• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madouu

Both are good players, maybe cyborgmatt will give us more details but I would guess they weren't getting along as well anymore with fly for some reason.

Based on the official statement, I'm guessing Fly's playstyle just wasn't cohesive with the rest of the team. Makes some sense, I think.

On the contrary. It's not what you have to say, it's the way you say things that matter. A lesson most young people seem to take quite awhile to learn. It's like, the most basic lesson of leadership. You can be right and nobody will give a fuck because your delivery was ill-conceived and belligerent. Both of them have a communication style that will lose them more friends than it wins them. It comes off as looking down their nose at others when discussing the play or decision-making of others. As if they don't both regularly fuck up themselves.
Dreams is right.

Have you read EE's AMA? If it was any other celebrity or public figure what some of.his replies would already be in the papers.

I get it. Some of you want him to 'keep it real' but basic politeness and choosing the right words to say is the difference between a good leader and just a regular schmuck.

Take a gander on how Puppey responds for example. Tough, fair, and in no way seems to look down to people he replies to.

Dreams is right.

Have you read EE's AMA? If it was any other celebrity or public figure what some of.his replies would already be in the papers.

I get it. Some of you want him to 'keep it real' but basic politeness and choosing the right words to say is the difference between a good leader and just a regular schmuck.

Take a gander on how Puppey responds for example. Tough, fair, and in no way seems to look down to people he replies to.

That's all great, but Dreams was talking about Aui. Who doesn't give answers that "would already be in the papers".

That's all great, but Dreams was talking about Aui. Who doesn't give answers that "would already be in the papers".

It's the same. Look how Puppey and Kuro analyse and explain. That's how it's supposed to be.

I don't really hate Aui though, I think he's fine but he needs to learn better on how to cast.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Played QOP for the first time and got rekt by a storm spirit. His first two kills were on me were very close (<50 hp) but afterwards the game just completely went out of my hands. Glad I was playing in a group otherwise I could have just imagined the flaming I would have gotten for going 2-13.

Mid lane is by far my worst/most inexperienced lane but it's nice to have such obvious goals to work forward to.

This all hero challenge has been somewhat painful but I've learned a lot so far.

It's the same. Look how Puppey and Kuro analyse and explain. That's how it's supposed to be.

I don't really hate Aui though, I think he's fine but he needs to learn better on how to cast.

the reason people dislike EE and the reason dream gave for disliking Aui are most certainly not the same lol.
Played QOP for the first time and got rekt by a storm spirit. His first two kills were on me were very close (<50 hp) but afterwards the game just completely went out of my hands. Glad I was playing in a group otherwise I could have just imagined the flaming I would have gotten for going 2-13.

Mid lane is by far my worst/most inexperienced lane but it's nice to have such obvious goals to work forward to.

This all hero challenge has been somewhat painful but I've learned a lot so far.

I hate being mid for this reason. So many many snowball heroes and so many small but easy-to-punish mistakes.

inkls

I can check your replay and give you some input. Storm is on of my fav hero so I'm interested in seeing what he did.

G-Unit

So this was me playing an earth spirit on a gaf stack http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1096143358

97VP

Satch

Banned
troll whorelord >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I can check your replay and give you some input. Storm is on of my fav hero so I'm interested in seeing what he did.

I'll have to take you on your offer when my mistakes weren't so glaringly obvious. Horrible CS, whiffed my ult many times, awkward positioning, getting greedy for aoe damage and dying/missing everything, etc. I'm seriously expecting to see myself on a Dota fails video soon.

Would love to add more people on Steam though (username is Flux with same avatar for anyone wanting to play/talk).

When I start to get those games where I feel like I did everything right and need some perspective I'll be asking. Thank you so much for your offer, love this thread :)

If you really want it still, here it is http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1096125716

inkls

I'll have to take you on your offer when my mistakes weren't so glaringly obvious. Horrible CS, whiffed my ult many times, awkward positioning, getting greedy for aoe damage and dying/missing everything, etc. I'm seriously expecting to see myself on a Dota fails video soon.

Would love to add more people on Steam though (username is Flux with same avatar for anyone wanting to play/talk).

When I start to get those games where I feel like I did everything right and need some perspective I'll be asking. Thank you so much for your offer, love this thread :)

That storm had a rapier. I will check out that game regardless of how glaringly obvious you say your mistakes were. It will be a good watch. Will write down stuff I noticed later.

the reason people dislike EE and the reason dream gave for disliking Aui are most certainly not the same lol.

I hate being mid for this reason. So many many snowball heroes and so many small but easy-to-punish mistakes.
Really? Because he said both so I figured it was about Aui and Ee.

Nevertheless, we need less volatile spokespersons in Dota.

Madouu

Even the best players regularly make very big execution mistakes in their games, don't be so down on yourself, stay positive and keep trying to improve.

Both are good players, maybe cyborgmatt will give us more details but I would guess they weren't getting along as well anymore with fly for some reason.
Like any successful team it's about the motivation and mentality.

These guys want to win TI5 and will do anything in their power that they feel is required to achieve that goal.

Acinixys

No way

I will ALWAYS take mid unless I know someone else in my team is better.

Mid Necro is free wins all day every day this patch. And he didnt even get nerfed .

They only hero I refuse to go mid vs is Shadow Fiend

Because fuck that cancerous POS

Night_Hand

Neo Member
No way

Mid Necro is free wins all day every day this patch. And he didnt even get nerfed .

Do you ever say

"mid or i feed cyka"

sixghost

No way

I tried mid necro once after seeing rtz do it repeatedly on stream and got shit on. His animation is so bad :(

Acinixys

I tried mid necro once after seeing rtz do it repeatedly on stream and got shit on. His animation is so bad :(

His attack animation isnt really that bad once you get use to it

Hes pretty fun to play and as soon as you hit 6 its a guaranteed kill every minute or so with his ulti

His core items are Mek and Blink

From there its all gravy

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there any way to buy those perfect world items other than, you know, BEING in China?

The new luckbox items will hopefully be on the store flat out in a new limited time chest, I think there is going to be a good bit of hype behind the Dota Asian Championship that Perfect World is doing and won't limit the items from that event.

I hope Valve lets us keep some of these Teleport and Blink effects permanently.

Qvoth

is it a good idea to use my treasure tokens on this new treasure chest? still haven't used mine from when valve took out battle boosters

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
is it a good idea to use my treasure tokens on this new treasure chest? still haven't used mine from when valve took out battle boosters

I'm still hording mine, they don't expire and I don't think Valve is ever going to reduce the chest selection you can get with them.

Wok

Do you think Vladimir would work on an Anti-Mage with Diffusal Blades, now that DB is not a UAM anymore?

Aselith

Even though it turned out to be a fairly easy win, this is probably one of my favorite games ever. I love super aggressive play and it's pretty rare for everyone to be on the same page. Our top lane is just like 20 minutes of motherfuckers FIGHTING. Ganks going all the time, movement all over the map. Fucking fun as shit :)

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1096554672

inkls

Winter Wyvern

The progress on Winter Wyvern has shot up in this patch, the hero now has a complete set of strings in game, a hero entry in the NPC data files and particles.

Wyvern particle effects also added, believe.

im assuming it has to do with her movement speed and base int

6.84 - Crystal maiden now has 300 base damage

"wth! cm so slow, so bad"

simba > misery but I guess maybe misery will train harder or something

does this mean notail will play offlane?

and the cm buffs don't really fix her problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom