• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

X-Frame

Do you get a Queen's weapon every single time you complete the Level 42 CoE? How are people getting so many weapons? I thought it was 1 per week, per character for getting a high score?

Switching to Lock after this Nami~ No malok helm qq

STRANGE COINS FOR ME
STRANGE COINS FOR KNIGHT

NAMI GETS THE GOOD SHIT LIKE A 326 EXOTIC AND SOMETHING EVERVERSE

border

I have to say, that I feel really weirdly locked out of this update.....or at least part of it. I stopped playing around November, with all of my characters at 307-308.

I had a fun afternoon doing the new quests and the new strike -- but now I need to get all the way to 320 to be effective at both the Nightfall and Challenge of Elders. Which basically means I just have to spend forever grinding away and hoping I get a ton of Legendary drops with 320 or greater Armor/Defense. Which essentially means grinding away for quite some time with every single character I have. Not really the experience I was looking for. So far the only 320 item I've obtained is the sword from the Malok quest.....it's been like pulling teeth to get anything over 312 really.

I don't understand the purpose of bumping up the Light requirement for Nightfall/CoE so high that only people who went deep into TTK's endgame can enjoy those activities right away.

Agent

Solo'ed my way up to the Nightfall boss if anyone wants to join (and probably steal my loot).

PSN: phantom8324

Edit: full

ocean

Banned
Do you get a Queen's weapon every single time you complete the Level 42 CoE? How are people getting so many weapons? I thought it was 1 per week, per character for getting a high score?
Not every time. But drop rate seems to be good.

I've run 3 PoE challenges. In those 3 runs I saw 2 PoE exotics drop (one for me and one for Wiped).

Dthomp

Did the higher rate of fire Pulse rifles take a hit? Cause I thought I was playing pretty well with my Hawksaw before the update and can't kill shit with it now :/

ocean

Banned
Did the higher rate of fire Pulse rifles take a hit? Cause I thought I was playing pretty well with my Hawksaw before the update and can't kill shit with it now :/
I don't think that archetype was touched at all. The current roll of the vendor Hawksaw will very likely be the new "most popular" gun in town.

stay gold

No, I think the game is just laggy as shit right now. My shotgun apparently needs to be touching the enemies chest to get a kill tonight.

Kyne

We're trying to get my friend the black spindle.. but the alternate route part of the daily isn't activating. The timer never started. Is this a known glitch? Did we do something wrong?

Dthomp

So what happened to crucible drops being better? I've been in here a couple of hours doing weekly bounties and nothing but like 270s blue shit across the board with the occasional purple engram.

probably beating a dead horse at this point but this update feels like it was done with the barest minimum of effort

re-used maps, re-used gear, re-used guns

the new infusion is unquestionably great though

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Two open spots in the newbie VoG raid if anyone wants to help out. One of ours got called into work at the last minute.

ocean

Banned
Any list of all the new weapons and armor in the update? really intrested to see what stuff from year one made the jump.
Basically every Y1 Exotic has a Y2 version except: Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, Pocket Infinity and Thorn. I believe every armor piece and every other weapon has made the leap.

There's also a new PS exclusive Exotic weapon: the Zen Mereor sniper. No signs of new exotic armor despite the data leaked armor pieces which we hoped would finally turn up.

There's some Y1 Legendaries which can now drop from vendor Rank Up packages: The Comedian, The Swarm, Zombie Apocalypse, LDR 5001, Longbow Synthesis, Saterienne Rapier, The Devil You Know, Shadow Price, Grim Citizen and maybe one or two others I can't recall.

Vendor stock has new rolls. Notable items include: FWC Fusion Rifle, Crucible Pulse Rifle, NM Shotgun.

With the nerf to revive shields, lower (but not lowest) impact snipers are now viable since they can res snipe in 3s. This means quicker shooting, snappy Snipers like Glads Promonotry are now viable - that one is basically a perfect roll guaranteed so expect to see more of it. If you don't have one, play Trials and try to get one.

PoE drops new Queen's Legendaries from Challenge completion but none of it looks amazing, probably just infusion fodder.

Max Grimoire went up, too: 1 new ghost, plus the new bosses/encounters. Not a big jump.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Titan at 330. Hunter at 333. Everybody who is playing now regularly should have everyone at 335 no later than the next two weeks.

Anyone up for POE in a little while? POE 41 and then the challenges.

Top Bottom