• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

apparently there's a lot of controversy over radiance spectre?

I see a lot of talk about how it's worth it if you can get it quick (~20:00) but a bunch of folks say the older players overstate its necessity in the current game and one should instead go OoV -> skadi or straight diffusal or yasha -> manta for core, triple especially if you're aiming for a quicker win

but dotabuff says everyone gets it and the builds from high-level players have it (side note: is this site reliable?), so I don't even know what to think

Radiance on Spectre is just one of those items that works so well with her skillset that it's hard to justify not getting it. She desperately needs an item that speeds up her farm, it synergies well with her ult, and she survives so long in fights thanks for dispersion so the radiance will do plenty of damage in fights. Even if you build it a bit later, after vanguard, I still think it's a good item.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Radiance on Spectre is just one of those items that works so well with her skillset that it's hard to justify not getting it. She desperately needs an item that speeds up her farm, it synergies well with her ult, and she survives so long in fights thanks for dispersion so the radiance will do plenty of damage in fights. Even if you build it a bit later, after vanguard, I still think it's a good item.

Yeah this basically. Like, if you're not going to get it by 30 minutes...well the game probably has other issues anyway, but if grabbing an early Ring of Health to stay alive in lane means you get a 26 minute Radiance its still worth it. Typically the first teamfight after I get a Radiance on her ends in something close to a wipe

The real question is what do you build if they really are dominating the early game and you're just not going to get a Radiance. I tend towards going straight for the Diffusal then just because if they're owning Spectre early its probably with burst magic and the global mana burn might turn a fight, but I'm open to other's thoughts

Pratfall

sometimes dota is good to you
Kec5W3X.png

can someone explain deso BH to me? I just don't understand why that is as standard as it seems to be. I usually build orchid, basher, hex, etc. since I do fuck all damage past like 30 minutes.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
can someone explain deso BH to me? I just don't understand why that is as standard as it seems to be. I usually build orchid, basher, hex, etc. since I do fuck all damage past like 30 minutes.

Deso is picked up often on heroes that don't have any strong steroids or don't carry well (deso was the popular mirana pickup before they fixed maelstrom). Also track used to give neg armor, like Slardar's ult. So it used to fit with BH's kit but when they nerfed him it never really fell out of favor. Its good for bursting heroes down if you go deso-dagon

Snowdrift

Anyone know of a good warding guide for the new Roshan pit and Dire Ancients camp. It has become a bitch to deward with the reworked map.

<3 Heaven's Halberd. Why are people not building this more?

sixghost

Anyone know of a good warding guide for the new Roshan pit and Dire Ancients camp. It has become a bitch to deward with the reworked map.

<3 Heaven's Halberd. Why are people not building this more?

I think Halberd is in the same place as Atos. It's a really good item that doesn't do enough to justify a spot in a 6 slotted carry's inventory and the build up sucks/too difficult to farm for supports.

atos and halbard are just part of a game wide unspoken gentlemens agreement that theyre both too good and instant wins so lets keep this competitive and fun

sixghost

I enjoy playing enigma, I farm the jungle well at the start (8 minute mek,soul ring + courier) but just
keep.on.
losing.

fuckin 40% winrate over 19 games T__T
Here is my last match: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1089270601
any feedback would be appreciated

I didn't watch the game, but your tower damage is super low. Enigma can and should push towers hard once you get the mek. That seems like a rough game for enigma, but not at least having a blink is kind of weird.

Acinixys

Necro Refresher is disgustingly good: the most HD, the most TD, the most heal, and the time penalty on two heroes after each team fight.

I really dislike the Dagon build on Necro. I feel it makes him a one trick pony

From this game I assume you were dominating and didnt give a shit about utility, but as soon as I see a Necro go brown boots dagon I know im probably in for a loss

Mek, Blink, Hex, Heart and Aghs are all so much more viable

And dont even get me started on Bloodstone building Necros. Literally retarded building mana regen on a hero who can regen 600 mana in 6 secs. Just get a heart and kill bitches ffs

I really dislike the Dagon build on Necro. I feel it makes him a one trick pony

From this game I assume you were dominating and didnt give a shit about utility, but as soon as I see a Necro go brown boots dagon I know im probably in for a loss

Mek, Blink, Hex, Heart and Aghs are all so much more viable

And dont even get me started on Bloodstone building Necros. Literally retarded building mana regen on a hero who can regen 600 mana in 6 secs. Just get a heart and kill bitches ffs

Dagon is good because it allows you to instagib someone with or without ult, on top of a good early build path and decent early mana. That's really really strong when you're at all ahead. I agree that in an even game there are tons of better options, but Dagon is certainly not a bad pick up.

I didn't watch the game, but your tower damage is super low. Enigma can and should push towers hard once you get the mek. That seems like a rough game for enigma, but not at least having a blink is kind of weird.

I was able to take mid tower early when tinker went bot. After that we kept team fighting, AM got big and I was too scared to split push. But you are right, I probably should have stayed hidden in the trees while converting creeps.
After I went mek I decided we need a hard, reliable lock down for AM so I went straight hex...which took way too long to get. Also tide with blink was the main initiator, so I dunno.. should I have gotten blink too in this case?

I was able to take mid tower early when tinker went bot. After that we kept team fighting, AM got big and I was too scared to split push. But you are right, I probably should have stayed hidden in the trees while converting creeps.
After I went mek I decided we need a hard, reliable lock down for AM so I went straight hex...which took way too long to get. Also tide with blink was the main initiator, so I dunno.. should I have gotten blink too in this case?

I don't play enigma much, but blink seems pretty necessary just due to the nature of Black Hole. Similar to how earth shaker always wants blink.

I've only heard about the redbull tourny in passing, and never anything overly positive. Don't know how they expect to get views if they don't market it somehow. That said, could just be I managed to evade the marketting.

Quesa

i mean im sure it would be fun if you were there participating

theres just no one watching it or talking about it outside of that

im presuming theyd want some of that

It's hard to sell the tournament to viewers. "There's going to be a lot of random people playing in it, and some pros might be there too!" Doesn't do much for me. Would rather watch Capcom Cup.

TUSR

Banned
i mean im sure it would be fun if you were there participating

theres just no one watching it or talking about it outside of that

im presuming theyd want some of that

There is no real interest in seeing nobodies playing in a tournament. I probably won't even watch it on Twitch...

I've only heard about the redbull tourny in passing, and never anything overly positive. Don't know how they expect to get views if they don't market it somehow. That said, could just be I managed to evade the marketting.

They were pushing it at BTS2 I believe, saying that spectator tickets were still for sale. And Redbull always puts on good events.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
pudge players will be the death of me. Even when we win I hate them.

I usually never play without a 5 stack with my friends. But we rolled with 4 last night in random draft. He picked pudge with the last pick and wanted a solo safe lane.

Needless to say, it was a great reminder of why i hate playing with randoms.

I usually never play without a 5 stack with my friends. But we rolled with 4 last night in random draft. He picked pudge with the last pick and wanted a solo safe lane.

Needless to say, it was a great reminder of why i hate playing with randoms.

My last game had a last pick pudge player (after we had a necro), who insisted he was mid. I asked him to pick an offlaner cause pudge isn't good and he got defensive. Fast forward 12 minutes. He's stomping in lane and over voice com trying to get me to admit that he's good (as if I care if he's good, or that I ever said anything about his play). I explain why I dislike pudge as a hero (lack of scaling, low impact outside of hook in the mid-late game). Game continues with him getting increasingly frustrated by the fact that I won't acknowledge he's some sort of pudge god. Game ends and he's literally yelling at me.
Good game.

looks like USEast is shitting itself again.
Game will not be scored after I get 80% packet loss. Prior to that I was carrying my team back into the game as ogre. Fuck valve, man.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Completed 3 hero challenges in 3 matches today (Nyx, Drow and Clinkz). Pretty happy about that. Next up is Disruptor and Bane, both of whom I'm 0-3 with. Might have to look up a guide because whatever I'm doing isn't working.

&#661; &#865;·&#7461; &#865;· &#660; You've been visited by Hellbear Smasher of fortune. Clap your paws and copy paste this message 5 times without getting banned by mods and luck be with you for the next year &#661; &#865;·&#7461; &#865;· &#660;

sixghost

Completed 3 hero challenges in 3 matches today (Nyx, Drow and Clinkz). Pretty happy about that. Next up is Disruptor and Bane, both of whom I'm 0-3 with. Might have to look up a guide because whatever I'm doing isn't working.

Here's how you win with disruptor. Save your first skill point. Glimpse at level 1 is normally a shitty spell, but in the right situation it's going to be worth way more than the damage from Q or the control from E. He isn't too useful in lane, so go pull to get your early levels. Have a point in each skill at level 3, then max glimpse, then max E. The way you get easy kills with disruptor is using the travel time on glimpse to set up the ult/E combo. You'll see a little mark on the ground where the person is going to return. When you use your ult, you need to immediately E afterwards on the same exact spot. The radius for both skills are about the same, and the static storm will cover the entire circle.

The Q skill does shit damage but is hugely important because it gives vision. You use this vision to cast glimpse no matter how far away that person runs. Even if it's someone like antimage or qop, they can't blink far enough away to get out of glimpse's range when it has 3 or 4 points in it. Disruptor is one of the best heroes in the game at ganking these types of heroes. An easy way to know exactly where the opponent will return when using glimpse is to cast Q on them, and count the strikes in the animation. On the 3rd strike, they'll return to the place they were when you cast the Q on them.

E gives vision, so you can use it to deward a cliff in a pinch. Disruptor's entire skill set because useless once BKBs are out, so later on you want to be casting it on the supports or bkb-less carries. Unless you are using it to initiate by pulling someone back with glimpse or really need it to catch someone in the ult, try to save it if you can. It's an amazing spell for getting one more kill out of a successful team fight.

It can be a bit awkward at first because his skills take some foresight to use properly, but he's such a fun hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom