• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
i just played a game of beastmaster and i had heavens halberd and abyssal blade.........

yall.... beastmaster is a lowkey slay
you better get in and collect your free mmr points before he gets nerfed tbh

steven people really underestimate his power with the right items :(

imo if his passive gave more attack speed he'd be perfect

Yeah, Beastmaster is pretty good. I think he's a bit too well balanced, tbh. He's pretty much exactly average. Does exactly what he's supposed to do, but not much more. He could use slight base stat increases or numbers buffs like you said, but nothing substantial.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Beastmaster's problem is his abilities are super boring. A single target stun for an ult. An attack speed passive. Tosses some axes out. And summons some boring animals (Oh wow, a bird that you can move to a place and see stuff, and a boar that slows people)

Just Boring.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Beastmaster is boring if you're not a Starcraft player.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The good BMs I see, micro the shit out of their summons.

I figure if I spectated their camera it'd look a bit like watching a Protoss player.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, anyone putting some real effort into that steam auction thing? I turned a few crappy backgrounds into gems, then bought 7k more for like $4.50. I have 4 bids placed, and am currently in 10-40 in all 4 with bids of 1-2k.

Hoping to get Roller Coaster Tycoon, I am currently #10 with a bid of 2.5k

So, anyone putting some real effort into that steam auction thing? I turned a few crappy backgrounds into gems, then bought 7k more for like $4.50. I have 4 bids placed, and am currently in 10-40 in all 4 with bids of 1-2k.

Hoping to get Roller Coaster Tycoon, I am currently #10 with a bid of 2.5k

I'm gonna try and get some shit games I wouldn't spend money on normally.

I currently have a pretty good bid on Dark with not that many gems.

If I play it right hopefully I can get some stuff in the middle of it.

sixghost

I'm gonna try and get some shit games I wouldn't spend money on normally.

I currently have a pretty good bid on Dark with not that many gems.

If I play it right hopefully I can get some stuff in the middle of it.

Having seen some of the stuff you play for cards, I'm not sure those games exist

Acinixys

Yeah, Beastmaster is pretty good. I think he's a bit too well balanced, tbh. He's pretty much exactly average. Does exactly what he's supposed to do, but not much more. He could use slight base stat increases or numbers buffs like you said, but nothing substantial.

Beastmaster is shit because his summons are shit

Look at Lycan Wolves or Furion Treants in comparison

Their summons are 10000x better in almost every way (can siege, are invisible, are pretty fast and can scout easily)

I think BM needs a rework somehow, because at the moment he offers nothing another hero cant do better

Beastmaster is shit because his summons are shit

Look at Lycan Wolves or Furion Treants in comparison

Their summons are 10000x better in almost every way (can siege, are invisible, are pretty fast and can scout easily)

I think BM needs a rework somehow, because at the moment he offers nothing another hero cant do better

lycan and furion don't offer a very strong teamfight ultimate and a strong long range damage ability along with their scouting ability.
That's like saying brew is bad because PA's evasion is better. Everyone knows Brew isn't bad, because the sum of his whole is far greater than his one passive. This applies to every hero, and you can't pull a single skill out and say "other heroes have a similar but better skill, therefore this hero isn't good". However, what you can do is say that a hero's role is just replicated more effectively by other heroes. For example, CK is completely outclassed because his entire kit is done better by other heroes. There's just no single hero that does what Beastmaster does as effectively. Unfortunately, what Beastmaster does just isn't enough to warrant taking it over something else.

VG got rekt.

anbs.gif

BHK3

Banned
Beastmaster's problem is his abilities are super boring. A single target stun for an ult. An attack speed passive. Tosses some axes out. And summons some boring animals (Oh wow, a bird that you can move to a place and see stuff, and a boar that slows people)

Just Boring.

or maybe he's just a bad hero. The guy has no real items to get aside from blink aghs(though this does add to your boring hero thing) and is just weak compared to everyone, roars been getting small restrictions removed at least. I remember old tutorial videos saying hes good cause his stats were pretty good but now he's been left in the dust when you have heros like void being early game monsters or heros like sven getting casual +10 dmg and +5 armour buffs.

inkls

Big ups to Pratfall for this moment of solo manliness we all missed in yesterday's game.

http://youtu.be/xzggS-D_hxY

Excuse the song in the background, still trying to figure out ShadowPlay.

Big plays.

Big deal. It's not like you Laguna Blade'd only to pop a Weaver's Linken's about 5 times in a row.

i checked the replay, the last time you used it to pop his linken's it meant when I jumped him that I could pull and orchid him and got the kill.

#allplanned
#bigplays
#tacult

antigoon

After over a year of Dota 2 and a lot of support, I *finally* played Enigma a couple times this week.

Still need to get better at microing eidolons in the jungle against certain camps, but that hero is really fun. Having a mek before 10 minutes is great.

Just Boring.

No wai, using the hawk strategically and orb walking (kind of) with the boar is important. One of my favorite heroes. That native american getup so good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom