• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Ditto. Every one of my teammates today has been wearing a blindfold.

We ended up wining the game so I'm happy.

Might have gone differently if I didn't build armlet.

What should I get after treads/urn on Night Stalker when I'm 10-0 at 15:00 :( Armlet just didn't seem worth it other than once or twice using it to toggle/save my life.

We ended up wining the game so I'm happy.

Might have gone differently if I didn't build armlet.

What should I get after treads/urn on Night Stalker when I'm 10-0 at 15:00 :( Armlet just didn't seem worth it other than once or twice using it to toggle/save my life.

Armlet damage is pretty obscene early on. You probably could've gone basher -> SnY

Falk

that puzzling face
But seriously BKB is a very decent choice for NS because the only reason lone squishies get away mid-game is a disable or two.

xanavi

It's been so long since IHL2 was first teased that there's no way could ever live up to my expectations now. Just rename it to IHL3 and start over.

TUSR

Banned
It's with great regret that I must inform the DotA2 thread that Artanisix, also known as Milkman, also known as ellen pudge, has messaged me telling me that he has no intentions of following through with IHL2 because he doesn't feel as though there was enough interest from posters here. He was planning on going through with IHL2 if he had received at least 30 GAF PMs but he apparently only received about 10, which he feels means there wouldn't be enough in the league to retain players. Given that Artanisix made a blood oath to do this once Phoenix was put into CM I am giving him one final chance to organize IHL2 in a timely manner before he gets a severe punishment for breaking this promise. In order to convince him that there's enough interest, I need every poster who is interested in IHL2 to PM him, both on GAF and on Steam daily. This will prove to him that there is, in fact, enough interest for a good league.

If Artanisix still refuses to post concrete details for IHL2 including rules and a starting date (and it must begin in January, obviously it's the holiday season now) by 11:59:59 PM Central Standard Time, Sunday, December 21st 2014 AD his GAF account will bear the consequences of this transgression.

im a bit late to this, but i thought the previous thread title was actually a joke

TheRed

I'm interested in some fun competition, so I may send a pm. The majority of my dota is solo queue, it would be nice to play with some gaffers for a change.

Aselith

ND7oS65.png

I am legitimately hyperventilating right now.

So many of these games have been so close but were stolen from my hands. The last one was a literal base race and we lost because of glyph.

I am cursed.

What kind of build are you doing and how do you spec him?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
There's still so much residual salt left over from IHL1 that we don't even need IHL2.

the dunnings-krueger is real: ihl, mm, unranked, ranked, doesn't matter

ihl 1 was a player draft where mumblegaf was pretty much split 50/50 every game yet people still have the audacity to blame their losses on balance. in dota you fucking lose some games, and sometimes it's going to be a stomp even among the most even of teams, get fucking over it.

that is all

TheRed

ND7oS65.png

I am legitimately hyperventilating right now.

So many of these games have been so close but were stolen from my hands. The last one was a literal base race and we lost because of glyph.

I am cursed.

Lifestealer is still one of my fave carries I always do good with him. This is just like how I can't win with axe at all for my challenge, have lost like 10 games with him. No matter how good I do my team just lets me down and it's really hard to win when axe is the only one doing well. But I didn't play all 10 of those games consecutively cuz that would drive me insane lol. My friend calls it the curse of Axe when I choose to play him.

Madouu

the dunnings-krueger is real: ihl, mm, unranked, ranked, doesn't matter

I'm just not sure if you guys are trying to organize ihl2 or if it's just a joke. Anyway If it's a thing, my dota group would probably join and if there's need of help let me know.

Quilt

Neo Member
I'm just not sure if you guys are trying to organize ihl2 or if it's just a joke. Anyway If it's a thing, my dota group would probably join and if there's need of help let me know.

Ok I just PMed Artanisix, if it's a joke I was in on it if anyone asks.

Also have a small group of people I play regularly with who I'm pretty sure would be interested in playing.

hero is ass

He really is, and it seems like everytime I try to play him "properly" (farm the lane, try to get kills with the slow, don't be greedy with item choices and contribute early) my team just collectively self-destructs, but when I just afk jungle for 30 minutes I always win.

It just shows what kind of skill bracket I'm in and it always makes me sad.

ZeroX03

Banned
Bad streak so far on new patch. Had a 100 minute loss.

teach me how to death prophet pls

What are you having trouble with? Pretty easy hero. Euls is ridiculous on her so I rush it most of the time. Using it on yourself is often the best option. Then either build into bulky items (Bloodstone/Heart/BKB/Shivas) or disable (Hex) as the team requires. I also prefer BoT over Phase and tend to focus on Euls before upgrading boots. Make sure you hit the ranged creep once before blasting a wave and you should be guaranteed at least two last hits. Silence is an insane disable that you should spam constantly in team fights. Use Exorcism sooner rather than later so it can heal you. Melt towers.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

there ain't no "you guys," milk promised it, milk's organizing it :D. shoot him any messages about helping or joining. and no, it's not a joke; the only joke has been how hard milkman has tried to avoid delivering on his promises

Lifestealer is still one of my fave carries I always do good with him. This is just like how I can't win with axe at all for my challenge, have lost like 10 games with him. No matter how good I do my team just lets me down and it's really hard to win when axe is the only one doing well. But I didn't play all 10 of those games consecutively cuz that would drive me insane lol. My friend calls it the curse of Axe when I choose to play him.

It's hard to win with axe because he falls off so hard in late game.

In pubs I like to build mek+pipe+maybe vlads or AC if I can get the farm on him after blink just so I can contribute to pushes late game with auras and sustain.
Today I built manta (they had silencer and orchid AND undying with totem) , mek, skadi and shivas on him, the manta was pretty fun since illusions spin for full damage so the area around the undying tombstone was basically a blender.
We won hard (not that I can take credit, our qwop was snowballing super hard,but at least I felt like I had impact in teamfights all the way till the end)

I don't like building blademail or even aghs on him at all.
I also much prefer using him to counter initiate than to initiate, the latter just gets you killed over and over which makes you feed all that early lead gold/exp you build up in early game once mid game hits.
That's the biggest problem with playing axe imo, not feeding the enemies your killstreaks and high level exp once you start to fall off...
Because suddenly you're a lvl 20 hero who doesn't do shit worth of dmg anymore (spin sucks ass once people get some armor and hp) who then feeds enemy support 3 levels upon dying...

Building a lot of stats (hp and mana) and/or a lot of movement speed make him more fun to play than just the blink call spin chop oom build with 350 ms

He really is, and it seems like everytime I try to play him "properly" (farm the lane, try to get kills with the slow, don't be greedy with item choices and contribute early) my team just collectively self-destructs, but when I just afk jungle for 30 minutes I always win.

It just shows what kind of skill bracket I'm in and it always makes me sad.

AFK farming isn't that great either because most Agi carries outcarry him as well as Sven (and possibly Tiny? Not sure though). He's fairly good mid game but just too easy to kite. :/

All Hero Challenge?

Yes. Otherwise I would have moved on a while ago. I'm almost halfway through and this has been the toughest challenge for me so far. Most others I have lost 2-3 games before winning.

What kind of build are you doing and how do you spec him?

I have tried a few different things. Tried both jungle and lane. Sometimes Armlet, sometimes not. Usually it's Phase > Sange & Yasha > Basher > whatever else I can get my hands on. Most games don't go long enough to matter. But last game I was armed to the teeth with Heart, Abyssal, AC, all that... just got ran over by a really fed Weaver.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
nonsense

buy a euls and he has a black hole
buy a force staff and he has a lasso

two of the best abilities in the game all in one hero!

That is one of the best suggestions/information I have seen in a while, not many know that Berserkers call cannot be blocked by magic immunity (just like Black Hole) and fail to realize its true potential as a mass disabling skill which can be taken at lvl 1 (edit: and still be extremely useful at end game).

TheCrow

If IHL2 actually goes ahead I'm sure I could help put up some prizes or something if that would motivate more people to play it.

I will donate my spot in the madden league. The cowboys can be yours! You think dota is full of salt, you aint seen nothing.

oh god why do i keep playing that shit game.
hex.gif

Smithy C

Just played a game with a Death Prophet that built Desolator. Thinking about it, this sounds good, like you could just eat buildings in seconds, but we kind of got fucked.

I want to make it work.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah as the other two pointed out, AC is much better than Desolator. It's not like you really need the -armor for buildings considering how hard she hits, it'd be better for fights anyway.

BraXzy

Is there a treasure I can buy that I can actually use a Gift Wrap on ffs? I've bought 3 different ones and they all say untradable until Dev 26.

Acinixys

I mean...get AC...aura...all enemies de-buffed.
Deso sounds like a dumb idea.

Can we please talk about Desolator for a second

4100 Gold
+60 damage
-7 armor to enemies on attack

VS

Medallion
1200 Gold
+ 7 armor for you
Active gives an enemy -7 or an ally +7 armor for 7 secs
+
Demon Edge