• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feeling when you lose your team the game after being 2 full lanes of racks and 20k XP ahead

Been playing awful every game this weekend, think I need to take a break

Got a Dotabuff link of that game? Sounds unlosable.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1091750845

I honestly can't even explain what the hell I was doing that game, I kept using my Eul's at the worst times, like right after Pudge ulted Magnus which let him get away and then they team wiped us. Then we just fed several times and while they were pushing our base, I accidentally blinked at Magnus instead of using Eul's and got hooked by Pudge and then we all just repeatedly got caught in 5 man ults.

Honestly we deserved to lose it and a large part of it was me playing insanely bad

Feel like when I leave solo queue to play with friends I just completely lose my ability to play well, supposed to be teaching my friend the game definitely not showing a good example

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1091750845

I honestly can't even explain what the hell I was doing that game, I kept using my Eul's at the worst times, like right after Pudge ulted Magnus which let him get away and then they team wiped us. Then we just fed several times and while they were pushing our base, I accidentally blinked at Magnus instead of using Eul's and got hooked by Pudge and then we all just repeatedly got caught in 5 man ults.

Honestly we deserved to lose it and a large part of it was me playing insanely bad

Feel like when I leave solo queue to play with friends I just completely lose my ability to play well, supposed to be teaching my friend the game definitely not showing a good example

The other team had at least one smurf that doesn't help :(

bkb is trash now that you can't buy a new one

so that's why I'm boycotting bkb

maybe that guy feels the same

more power to him

plus he basically won anyway

Ok, i have to vent a little bit.
Played with a fucking kunkka ks-ing from minute one, he even came to the ancients to get the last hit on them. Talking all the fucking time on the mic, instructing people "go here, stay", you get them all!". Usually getting the team killed in the process.

Tries to lecture everyone what and what not to buy and dies during the last teamfight in the enemy base which we should have won but no he dived to get some kills.
He then talks about smoking creeps with dominator and when i finally start typing to shut him up i dont see a fucking void sneaking up from behind. God fucking damnit.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1091933217

Just saw they now have actual ads for the Starladder conpendium on random Twitch streams, ticket sales for this season seem pretty awful, just funny to see EG players in the ad considering they dropped out

Here's how you win with disruptor. Save your first skill point. Glimpse at level 1 is normally a shitty spell, but in the right situation it's going to be worth way more than the damage from Q or the control from E. He isn't too useful in lane, so go pull to get your early levels. Have a point in each skill at level 3, then max glimpse, then max E. The way you get easy kills with disruptor is using the travel time on glimpse to set up the ult/E combo. You'll see a little mark on the ground where the person is going to return. When you use your ult, you need to immediately E afterwards on the same exact spot. The radius for both skills are about the same, and the static storm will cover the entire circle.

The Q skill does shit damage but is hugely important because it gives vision. You use this vision to cast glimpse no matter how far away that person runs. Even if it's someone like antimage or qop, they can't blink far enough away to get out of glimpse's range when it has 3 or 4 points in it. Disruptor is one of the best heroes in the game at ganking these types of heroes. An easy way to know exactly where the opponent will return when using glimpse is to cast Q on them, and count the strikes in the animation. On the 3rd strike, they'll return to the place they were when you cast the Q on them.

E gives vision, so you can use it to deward a cliff in a pinch. Disruptor's entire skill set because useless once BKBs are out, so later on you want to be casting it on the supports or bkb-less carries. Unless you are using it to initiate by pulling someone back with glimpse or really need it to catch someone in the ult, try to save it if you can. It's an amazing spell for getting one more kill out of a successful team fight.

It can be a bit awkward at first because his skills take some foresight to use properly, but he's such a fun hero.

I've been trying to learn Disruptor for a bit, thanks for these tips!

Madouu

If you are notail, you can static storm before you glimpse at low kinetic field levels. (ult damage ticks increase with time).

Your first ult is a pretty big deal in pubs, as soon as you get 6 you should try to kill some high priority target, most int and agi heroes can be solo'd.

after coming back from a month-long break I'm just having bad losses all around, and on top of that I have no idea what I was doing incorrectly so maybe this rust is permanent

time to quit dota

BHK3

Banned
Ok, i have to vent a little bit.
Played with a fucking kunkka ks-ing from minute one, he even came to the ancients to get the last hit on them. Talking all the fucking time on the mic, instructing people "go here, stay", you get them all!". Usually getting the team killed in the process.

Tries to lecture everyone what and what not to buy and dies during the last teamfight in the enemy base which we should have won but no he dived to get some kills.
He then talks about smoking creeps with dominator and when i finally start typing to shut him up i dont see a fucking void sneaking up from behind. God fucking damnit.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1091933217

I never get why people always try to instruct others even while win-*checks game it's a loss*.

Yup, furthers my point, some people think they are fucking Julius Caesar and checking the guys profile his attitude doesn't seem to get him anywhere.

Madouu

I never get why people always try to instruct others even while win-*checks game it's a loss*.

Yup, furthers my point, some people think they are fucking Julius Caesar and checking the guys profile his attitude doesn't seem to get him anywhere.

The pudge in my last game feeds a slark 7 or 8 kills in as many minutes, then proceeds to sit back and point everyone's smallest mistakes in chat, you get people like that from time to time, the best thing to do is to mute if it's affecting your play. If they are in the same game as you and you are not in some ultra high mmr bracket, chances are they're about the same level as you and won't necessarily help you improve, probably just looking for something or someone to harp on to let off some of their frustration.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Aaand our Treant went AFK in the enemy jungle just getting enough experience to not get the afk abandon

Fuck I'm angrier at that then I am at anything in this game in a long time. I'm fucking Spectre, we might might might have turned things around. Even without him it took them 15 minutes to break our base

Aaand our Treant went AFK in the enemy jungle just getting enough experience to not get the afk abandon

Fuck I'm angrier at that then I am at anything in this game in a long time. I'm fucking Spectre, we might might might have turned things around. Even without him it took them 15 minutes to break our base

If I've learned anything about people from playing DOTA, success is meaningless unless you were directly responsible for it. Plenty of supports or mids abandon or otherwise give up on difficult games even though their carries aren't doing so badly

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess it's because it's a buff to hero regen, which isn't strictly healing since all you're doing is tweaking around stats.

Chris R

Had living armor and AA's ult in ability draft. Felt like I could play entire match from fountain after a certain point.

I had fun against a person who grabbed Light Strike Array, Alch bottle and perma invis.

Only problem they had was they grabbed those skills on Crystal Maiden. I dropped a sentry ward and rekt her slow squishy ass

Satch

Banned
i tried league that one time i couldnt get dota to work

it was the second worst thing that ever happened to me, the first being the passing of my grandmother

So, anyone putting some real effort into that steam auction thing? I turned a few crappy backgrounds into gems, then bought 7k more for like $4.50. I have 4 bids placed, and am currently in 10-40 in all 4 with bids of 1-2k.

Hoping to get Roller Coaster Tycoon, I am currently #10 with a bid of 2.5k

How can you see the top bids? it only shows the highest one for me

Chris R

Seriously, give me Peruvians and Brazilians over the Pinoys who've been shitting up USW lately. At least the South Americans try to play the game and attempt to win. No fucking idea how a phantom lancer dies 11 times and gets outfarmed/outhit by a pure support abadon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom