• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoli

Can we please talk about Desolator for a second

4100 Gold
+60 damage
-7 armor to enemies on attack

VS

Medallion
1200 Gold
+ 7 armor for you
Active gives an enemy -7 or an ally +7 armor for 7 secs
+
Demon Edge
2400 Gold
+46 damage

So 3600 gold vs 4100

Plus im sure the -7 armor adds at least 20 damage

Thoughts?

Why not buy a medallion and the DM for max efficiency

Slots are important, and you can potentially get the armour debuff on more people with deso.

Can we please talk about Desolator for a second

4100 Gold
+60 damage
-7 armor to enemies on attack

VS

Medallion
1200 Gold
+ 7 armor for you
Active gives an enemy -7 or an ally +7 armor for 7 secs
+
Demon Edge
2400 Gold
+46 damage

So 3600 gold vs 4100

Plus im sure the -7 armor adds at least 20 damage

Thoughts?

MoC has a cooldown, can only be active on one person and reduces your own armor too.

Deso can be on multiple enemies and works on structures.

and of course, 1 slot vs 2 slots.

P.S. The new MoC is dope.

Sanjay

It's with great regret that I must inform the DotA2 thread that Artanisix, also known as Milkman, also known as ellen pudge, has messaged me telling me that he has no intentions of following through with IHL2 because he doesn't feel as though there was enough interest from posters here. He was planning on going through with IHL2 if he had received at least 30 GAF PMs but he apparently only received about 10, which he feels means there wouldn't be enough in the league to retain players. Given that Artanisix made a blood oath to do this once Phoenix was put into CM I am giving him one final chance to organize IHL2 in a timely manner before he gets a severe punishment for breaking this promise. In order to convince him that there's enough interest, I need every poster who is interested in IHL2 to PM him, both on GAF and on Steam daily. This will prove to him that there is, in fact, enough interest for a good league.

If Artanisix still refuses to post concrete details for IHL2 including rules and a starting date (and it must begin in January, obviously it's the holiday season now) by 11:59:59 PM Central Standard Time, Sunday, December 21st 2014 AD his GAF account will bear the consequences of this transgression.

I just had a word with Artanisix agent and he said it would be nice if he got some help from other gaffers with making it happen.

So if any talented guys here, just PM your CV and what you can help with, would be very helpful.

He also mentioned that Kirby and Hylian should PM him about coming on board, something about science stuff.

Supports get the medallion, that's why.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
What problems do you have with her specifically?

Never played her before but she's up next in my all hero challenge. I try to watch a lot of Merlini and Purge but sometimes I like to hear what other people have to say on here or on the hero discussion threads on reddit.

Vade

It's with great regret that I must inform the DotA2 thread that Artanisix, also known as Milkman, also known as ellen pudge, has messaged me telling me that he has no intentions of following through with IHL2 because he doesn't feel as though there was enough interest from posters here. He was planning on going through with IHL2 if he had received at least 30 GAF PMs but he apparently only received about 10, which he feels means there wouldn't be enough in the league to retain players. Given that Artanisix made a blood oath to do this once Phoenix was put into CM I am giving him one final chance to organize IHL2 in a timely manner before he gets a severe punishment for breaking this promise. In order to convince him that there's enough interest, I need every poster who is interested in IHL2 to PM him, both on GAF and on Steam daily. This will prove to him that there is, in fact, enough interest for a good league.

If Artanisix still refuses to post concrete details for IHL2 including rules and a starting date (and it must begin in January, obviously it's the holiday season now) by 11:59:59 PM Central Standard Time, Sunday, December 21st 2014 AD his GAF account will bear the consequences of this transgression.

I still cannot tell if this is a troll or real, some matrix level shit here.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
icefrog please delete cancer lancer (all cancer/illusion heroes in fact) from the game.

simply not fun to play against.

G.ZZZ

Because slots and timings are what matter more for Deso. Not that it's a particularly good item. And Medallion now costing more but giving allies armor too is so good imho. Problem is supports are absurdly starved for slots right now, having to go around with wards + sentries + tp + boots you basically have only 2 free slots for items.
For that reason i'd really like to have:

Peasant's pouch 300 g
Give you a secondary stash usable anywhere on the map. In said stash however you can only place consumables (wards, sentries, pots, tangos, clarities, scrolls, dusts, smokes).

This item don't do much for carries since they usually only carry TP from those, but for supports it would be so good having only 1 slot used for all of those.

Alternatively make Tranquils boots do that for an higher price tag since it doesn't have an active right now.

Also this: Death Insurance scroll.

Death Insurance Scroll 100g
Last 4 minutes in your inventary.
If you die while you have it, Death insurance scroll is destroyed and you gain 200g.

This would be so much fun lol. In general i'd like to see more and more creative consummables like WC3 had:

Scroll of Summons (naruto copyrighted) 100g
Summon 2 controllable melee creeps on use (do not count for backdoor protection), which last 60s. 2 mins cd item in shop. (this would be insane for Lycan for example)

Scroll of Purge 100g
Purge a target, then slow it and deal 50 damage if it's enemy(600 range). 2 mins cd in shop. (early game gank item + lategame stun/sheep remover on allies)

Scroll of Pain 100g
Ministun a target and disable hp regeneration for 10 seconds (600 range). 2 mins cd in shop. (anti-tp if you got no tp stopper + good against heroes like DK, Huskar, Alche,
Slark, Timber etc...)

Scroll of Endurance 100g
Target unit gain 5% movement speed bonus and 5 armor for 10 seconds (600 range). 2 mins cd in shop. (for early game skirmishes, 5 armor and 5% movement speed bonus can be crucial)

Scroll of Wisdom 100g
Gain 15% more exp for 60 seconds. 2 mins cd on shop. (want that fast lvl 6-11-16 on a support? Got a big stack to clear? Get this).

Scroll of Vision 100g
Gain unobstructed vision for 60 seconds. 2 mins cd on shop. (couple with smoke for amazing ganks)

Scroll of Silence 100g
Silence a target for 5 seconds. 600 Cast range, 2 mins cd on shop. (fuck blinkers etc)

Scroll of Inscriptions 100g
Use it on a rune to copy it on the scroll (don't destroy the rune). Has the effect of the rune when used. 2 mins cd on shop. (useful for more roaming supports)

Make supports more fun, give them more options, more things to do. Smoke was a good addition, but there could be so many more. You want to babysit people and make them feel safer early? Buy a of scroll of endurance or purge to disable stuns if you play against heavy-stun heroes. You want to jungle a bit during downtimes and/or push faster a T1 tower? Buy a scroll of summons. Wanna maximize your xp income while you babysit, need that fast lvl 6 as a support? get a scroll of wisdom. Wanna gank better earlier? Scroll of Purge + smoke. Playing against an high regen hero or needing a TP stopper for a gank? Take a scroll of Pain. Wanna go smokegank better? Scroll of vision + smoke are really good for getting better engages. Wanna gank a pesky blinker? Scroll of silence . Etc... The 2 mins cd assure those wouldn't be abused (think about stacking Scroll of purges on supports to remove infinite stuns from your carry for example).
Yeah i'm aware most of those are really situational, but they'd be fun for supports, assuming the peasant pouch or something similar like a scroll bookcase were implemented to avoid clutter of inventory space.

Or you could have an hero based on creating items, with abilities: create scroll (choose which one), create potions (create new several dumb potions), a passive (increase duration of created things etc...), and an ultimate create any item (only 1 at a time, last 1-2-4 mins, 2 mins cd). There's no need to pay me Icefraud
77B118AFDB31BC909425B8B8C43E287A5B9FB599

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Death Insurance Scroll 100g
Last 4 minutes in your inventary.
If you die while you have it, Death insurance scroll is destroyed and you gain 200g.

Scroll of Wisdom 100g
Gain 15% more exp for 60 seconds. 2 mins cd on shop. (want that fast lvl 6-11-16 on a support? Got a big stack to clear? Get this).

Scroll of Inscriptions 100g
Use it on a rune to copy it on the scroll (don't destroy the rune). Has the effect of the rune when used. 2 mins cd on shop. (useful for more roaming supports)

While kind of interesting I think the addition of those scrolls as a whole would just turn the game into a giant death ball, bleh. The above 3 would be completely game breaking and are terrible.

manfestival

★ ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸¸ . ...somewhere ° ☾ ° ¸. ● ¸ . ★ ° :. . • ° . * :. . ¸ .☾ . ● ¸ . ★ ° . • ○ ° ★ . * . ☾ ° ¸. ...in a parallel universe* ● ¸ ° ☾ °☆ . * ¸. ★ ★ ° . . . ☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★°★ . * . . ¸. * ● ¸ . ...Team Tinker ° ☾ ★ °● ¸ . ★ ° :. . • ○ ° ★. ● . ° ☾ °° . * :. . ¸ . ● ¸ * . ...Has fans and wins a game ☾ ° ¸. ● ¸ . ★ ° :. . • °

Akim

Banned
So I got into the Heroes of the Storm technical alpha. Played one game...

no last hits
no denies
shared exp
buying heroes

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GorillaJu

Sunsfan and Syn completely underestimating the Bloodseeker nerf. If you cast Bloodrage on yourself and blademail, you're taking increased dmg but not reflecting that back out. It completely destroys the usefulness of blademail on Bloodseeker.

Demoli

Sunsfan and Syn completely underestimating the Bloodseeker nerf. If you cast Bloodrage on yourself and blademail, you're taking increased dmg but not reflecting that back out. It completely destroys the usefulness of blademail on Bloodseeker.

I thik you reflect the amped damage, but before lets say you were hit by a 100 damage hit. It would amp to 150 taken damage, but then you'd reflect 225 damage cause it would amp it AGAIN, since technically the damage taken and damage dealt instances were different. So now it only Amps it once.

I think. Kinda speculating here.

Night_Hand

Neo Member

I think it was changed because it was amped twice. Blademail not as strong as it was last patch

EDIT: What this guy said ^^^^^

G.ZZZ

Yeah but think about it, s4 could be running around with 6 haste runes in his inventory.

Best gaming.

Also not sure about the BS change. So basically, you don't amp damage with the "no reflect" clausole, meaning before you had:

If you cast BR on self:
Take 100 damage: said damage get amped to 150.
Reflect 150 damage and since it's damage, get amped to 225.

Instead now:

If you cast BR on self:
Take 100 damage: said damage get amped to 150.
Reflect 150 and since it's blademail damage with the "no reflection" clausole, it remain 150 and not amped to 225.

If BR is casted on enemy, it's the same because their incoming damage get amped, but not the reflected one, so again 100 damage become 150 reflected instead of 225.

So yeah it's a significant nerf and i don't have idea how to play that hero tbh.

singsing's heroes aren't great in current meta, don't know why people hate on pajkatt for realising it

the only game tt won was where singsing played pugna

singsing's heroes aren't great in current meta, don't know why people hate on pajkatt for realising it

the only game tt won was where singsing played pugna

yes, lets put sing on venge instead while picking viper almost every game.
I agree that sings hero pool is not up to date but the state with PJ clearly had communication issues and selfishness.

Chris R

This Tinkerino draft smdh

Position 2 Warlock or Critshaker or Lion, take your pick

hint, it won't fucking matter, game over before 25 min

Tinker seem like they could be good

But they play shit 90% of the time and lose

Because no really experienced player and no 5. Also I still think Bulba is useless almost every game(Qojqva sometimes). Time for Sing to find a better team in which he can play mid every game so you don't get these role switching shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom