• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Hylian, just ignore your team if they are idiots and worry about your self.

hUwvFFL.png

Normally, I would agree with you.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Queen of Pain win vs a Pudge. Very, very easy win. First Dota game in a while that ended before 30 minutes.

Went for a level 1 bounty rune rather than creep blocking. Seems okay to go for it in solo q where early ganks on mid are pretty rare. Put a single point into blink at level 1, maxed E and then Q. Seemed to work out fine. I wonder if there are any situations in which one would max e, one point q+w and then put points into stats.

Solo Q all pick on US West has been very, very quiet for me lately. Whether a game is a stomp or close 50+ minute match people have been very quiet lately. I seem to have stumbled across some MMR heaven where we all realize we're bad but all just want to improve.

Luna and Huskar up next both who I typically do well with.

sixghost

Is maxing shuriken by level 8 or 9 a legit build on bounty now? You can easily get multiple tracks off in a teamfight now which plays into the shuriken bounce change from a patch or two ago.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Is maxing shuriken by level 8 or 9 a legit build on bounty now? You can easily get multiple tracks off in a teamfight now which plays into the shuriken bounce change from a patch or two ago.

How are you gonna have the mana for all those tracks?

Hylian7

Anti-Mage is absolutely fucking useless. So is the rest of the team. What a surprise.

hx9Yvxl.png

When you go builds like this, what the fuck do you expect.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Those cosmetics are the real tragedy here.

Vanilla Anti-Mage = best Anti-Mage.

Madouu

I don't know why I stopped playing Magnus for so long, hero is really fun.

I think so, track two or three people and then shuriken a target that is not tracked will do a lot of damage. It was pretty decent even before the buffs.

Acinixys

That gets super hard when your trilane is feeding like crazy. It's sort of working, but only sort of, they still double our kills.

Trilanes never work in pubs

Almost every game where my team wants to trilane they feed the solo offlane like 6 kills and then blame mid/ the offlane for failing

ViviOggi

Trilanes are indeed hard for publords but what I've noticed the most in my range from 4-5k depending on who I'm playing with is absurd hyperfeed on the offlane every single game. Idiot randoms will go full retard no matter whether they're playing the best offlane heroes in the game or doing a shitty dual lane with their friend, it always results in disasters of 1 kpm (kill per minute) for the opponent's farmer, and they never stop dying. When the level difference is 3+ they'll come to other lanes, either sitting around for minutes sapping xp or executing braindead tower dives to make sure not only their own lane is fed sufficiently. All of this while collecitvely blaming mid for not enough ganks (which is being harassed and rune controlled at all times by at least one support who is free to do this due to their safe lane being such a joke).

This is what loses me the most games by far which is why I try taking the offlane myself when I'm playing solo, but I'm the best farmer in my stacks so I'm usually playing safelane doing my best to offset the constant feeding of the opponent carry.

ZeroX03

Banned
"High skill bracket", get a Lone Druid with Shadow Blade and a Juggernaut who rushes Refresher. No Scepter or anything else. New patch blues.

Probably one of the best games I played this month.
I first picked ember and then teammates picked voker,pudge,sf and riki.
I was very sure we were gonna lose just looking at our lineup.
Surprisingly riki and sf said they would go support.
Game was good. Huge props to sf and esp riki, always helping me shutting down tinker on mid lane.
ktr3K8J.png

So is it worth playing Jugg as primarily a right-clicker now instead of an ultbot? That is very high starting AGI (although not tremendous scaling)

That's what I do. Go invis > jinada > invis at lvl 3, this allows you to harass (walk up to enemy, pop invis and immediately hit during the fade time for free bonus damage, walk away) and last hit better, then max shuriken as you need the damage for kills. Once you've got lvl 6, boots and a bottle, leave the lane and roam all lanes/the jungle to get paid.

Those cosmetics are the real tragedy here.

Vanilla Anti-Mage = best Anti-Mage.

Almost, but I like this combination bettter. I'm a sucker for assymetrical weapons.

Skab

So, stupid question. Do I have to do something to turn the snow map on? Because mine is still the standard not-winter themed one.

Tenck

Holy fuck at Juggernaut now. Can bully people out of a lane quite easily now.

Not like it was difficult before, but now it's even easier.

Edit:
So, stupid question. Do I have to do something to turn the snow map on? Because mine is still the standard not-winter themed one.

In Languages option you'll see on the bottom "Themed map." Click on that and you're good to go.

Skab

Holy fuck at Juggernaut now. Can bully people out of a lane quite easily now.

Not like it was difficult before, but now it's even easier.

Edit:

In Languages option you'll see on the bottom "Themed map." Click on that and you're good to go.

Note: Options only exist for Normal Matches.

Ah, yeah, apparently the map isn't played on in Ranked, which is what was throwing me off.

Thanks guys!

Razzer

Yeap.

C9 has been banned from S3 due to their "unjustified" withdrawal from S2. SNA isn't available to replace so Chinese division has more spots.

That's basically the gist of the news along with some discussion about the communication with C9 & problems with their flight payments.

So really the withdrawal excuse is bullshit and they are banning them because C9 are standing up for themselves over the flight stuff EE mentioned and their general treatment. Cool.

Acinixys

So solo mid Lina is pretty good with her buffs

Ive played her mid a few times before but the extra little bit of damage from her spells is very noticeable and makes farming mid much easier

Plus her crazy 900 attack ranged makes it SO easy to harass. You can auto attack from one side of the river to the other

I missed a few kills due to misjudging the euls timing though. I swear theyve changed it :/

ZeroX03

Banned
Me and two GAFers got rekt by a Warlock who rushed Aghs before buying anything including boots lmao:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1097844008

17 mins in he had 1 item in his inventory and that was an Aghs. I'm the Tiny, Dazzle and Tide are GAFers.

I can see that working in a pub just by the numbers the AGHS components give early on. This Juggernaut would go out, ult someone, walk back to base, heal up and Refresher and go out and ult again. Nevermind that this would usually take longer than 70 seconds so AGHS would have been better in every conceivable way if he wanted to rely on ult but this guy wouldn't listen.

Ended the first night of new patch at 0-4. Not a great start!

sephi22

The Malicious Sting set for Shadow Demon should a wider release in the next day or two from Perfect World (Something about getting 1900 points in some program they are testing) not too sure how that will translate into being put on the steam market, but if you want it look out for it on the market for the next 2 or 3 days. I think it looks cool.

Cosmetic_icon_Malicious_Sting.png
Its on the market for $2.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom