• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNA

Banned
Shoutout to Bicep Curls and MildSoss for easiest Nightfall yet. :D

Now who wants to start a raid? Lv 29 Warlock here. :D

PSN: Streakydude

darthbob

That was the same point I was making :(

Indeed it was. I needed to re-read your statement again.

Basically what I was trying to say was that Bungie already screwed up by not providing the reward consistency from the get-go. If that was provided then the need to cheese wouldn't be there, IMO.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In an ideal world, they should reward players better and more consistetly. This would discourage "cheesing". There are far bigger problems in their game than cutting corners. If the loot system weren't such a joke, this would not be an issue.
this is actually a pretty fundamental misunderstanding of design and user behavior. I could go into detail if you are interested when I get home, but I don't necessary want to bore the crap out of you guys than I already have so just let me know.
I am thinking of the more prominent loot games in recent mind and never have any of those games received the attention this game is getting. Difference? Diablo 3, borderlands, hell warcraft consistently reward their players for their time and, more importantly, their wins
Were you around for Diablo 3's launch...? Consistent reward certainly wasn't a problem, but...

It also feels a little awkward getting into these things where people are like "well, in x other game..." because I really don't even think Destiny belongs to the same genre even by a longshot. Both the core gameplay loop and progression system have almost nothing in common with Diablo as an archetype, so when you compare them directly as entrants in Diablo's genre Destiny really does not stack up at all well.

but really, I have a very hard time coming up with games that are all that much like destiny. I really mean it. I've played lots and while I would not use words like "groundbreaking", it is a pretty unique creature.

Haines

Banned
Shoutout to Bicep Curls and MildSoss for easiest Nightfall yet. :D

Now who wants to start a raid? Lv 29 Warlock here. :D

PSN: Streakydude

I'm in. Let's get one going

Ps4 hainesGTO

OK I'm starting the raid room. Add pan HainesGTO and I'll let you in. Let's knock this one out tonight quick.

lol

SvLi341.jpg

ZangBa

On second thought, I think pocket infinity is still pretty good. I'll miss how silly it was before but I still feel really powerful with it. I wish they increased the magazine size up to 4 at least.

arimanius

Just got crucible rank 3. I fucked up and leveled FWC first. Lol So I'm thinking of. Using a weapon now. I have the chance, hawkmoon!, the supremacy, invective, ice breaker, and admonished III. Thinking about 77 wizard or one of the scout rifles since they got buffed. Any suggestions?

gatti-man

Nightfall spoils this week (3 runs):

9 shards
Legendary Engram (2 shards)
Lucky Raspberry (had +20 intellect more than the one I owned - broke my old one for 2 shards)

So 11 shards over 3 characters. Bit boring, but I needed them.

My wishlist currently:

No back up plans
Hawkmoon
Gjallarhorn
Hardlight

Please, Xur.

Every time i think i play too much you guys prove me wrong <3

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
how is pvp post patch? everyone still rocking autos or have we truly reached "balance" where other weapons are better suited to different roles? more of the same or lots of pulse, scout, and hand cannons to complement the ARs?

Yaari

how is pvp post patch? everyone still rocking autos or have we truly reached "balance" where other weapons are better suited to different roles? more of the same or lots of pulse, scout, and hand cannons to complement the ARs?

Definitely seeing some diversity.

EL CUCO

What's the safe spot during the mesh waves on the Nightfall for you guys? I did it on the platform but some people are having trouble there.

Namikaze1

A level 29 using a maxed Vision of Confluence against Athean does nearly 1200

A level 30 using a maxed Vision of Confluence against Athean does nearly 2000

X-Frame

Looking at the stats for the scout rifle Proxima Centuri II -- it has greater range than a few of my sniper rifles .. the hell?!

JackHerer

Anyone trying to do the raid tonight? I'm a level 28 Hunter so it has to be normal I guess. Send me a friend request or message on PSN. My ID is Lpwnsome. Thanks :)

Namikaze1

We all got so excited that we brought Athean's health to roughly 55% on the first portal run that our shield guy dropped the relic shield to see his health and that ended up getting 4 people killed. It was a hilarious moment. But damn, we could have beat Athean in two portal runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom