• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Ape, Igor. It's been too long. Tomorrow!

QsOdVfX.gif

(I made dis)

I know lighthouse gear can drop up to 335 but what about the Gold package etc? I'm not good enough for lighthouse but might do the bounties etc if it's worthwhile.

Frenden

Banned
Is the Zombie Apocalypse archetype any good for PvP (slightly less impact than BTRD, looks like it might be similar to SGA)? I never tried one Y1 to know.

While I'm glad the April update is here...I really hope Bungie announces Destiny 2 soon. And that it's releasing this year. Will post more thoughts tomorrow.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Dez_

Good games lads, sorry Dream for scrubbing it up to the max.

Don't tell Pandora
that Tyler got more 335 gear. Oh and about me scrubbing it up, I'm rusty.

Good games. Thanks to everyone here, I finally got my first Oryx HM kill! Glad to finally get some high LL primaries for a change. Got the raid auto rifle with half glass full. Even with the stability buff, I'm not sure if I want to keep it.

Good games. Thanks to everyone here, I finally got my first Oryx HM kill! Glad to finally get some high LL primaries for a change. Got the raid auto rifle with half glass full. Even with the stability buff, I'm not sure if I want to keep it.

Yeah I wouldn't recommend holding onto it, much better off into something you'll get use out of. And thanks to the raid group as well for stickin it out and getting a couple members their first HM kills. Those Daughters sure were obsessed with Tyler :)

Reven

Hey everyone I'm just getting back into Destiny after buying the taken king and im loving it. Add me on PS4 if you want: PvtPyleFMJ. I haven't done any of the raids yet so I'll be looking to do those soon if anyone is interested.

Zocano

I'm scared to get back in. Should I get back in? What should I do D-gaf?

Might just wait until after this semester is over, lest I ruin it all.

Class Items suck. My 310 Class Item is holding me back hardcore haha.
Ran PoE Challenge for an hour and 15 minutes just farming the boss and got 0 class items. Sucky.

Jinjo

A legendary engram drops. It decrypted into a Twilight Garrison. It is 300 Light...

Thanks.

What Light level were you?

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Before I went decrypting for engrams a friend asked me to put on the new Taken legs I got from a Sterling package. I forgot it was 3 light and went and decrypted engrams anyway.

Then I get an exotic from my legenday gloves and it was also 300 light ffs. So I blamed my friend lol.

GhaleonEB

So, I haven't played this since Tuesday. But I probably won't again, for a while. I had a strong interest in getting back to it, but I ended my play session with mixed feelings that have turned sour afterward.

The bottom line is all my favorite guns were nerfed in PvE, and that made the game a lot less fun to play.

It was so great during the House of Wolves era, but my MIDA, sniper and shotguns are all whacked to various degrees. I don't like using side arms, and never used fusion rifles. I used short-range scope snipers, and shotguns. Now the handling and scopes are worse on the snipers, the ammo was cut, and the ammo on my favorite one cut further. Shotguns went from being nothing to amazing to slightly less amazing to not worth using, and now they're even worse. My favorite gun (MIDA) finally got hit with nerf darts.

I played Destiny not to chase loot, or bump a number, but because I felt powerful and that was fun. When I played on Tuesday I was distracted by my frustrations with the weapons to the point where the activities were not as enjoyable.

I hope the game returns to form at some point. Sounds like the next big update is in the fall. Please bring shotguns back in PvE, Bungie. I dearly want to enjoy this game, but this update has really pushed me away.

Number45

So after a little time with the update, I'm massively underwhelmed. The new quests and strike are literally not worth a mention and the challenge mode... well, it's going to need to get a lot more interesting to keep me entertained. Breezed it last night (even a third time when we weren't going for score we still got over 30k), even though I'm technically under-levelled.

The bottom line is all my favorite guns were nerfed in PvE, and that made the game a lot less fun to play.
I'm cool on primary - the Hung Jury is my favourite and the only thing that I can see dethroning it is a weapon with identical stats and perks, but both looks and sounds better. The ammo nerf for sniper is WAY too heavy-handed - I haven't raided yet but I'm not looking forward to it tonight. I think I'm down 6/7 shots of capacity and, as has been mentioned before, the drops are either non-existant or a sea of green.

The ammo nerf is hitting the raid MG as well. Pretty sure I've lost around 50 from the capacity? That's down a third, and likely means that I can't use it to back up the sniper for when I need something other than primary damage.

It's beyond frustrating that a needed fix for PvP has such a significant impact on PvE. Perhaps this is why they decided against increasing the base difficulty in the raid, because I would have accepted (welcomed even) a bit of a bump there.

Top Bottom