• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

todd360

He may win the nominee but he's not going to beat Hilary.

This is the dark timeline. Who knows what horrors await us.

Stormcallers were nerfed and the Last Word is still a ghost of what once was. Truly the dark timeline. Obama Chuckled, "You mean the chaos engrams?"

darthbob

Someone collected all of the Titan flavor text over on reddit.

It's soooo good.
  • "The best defense is a good offense. We are both shield and sword." —Holborn
  • I am a walking tank. My arsenal, endless. The result of my ire, devastation.
  • Grip settings range from 'exquisite caress' to 'vengeful fist that does not know remorse'.
  • "Yes, we've achieved the objective. And the next. And the…were we supposed to stop attacking?" —Wei Ning
  • Ward or fist, you cannot be broken.
  • "Your job on the fireteam is to stand when everything else seems sure to fall."
  • How does it feel to land a six-meter jump in full armor? That depends who you're landing on.
I could just quote the whole thing. Love every one.

But the best one:
"Get behind me."​
Chills. Everything there is about being a Titan in one phrase.

nuS1f0f.gif

My favorite "I didn't get shot. I never get shot. I just body-checked the missile."

The Titan gear flavor text really is some of the best, especially when talking about Wei Ning (btw, is her name pronounced like 'waning'?)

Stormcallers were nerfed and the Last Word is still a ghost of what once was. Truly the dark timeline. Obama Chuckled, "You mean the chaos engrams?"

Have you ever seen that episode of 30 Rock where we see the world through the eyes of Kenneth and everyone is a muppet? I often wonder if all Todd sees is Anime?

Stormcallers are still good. You make them seem OP all the time.

LTWood12

What is so good about the IB Auto? Its impact is terrible.

?

Do you judge weapons purely based on their impact? It has a larger magazine and a higher rate of fire to make up for the impact. Just as the Doctrine/Arminus-D Archetype has even less impact, but an even higher ROF and magazine.

The lowest impact auto rifles, pulse rifles, & scouts are almost universally preferred in pvp over high impact weapons.

todd360

Have you ever seen that episode of 30 Rock where we see the world through the eyes of Kenneth and everyone is a muppet? I often wonder if all Todd sees is Anime?

Stormcallers are still good. You make them seem OP all the time.

Shock City USA

The premiere destination for scrubs worldwide!

Don't let anyone fool you. SUROS still sucks. Focused fire does not give enough of a damage buff. I believe that the fastest RoF scouts are faster and do significantly more damage.

WeTeHa

Been using the vendor fusion rifle on smaller maps like drifter. Sometimes they do amazing work, but they feel really inconsistent. Sometimes you can kill a guy across 2 rooms and sometimes you hit a guy who is quite close and it only takes of his shield.

Mindlog

Yay, finished all the Weekly Bounties on my Hunter!
No, wait. Still need more heavy kills
FyOZi55.gif

Green bars not taking hits. Starting to get annoyed.

One spot in train.
It makes Fusion Rifles cry.

My first train in ages. Very solid team and very solid matchups. No Apples. That's how I have the most fun. Thank you to everyone that was there. I tried various weapons, but Jade Rabbit is comfortable.

335 Shower Curtain and 335 Boots. Can't complain about drops.

?

Do you judge weapons purely based on their impact? It has a larger magazine and a higher rate of fire to make up for the impact. Just as the Doctrine/Arminus-D Archetype has even less impact, but an even higher ROF and magazine.

The lowest impact auto rifles, pulse rifles, & scouts are almost universally preferred in pvp over high impact weapons.

Gotcha. thanks for the explanation.

Azerare

The last word never brought good times with it. Only bad times.

Tornados and hail storms. All is well until that stuff comes up and make traffic pretty awesome. Hopefully the roads are fine now to go home from work, hours later.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Someone collected all of the Titan flavor text over on reddit.

It's soooo good.
  • "The best defense is a good offense. We are both shield and sword." —Holborn
  • I am a walking tank. My arsenal, endless. The result of my ire, devastation.
  • Grip settings range from 'exquisite caress' to 'vengeful fist that does not know remorse'.
  • "Yes, we've achieved the objective. And the next. And the…were we supposed to stop attacking?" —Wei Ning
  • Ward or fist, you cannot be broken.
  • "Your job on the fireteam is to stand when everything else seems sure to fall."
  • How does it feel to land a six-meter jump in full armor? That depends who you're landing on.
I could just quote the whole thing. Love every one.

But the best one:
"Get behind me."​
Chills. Everything there is about being a Titan in one phrase.

nuS1f0f.gif

Who's Wei Ning and why does he/she sound like the biggest, baddest fucker in Destiny?

"Yes, we've achieved the objective. And the next. And the…were we supposed to stop attacking?" —Wei Ning
"To conserve ammo, we disrupted the enemy command structure with several sharp blows to the skull." —Wei Ning
"Evade the Cabal counterattack? My friend, they're finally sending us something worth killing." —Wei Ning
"THE LAST AND SUREST ARGUMENT" - traditional inscription for the right gauntlet, attributed to Wei Ning
"So I ask Wei Ning: what about the Darkness itself? What then? And she says: I'll punch it too." - Pahanin Errata

edit: wei ning is a she, apparently

FyreWulff

Is it me, or are Titan women super rare in the game?

I always feel like I see a good mix of male/female Hunters and Warlocks, but I can't remember the last time I saw a femTitan, and the Titan helmets always look really big on them.

example:

DvTMMMq.jpg

I always feel like I see a good mix of male/female Hunters and Warlocks, but I can't remember the last time I saw a femTitan, and the Titan helmets always look really big on them.

example:

DvTMMMq.jpg

I have one of each class, all males for PS4. Then 1 of each class, all females for XB1, haha.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

example:

DvTMMMq.jpg

what's that all-transparent Mark? Looks interesting

Top Bottom