• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new PL is so fucking retarded

He makes illusions so fast that even of you have insane wave clear he INSTANTLY has a new set smashing you

Plus Dopplewalk being a purge is so stupid. Nothing can counter him and he can purge all your BS in lane

He should only make 3 or 4 illusions. 8 is RETARDED

This hero is so fun. I absolutely love the rework. He might be a tad to strong though.

Acinixys

gg wp

This week has been one of the worst ive ever experienced

The amount of racist, intolerable 12 year olds playing is amazing

RMUyppQ.png

Is it feasible to use Lone Druid by moving both he and the bear at the same time all the time, or will I have to constantly switch between them for movement as well as abilities?

Also, when I played a bot match yesterday with him, the bear wasn't picking up charges with his magic stick. He can use sticks/wands right?

Haunted

Is it feasible to use Lone Druid by moving both he and the bear at the same time all the time, or will I have to constantly switch between them for movement as well as abilities?
It's ok for laning and last hitting, but as soon as ganks/teamfights start, you'll want to keep the druid back and the bear in front, keeping their movement separate.

Keeping them right next to each other at all times negates one of their greatest strengths, so it's not advisable.

It's ok for laning and last hitting, but as soon as ganks/teamfights start, you'll want to keep the druid back and the bear in front, keeping their movement separate.

Keeping them right next to each other at all times negates one of their greatest strengths, so it's not advisable.

Is there a way of making a set limit for the distance between them, so Druid automatically hangs back a little, rather than catching up when the bear stops to attack? Obviously when he enters bear form I want him in the midst of things, but in his normal form he was getting a little too close to the action for my liking :p

Haunted

Is there a way of making a set limit for the distance between them, so Druid automatically hangs back a little, rather than catching up when the bear stops to attack? Obviously when he enters bear form I want him in the midst of things, but in his normal form he was getting a little too close to the action for my liking :p
Sorry, I think you gotta polish up your micro for that one! :D

Pratfall

What hotkeys are you using? My micro is awful so I just have one set of hotkeys for all micro heroes which is 1=hero, 2=all other units, 3=hero and all other units. Works for most heroes with summons.

Sorry, I think you gotta polish up your micro for that one! :D

:(

What hotkeys are you using? My micro is awful so I just have one set of hotkeys for all micro heroes which is 1=hero, 2=all other units, 3=hero and all other units. Works for most heroes with summons.

I've never used a micro hero before aside from Enigma's Eidelons, so never really had to make a setup for it.

Only played one bot match with Druid and was just using the mouse to choose him/bear/both, either by clicking on them, or their icons. Putting that stuff on the keyboard will hopefully make things a little easier, last thing you want in a teamfight is to fanny about clicking on tiny little icons :p

The basic strategy if my hotkeys were the same as yours would be to control the bear, 1, abilities, 2, autoattack, wait for cooldowns to end, 1, abilities, 2 etc, right?

edit: Ha, I thought those bird noises were coming from outside my window :D

inkls

:(

I've never used a micro hero before aside from Enigma's Eidelons, so never really had to make a setup for it.

Only played one bot match with Druid and was just using the mouse to choose him/bear/both, either by clicking on them, or their icons. Putting that stuff on the keyboard will hopefully make things a little easier, last thing you want in a teamfight is to fanny about clicking on tiny little icons :p

The basic strategy if my hotkeys were the same as yours would be to control the bear, 1, abilities, 2, autoattack, wait for cooldowns to end, 1, abilities, 2 etc, right?

you can also use tab to switch between him and the bear. Using tab can also be used to switch between enigma and his eidolons btw

rezuth

The new PL is so fucking retarded

He makes illusions so fast that even of you have insane wave clear he INSTANTLY has a new set smashing you

Plus Dopplewalk being a purge is so stupid. Nothing can counter him and he can purge all your BS in lane

He should only make 3 or 4 illusions. 8 is RETARDED

Counter pick something that wrecks illusions, get an item that wrecks illusions, get an item to lock him down, get a chase item. EZ

Yep, that's what I mostly use, too. I'm 99% satisfied.

Is there some practical way to use this setup as default but still set custom groups in-game using the same keys? Maybe using console configs to toggle hotkey settings? For some reason Elder Titan's spirit doesn't count as a unit, so I have to redo my hotkeys to set it to 2. Brewmaster, Meepo and Chen need 3+ groups and I feel like there's some other hero that has me frantically changing settings during a match because I forgot my default setup doesn't work.

Pratfall

Yep, that's what I mostly use, too. I'm 99% satisfied.

Is there some practical way to use this setup as default but still set custom groups in-game using the same keys? Maybe using console configs to toggle hotkey settings? For some reason Elder Titan's spirit doesn't count as a unit, so I have to redo my hotkeys to set it to 2. Brewmaster, Meepo and Chen need 3+ groups and I feel like there's some other hero that has me frantically changing settings during a match because I forgot my default setup doesn't work.

This is the problem I have sometimes. Also beastmasters hawk.

abunai

Can anyone explain how Pros split their illusions so fast? Any tipps/tricks?

I'm not a pro but typically shift queueing and dexterity are all you need. I.E. get used to doing stuff fast and shift queue your hero so you can rotate your concentration.
It's sort of situational advice though, because shift queueing is perhaps better for picking up an illusion rune, but for using items like manta style it's better to quickly rotate through all hero/illusions with tab shift orders. I'm not at my desktop at home so I can't definitively check but if my hero is bound to 1 on the keyboard, using manta will have all illusions and my hero on 1 after usage, so it's just a case of:

<manta hotkey>
1, tab, click
tab, click
1, click

but i'm shit in the scheme of things, so maybe there's a better way. It's what I'm used to anyway.
crazy.gif

Can anyone explain how Pros split their illusions so fast? Any tipps/tricks?

I am no expert but I like to turn on the option to Auto Select New Units from settings and have a button to Select All Other Units (4)
If i activate an illusion rune,for example ,all units will be selected-> shift click in the general direction I am planning to go -> while we move I click 4-> shift move illusions to point A (click on mini map if you want, on a a creep camp) -> select one of the illusions manually and shift move it to point B

Anno

I think this Arteezy safe lane thing needs to stop. Everything about it just seems worse. Or at least put Fear into more of a do-shit hero. Seems like if you draft a Razor you should give it to probably the best Razor player on earth.

KingKong

I think this Arteezy safe lane thing needs to stop. Everything about it just seems worse. Or at least put Fear into more of a do-shit hero. Seems like if you draft a Razor you should give it to probably the best Razor player on earth.

gyro just sucks, especially against those heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom