• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

How does this even work? So people with no PF can queue like beggars hoping for someone with a PF to show up?

Bad7667

Valve hates SF confirmed. Nothing cool at all for SF arcana and it was more money.

Edit: What does this mean? A hint to something?

"Time is a peculiar thing. One must never underestimate what they may be capable of setting in motion, or setting out of motion."

Quesa

Q: WHAT GAME MODES CAN CONTRACTS BE ISSUED DURING?
Any game created through Unranked Matchmaking, not including Bot Matches.

Does this mean you could just go into the 1v1 mode and complete contracts/matches much more quickly?

xanavi

So you don't even need to play with the PA arcana until Dec.7 to level it up. That's great news if you only play all random.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want to see Oracle him self show up on his list of Nemesises

Does this mean you could just go into the 1v1 mode and complete contracts/matches much more quickly?

You can try, though likely PA won't show up on the list, and there is a decent chance both players will pick PA.

Quesa

I want to see Oracle him self show up on his list of Nemesises

You can try, though likely PA won't show up on the list, and there is a decent chance both players will pick PA.

True. Can you talk with your opponent before picking to set something up, though? Never played the mode myself.

DarkKyo

Something I've been thinking about: Legion Commander's Arcana was released before all of her user-created sets. This means that the artists could apply certain masks to the textures in order to make them Arcana-compatible(for example you could make gems glow with torrents of energy/fire flowing through them). However PA's Arcana was made after multiple PA sets have been released, so none of those are going to have the flowing blue energy when you have them equipped alongside her Arcana. I'm hoping there will be a call to the artists to add masks to their items/armor to make them look like they pulse with her blue Arcana energy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Personally, what should be more fun is "counter picking" an enemy PA with one of her Nemisises, and then murdering her. Sounds like its a bit hard to get items though, you both have to fulfill the contract and win the game.

xanavi

Hmm. Seems okay. If there is a contract in every match (highly unlikely) it would take us 33 wins to max out the arcana. 33 wins with a specific hero chosen...that's gonna take quite some time. At least 100 matches if you include losses and matches without a contract target.

Q: How do I evolve my Manifold Paradox Arcana?

The Arcana evolves by earning points. Before December 7th 2014, winning a match with any hero will earn you 3 points. After December 7th 2014, matches must be won using Phantom Assassin, and will earn you 1 point. Earning 40 points will upgrade the weapon to Level 2, and earning 100 points causes the weapon to reach its maximum evolution.

The way I'm interpreting it you don't need to fulfill a single contract kill to level the arcana.

shira

So patch later today? the text reads like it.

Soon means next week.
cHszuuL.png

BeesEight

Hm, I was going to avoid this event since the dota community and performance based item drops never mix well but I'm really tempted to try this out.

How much verbal abuse is a hat truly worth?

No, it's only for game modes that fall under the normal match tab.

Sianos

"The dark bargain is struck. Today through December 7th, the Nemesis Assassin Event will allow all heroes a unique opportunity to earn trophies and items."

today means 11:59 PM PST

"The dark bargain is struck. Today through December 7th, the Nemesis Assassin Event will allow all heroes a unique opportunity to earn trophies and items."

if it's coming today, I expect an update after this last Dreamhack match. So within the next 2 hours or so.

*crosses fingers*

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, the benefit is after day 1, the first few sets of heroes will be those who do the best at killing/beating Oracle. So the first few days you should try and kick the PAs ass, while after about 40 or 50 heroes are in the Graveyard is the time to strike and then spam PA your self.

xanavi

It's a bit confusing. "Winning a match with any hero" outside of the context of this event it's unambiguous but with this event going does winning a match mean you have to have fulfilled a contract as well? It's not that clear to me that's why I said in my interpretation you don't need a single contract kill.

33 wins in two weeks is very doable though if there isn't the requirement of a contract kill.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think this is going to be fun, but with finals coming up I don't know if I'll have much of a chance to enjoy it.

It's a bit confusing. "Winning a match with any hero" outside of the context of this event it's unambiguous but with this event going does winning a match mean you have to have fulfilled a contract as well? It's not that clear to me that's why I said in my interpretation you don't need a single contract kill.

33 wins in two weeks is very doable though if there isn't the requirement of a contract kill.

Yea I'm not clear on that either. But it does read like IF you have the arcana in your inventory, as long as you win a match with anyone, you'll get 3 points. If you want a chance at a drop of a bunch of items, you'll need to play with PA on your team and help her complete her contract. Or help your teammate deny her contract and win.

I think...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yea I'm not clear on that either. But it does read like IF you have the arcana in your inventory, as long as you win a match with anyone, you'll get 3 points. If you want a chance at a drop of a bunch of items, you'll need to play with PA on your team and help her complete her contract. Or help your teammate deny her contract and win.

I think...

Yeah. Getting items will actually be a bit hard, since you both have to win at the contract, and the game it self.

Kard8p3

I'm blind but I don't see the word "today" anyway

Undying, Juggernaut, Riki, Axe, Nature's Prophet, Broodmother, Alchemist, Gyrocopter, Ogre Magi, Meepo, Naga Siren, Enigma, Anti-Mage & Zeus.

Each hero gets a unique take on their tombstone, Anti-Mage's blinks around, Zeus` flashes, Naga has illusion tombstones etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom