or would I be biting off too much?

Also, I'm gathering Nightfall's are semi worthwhile again based on everyone wanting to do them. Is it back to the old days of actually being semi-worthwhile to do?

The challenge is pretty easy this week because of the modifiers, 316 is definitely enough.

Mindlog

Hopping on for the CoE.
As someone that has gone flawless for every week of year 2 and has tried to and done many carries, his assessment is absolutely correct in my experience.
Seems to be the consensus. My reluctance to jump on the Bungie charts probably comes from the same place that keeps Suros fairly useless,
New POE much easier than old POE? Was expecting a real challenge.
Significantly easier.

316-317 is fine, especially if the rest of your team is a bit higher. Ultimately as long as you aren't trying for the High Score then there's no pressure at all. Take as much time as needed to clear it, and at the very least you'll get rewards from beating it and from grinding up to 90k cumulative score. Honestly the high score isn't that demanding if you pay attention to the precision kill modifier, so I'm sure you could get that done as well.

Can't comment on NFalls since I haven't done any.

Also, super lame that House of Wolves exotic blueprints didn't give us Year 2 versions...

Do we know if that was intentional or not?

Can't comment on NFalls since I haven't done any.

JP and I 2-manned it yesterday. Bring a Telesto and you can probably solo it around 316+.

Get ready for some trial and error though. Mostly during the boss fight since he has a few change ups when his health gets lower.

People will never ever learn to NOT cap A when we have B and C (Esp. on Shores of Time). Like never.

I take back what I said about Solo PvP. It's fun at times. After we triple capped, they ended up flipping spawns and triple capping us, making us spawn all over the place and I would get spawn killed a few times in a row. That shit aint fun.

Tell me about it. I tried to get people to play smart, in a six man team, during Iron Banner while we were on a losing streak. I basically got told I was stupid and that is the boring way to play. Next round I stayed back near our spawn attempting to prevent enemy spawn and yelled like hell when people tried taking A. Eventually my teammates fucked it up and I started spawning all over but I ended up top of the team in points and going 4.2 (could have been 7) and we easily won the round despite having played the same team for a third time. People don't understand the importance of map control.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ooooooo.

5rVGc2d.png

Unflinching, quickdraw, snapshot, Wildhawk and ambush.

Need a group for one run of challenge. Join on me.

Anyone want to group up for Challenge of Elders at 6 PM EST (2 hours from now)? I should be off work and done with dinner by then. Would like to run it until we get the 90K, so 2 or 3 runs.

1) Dr_Cop
2) Mindlog
3)

Cool, I sent you a FR. I think we need one more, but I haven't kept up with the thread.

FyreWulff

sometimes i can't blame people for capping the third point. Like back in Halo I would mathematically explain to people that just holding x of y points in Control or KotH guarantees victory.. but just holding those and guarding them is too much concentration or boring, so they want to spruce it up by going for the rest.

I love objectives but won't lie that playing them points perfect can be some dry as fuck play

Agent

Trying to solo CoE and I made it to Round 2; which doesn't seem that bad at all either. Anyone want to teamup and do a few runs to try and get the bounties/loot?

PSN: phantom8324

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good run Mind and Cop.

So if you completed the weekly bounties and the elder sigil, no real point in running POE again for the week?

stay gold

Maybe its placebo effect. But Hawkmoon feels so much better and its not only the range stat.

TripleWreck was saying he was certain TLW had better ads hit registration earlier.

I've only used Hawkmoon since the update but i've had no issue hitting all my shots at max rate of fire. Seems unlikely they would tweak bloom and not mention it, but who knows.

Good run Mind and Cop.

So if you completed the weekly bounties and the elder sigil, no real point in running POE again for the week?
The PoE challenge keeps dropping loot and it's the only place to get the year 2 PoE exotics. I ended up with 3 Lord of Wolves and 2 Dregs after running it a bunch.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Where are you getting all these weapon drops?

Variks. So far got the pulse, scout, sniper and handcannon. I thought Kell armor was all garbage looking cept for the warlock stuff so if I get any it's infusion material.

Can you do elder sigil and get the rewards for each character or is it a one account thing only? And I completed pretty much everything on my Titan for POE and I don't see any sterling box.

Variks. So far got the pulse, scout, sniper and handcannon. I thought Kell armor was all garbage looking cept for the warlock stuff so if I get any it's infusion material.

Can you do elder sigil and get the rewards for each character or is it a one account thing only? And I completed pretty much everything on my Titan for POE and I don't see any sterling box.

each character.

PROTIP:

Always look in your postmaster prior to turning in bounties/quests especially PoE stuff! I didn't see I had a primary and class item in my postmaster that boosted my light by 1 and I had just turned in Varik's weekly for armor piece. -_-

2 things that are stupid:
1) When you turn in an engram and it decrypts to a higher class (blue into legendary or legendary into exotic), the light values are smaller. That's disgusting logic.
2) Legendary Class Item still decrypted into something < 300... huh?

Top Bottom