• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
do you mean that in the serious way or the dota 2 way

if you mean it in the serious way: dont do it, we're here to listen if you need someone to talk to :))

if you mean it in the dota 2 way: me too

Dota 2 way.

I wonder if I just shouldn't play on fridays.

W1SSY

My man!
qz4o7uE.png

I'm hoping to get a few more in there soon-ish, like gold earned and spent.

I need to up my ward buying.

Acinixys

Edit: I was being serious with that post. I don't think I should have went Eth before Refresher. BoT would have been nice in place of Arcanes too.

Legit quiestion

If you were playing carry why even get arcanes?

Unless youre playing support Necro which is 100% trash, you should always get treads. The mana regen from sadist is all the sustain you need.At level 4 it gives you 600 mana for every hero kill

Also where is you Blink? Sheep? Shivas?

I think all of those could have helped more than Dagon Eblade, which is such a narrow build. All you can do is kill 1 hero and then youre worthless

Big Dog

Either dota just died, steam exploded, or I experienced my first game where a foreigner who is losing forces the game into poor network connections. I'm so mad right now...

Madouu

That network difficultion detection change might sound good on paper but every time I've had it show up was in games where there was maybe 10 to 15 seconds of lag. Having a 30 or a 40 minutes games not counted and safe to leave for that is annoying.

I hope they're still working on it.

damn bro that looks like a hard fought but tough loss to accept.

out of curiosity, why did you opt for the abyssal as opposed to a sheep? or maybe even an eblade to help save teammates from PL?

400gpm Spectre after all that work you did...feels bad.

How do you even get that low GPM on spectre? Once you get rad-- oh.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
damn bro that looks like a hard fought but tough loss to accept.

out of curiosity, why did you opt for the abyssal as opposed to a sheep? or maybe even an eblade to help save teammates from PL?

400gpm Spectre after all that work you did...feels bad.

It was sort of a panic move and likely a misplay, I had a shit ton of gold after a fight, we had an exposed throne and 2 rax down. Basically I wanted a way to slow down the other team if they simply bought BKBs and went ham on the ancient.

I have no clue why our Ogre got a 50 minutes Mek, waste of money. He would have been better off with a Force Staff or a Ghost Scepter.

Really wish Spec could had farmed up a radiance at some point.

Wok

It was sort of a panic move and likely a misplay, I had a shit ton of gold after a fight, we had an exposed throne and 2 rax down. Basically I wanted a way to slow down the other team if they simply bought BKBs and went ham on the ancient.

I have no clue why our Ogre got a 50 minutes Mek, waste of money. He would have been better off with a Force Staff or a Ghost Scepter.

Really wish Spec could had farmed up a radiance at some point.

You cannot stop the Shaman.

all 2 of you who watch me broadcast on steam will be happy to know that steam has a work around to make sound work now so my stream is now perfect and the best place to watch the dota you love

edit nope still fucked nevermind

apparently there's a lot of controversy over radiance spectre?

I see a lot of talk about how it's worth it if you can get it quick (~20:00) but a bunch of folks say the older players overstate its necessity in the current game and one should instead go OoV -> skadi or straight diffusal or yasha -> manta for core, triple especially if you're aiming for a quicker win

but dotabuff says everyone gets it and the builds from high-level players have it (side note: is this site reliable?), so I don't even know what to think

I see a lot of talk about how it's worth it if you can get it quick (~20:00) but a bunch of folks say the older players overstate its necessity in the current game and one should instead go OoV -> skadi or straight diffusal or yasha -> manta for core, triple especially if you're aiming for a quicker win

but dotabuff says everyone gets it and the builds from high-level players have it (side note: is this site reliable?), so I don't even know what to think

I haven't seen any talk like that, but I really prefer to go radiance on spectre. Not only for in fights, but because Spectre really can't farm without it. With those builds you still can't really farm. You also can't really rely on dagger to take shortcuts and farm since you'll have limited mana, so your farming will be extra slow.

Anyone here play Earthshaker a decent amount? Im looking for item build recommendations to try out.

Earthshaker's item build is very rigid. He BADLY needs mana and BADLY needs mobility. As such, the standard build is boots > arcane boots > magic stick > blink dagger > magic wand. After that, get shiva's guard (or aghanim's scepter if you are against illusion heroes or meepo) to add more punch and disable to your initiation, or get items like eul's scepter/scythe of vyse for single target lockdown.

TUSR

Banned
Earthshaker's item build is very rigid. He BADLY needs mana and BADLY needs mobility. As such, the standard build is boots > arcane boots > magic stick > blink dagger > magic wand. After that, get shiva's guard (or aghanim's scepter if you are against illusion heroes or meepo) to add more punch and disable to your initiation, or get items like eul's scepter/scythe of vyse for single target lockdown.

Thoughts on Aghs and Refresher?

Stick after arcane boots?

Razzer

After the blink, other good items are force and veil.

Acinixys

Thoughts on Aghs and Refresher?

Stick after arcane boots?

Refresher on ES sounds nice but in reality is pretty weak

After the first Echo Slam all the creeps/illusions/summons are dead so when you refresh and Echo again its hitting like 3-4 heroes and so wont do much

Also Aghs is a big investment for a situational item. Shivas is the same around cost and it way more useful at every stage of the game

TUSR

Banned

After the first Echo Slam all the creeps/illusions/summons are dead so when you refresh and Echo again its hitting like 3-4 heroes and so wont do much

Also Aghs is a big investment for a situational item. Shivas is the same around cost and it way more useful at every stage of the game

Aghs is pretty good against illusion heroes right? PL+TB illusions would already create an echo, but with aghs they create 2 because it treats the illusions as heroes, correct? But thats still a large situational investment that I could be spending on Shivas or something else.

Edit: I've been looking through all my matches, won and lost, seeing what I should be doing different.

Haunted

woah that's completely different from the 2014 setup.

Better for the premium people compared to the plebeians. Last time the premium area was off to the sides and there were many premium people who came down to the regular seating area because it was in front of the stage. This makes more sense from that standpoint (but I still don't like it because I won't be in premium this year :p).

Also, for those not knowing. Free food & drinks means limited food (food is being served twice a day and doesn't last long) while the drinks are basically limitless... but it's all Red Bull. :p

I strongly disagree. hitting 3-4 heroes is just enough to do devastating damage and (more importantly) CC with the fissure x2, echo x2, and totem x2.

DK.LaNm

ViviOggi

woah that's completely different from the 2014 setup.

Better for the premium people compared to the plebeians. Last time the premium area was off to the sides and there were many premium people who came down to the regular seating area because it was in front of the stage. This makes more sense from that standpoint (but I still don't like it because I won't be in premium this year :p).

Also, for those not knowing. Free food & drinks means limited food (food is being served twice a day and doesn't last long) while the drinks are basically limitless... but it's all Red Bull. :p
No Monster no buy

GorillaJu

Bloodseeker is so damn good

2 things I learned which changed a lot for me:

1 - get blademail first item, before boots

2 - his best skill isn't blood rite, it's bloodrage. its incredibly useful and versatile.

3 - if an enemy is going to kill you, and you have bloodrage on, pop blademail because if their skill does enough damage to kill themselves as well off the buffed blademail damage, they will die and bloodrage will heal you so you survive. so if their cheeky support is trying to sneak in a nuke when theyre about to die themselves, they'll actually heal you and die doing it. <3

MLG Columbus was the first time that I ever watched Dota. Good lord was I spoiled.

The tourny was was the best. underdog story, all star eastern team, shitty manager, amazing comeback from day 1. Its could be adopted to a Hollywood sport movie really.

Meanwhile watching 430 TA vs CDEC
d91.gif

edit: got an item drop too!
E6NDajA.jpg

Razzer

The tourny was was the best. underdog story, all star eastern team, shitty manager, amazing comeback from day 1. Its could be adopted to a Hollywood sport movie really.

Meanwhile watching 430 TA vs CDEC

That was pretty disgusting. 13 min gg, they just stomped all over them.

Razzer

doesn't not having a point in sleight make it really hard to land chains? Or is phase boots + fire remnant supposed to help with that?

Yeah. These days the standard is max flame guard then chains before even 1 point in sleight, that build obviously thinks 2 points of chains is enough tho, which is fine I guess.

Hylian7

My two cents on the matter:

Radiance Spectre is great and she is one of the few heroes that the item is core on. There are a few reasons for this.

1. Farming. Part of the appeal of Spectre is basically to keep farming the entire map, Haunt in for team fights when your team needs you.

2. Damage. While the +damage from the Radiance only applies to the real one, the illusions still get the burn damage, which is still good damage output just by pressing R.

3. Split push. This could debatably fall under point 1, but like I said before, the fact that you can keep doing your own thing and then jump into a fight anywhere is amazing.

4. Extendability to late game. With Spectre, you have a couple of options you can use with the Radiance. You can go Manta, which has benefits of having that burn in more places, whether for pushing, canceling Blinks, or whatever. Most underrated of all, you have Refresher. Refresher is expensive, but you just don't fuck with a Radiance Refresher Spectre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom