• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

The games become something designed by a Health and Safety committee. It will be interesting to see what they do with the modifiers with PoE as I certainly wont be doing it x3 if they're weighted against us

Edit RealKraftyy ‏@RealKraftyy 41m41 minutes ago
Honestly, @Bungie hit TLW and special a little too hard. I might not use it anymore :/

RIP, that nerf was beyond stupid

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Crucible doesn't feel different to me at all. That placebo effect. I think people have to realize some times it's not the weapon but the person playing.

Her fury putting in work. I have to get myself a zen to try it.

fgfgfghthg.gif

ghjhjhjk.gif

The special ammo nerf is real. I'm usually filled to the max with specials during a game but now if I have to scrounge for it constantly during a match.

ocean

Banned
Crucible rep boost is amazing. Over 200 rep per game!

Played an 1h45m in a train and racked up around 1800 rep. If I'd had a few bounties to turn in I would have ranked up in 2 hours which feels so damn reasonable. Specially now that those ranks are actually rewarding - since yesterday I've gotten like 5 new ships.

I don't play for the loot but making vendors rewarding and having packages drop at reasonable rates I'll confess is pretty nice.

Longbow: you'll be mine soon.

ocean

Banned
I'm currently #17 ELO on PlayStation for the Control playlist :p

Looks like everybody is too busy playing PvE to be placed

the_id

Crucible rep boost is amazing. Over 200 rep per game!

Played an 1h45m in a train and racked up around 1800 rep. If I'd had a few bounties to turn in I would have ranked up in 2 hours which feels so damn reasonable. Specially now that those ranks are actually rewarding - since yesterday I've gotten like 5 new ships.

I don't play for the loot but making vendors rewarding and having packages drop at reasonable rates I'll confess is pretty nice.

Longbow: you'll be mine soon.
This is why doing those trains are even better.

Daemul

In the past 3 days I've played Destiny more than I have in the last 4 months combined. Bungie opening the loot floodgates has reinvigorated my love for the game. If this game regresses again come the fall I'm going to chuck myself off a cliff, but not before throwing the game disk into the bin, because I'm not going through the famine period again, it was utter shit.

The games become something designed by a Health and Safety committee. It will be interesting to see what they do with the modifiers with PoE as I certainly wont be doing it x3 if they're weighted against us

Honestly, @Bungie hit TLW and special a little too hard. I might not use it anymore :/

Lol you know it's a true RIP when kraftyy says it, especially when he's saying he won't use it anymore, I agree, both nerfs were unessecary, the fact that special ammo appeared less often in PvP was fine, but the amo capacity nerf was too much. I will never understand TLW nerf, who was complaining about the two shot kill capability of it? I never heard anyone complain about it here.

On another note, is xur's gear still 280? I figured they would increase it with the light level increase to like 290 or 300.

Dipped back into destiny this week. It felt like I had returned home, after being away for so long. Them feels.

qb0HaKF.jpg

Also paid the ol' heroic bastard a visit.

PcQduZ3.jpg

I'm rusty as hell but the cobwebs are falling away. :)

Told you guys. This nerf was harder than the 2.0 nerf. It completely destroyed what the gun was.

Oh well, doctrine it is i guess. The Last Word was too good for this game it seems.

Edit: when i heard about the nerf i thought hey were reducing the bonus damage from hipfire, not completely removing it

What Light level were you?

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Before I went decrypting for engrams a friend asked me to put on the new Taken legs I got from a Sterling package. I forgot it was 3 light and went and decrypted engrams anyway.

Then I get an exotic from my legenday gloves and it was also 300 light ffs. So I blamed my friend lol.

I was 318. Apparently, legendary engrams only decrypt up to 310 if I'm not mistaken. A bit weird to say the least.

Told you guys. This nerf was harder than the 2.0 nerf. It completely destroyed what the gun was.

Oh well, doctrine it is i guess. The Last Word was too good for this game it seems.

Edit: when i heard about the nerf i thought hey were reducing the bonus damage from hipfire, not completely removing it

What time will you be on for Trials with the Dr? Right at reset or a bit after?

WeTeHa

Xur:
Helm of Saint-14
Young Ahamkara's Spine
Starfire Protocol
Bad Juju
Legacy Special Weapon Engram

hmmm was hoping for boots or helmet engram to decrypt a couple at 334/335 and infuse into my 320s, but legacy special is pretty nice. may finally be able to complete my year 1 collection.

Lol you know it's a true RIP when kraftyy says it, especially when he's saying he won't use it anymore, I agree, both nerfs were unessecary, the fact that special ammo appeared less often in PvP was fine, but the amo capacity nerf was too much. I will never understand TLW nerf, who was complaining about the two shot kill capability of it? I never heard anyone complain about it here.

On another note, is xur's gear still 280? I figured they would increase it with the light level increase to like 290 or 300.

I raged about TLW in year one because of the absurd range. I think TTK got it right but at the expense of all hand cannons. Now it's simply been neutered.

WipedOut

Started December 18th - 4 Months later I've tracked down every exotic primary except First Curse, Ace of Spades and Tlaloc. Pre-April Update I was missing Invective and Bad Juju, Post-April Update I got invective from nightfall and xur bringing dat Juju. Thanks Xur!

Capture.png

Nightfall gave me 18 strange coins. Then I went into CoE with someone and came up 110 pints short of 90k. I already have the high score part of the card.

On the plus side I have 86 strange coins I can dump into 3oC or heavy.

WipedOut

Nightfall gave me 18 strange coins. Then I went into CoE with someone and came up 110 pints short of 90k. I already have the high score part of the card.

Buy 100 heavy (1 faction rank I believe) and buy some 3oC's

Started December 18th - 4 Months later I've tracked down every exotic primary except First Curse, Ace of Spades and Tlaloc. Pre-April Update I was missing Invective and Bad Juju, Post-April Update I got invective from nightfall and xur bringing dat Juju. Thanks Xur!

Capture.png

Bad JuJu is one of my top PvE weapons because of its perks and is perfect for mobs. NTTE is perfect on bullet sponge bosses.

Ballistic

If you need heavy Variks sells it for glimmer and ether seeds. 3oC seem more valuable with CoE farming.

X-Frame

I raged about TLW in year one because of the absurd range. I think TTK got it right but at the expense of all hand cannons. Now it's simply been neutered.

Yup, Bungie's recent TLW nerf was completely unneeded.

They nerfed the Range in 2.0 because it was getting kills ADS beyond its intended Range and wanted players to hip-fire primarily.

Now, there is really no reason to hip-fire with no bonus damage because the increased AA and Stability from hip-firing is literally to compensate for hip-firing inaccuracies and difficulties. You might as well always ADS now.

Some weird stuff is happening with Destiny:

Seems to be some sort of ARG happening (?) ()

I'm happy they're doing this kind of things again.

I love stuff like this. It does seem early though for there to be all these update/expansion leaks or teases though. I could see this coming in August if it was dropping September.

Top Bottom