• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

You can't tell me that portrait doesn't look just like PA. Granted, I did speak too soon based on the portrait, I admit, but still the portrait very much looks like PA.

As a further point of reference,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnT8jVCyh_E&feature=youtu.be

Might help provide you further clarity. There really is no resemblance in game, though I agree that if you squint really hard shift the LoL character's color scheme from it's pale blue to PA's greenish-blue...the head of the portrait they made for her can remind you of PA. Beyond that is just trying too hard. It's a larger portrait than just the head and the character is wholly different in every possible way.

And with regard to the linked video, I do hope that Valve starts doing similar things for hero release for Dota. I felt like maybe they were going to move in that direction after the Dota movie they made with the CGI mixed in by doing more cg videos and creating more of a lore background.

Alas, we only get weak comic strips.

shira

Omniknight.png

Patch Up!

Kard8p3

Doublehex

Neo Member
Does anyone else have a problem of the game just closing 5 seconds after its started up? This only occurred after I downloaded the patch. I did verify game cache. I also turned off override_vpk.

Yeah, all we need now are the dramatic OSL face zoom-ins.

edit: MVP are actually super legit. Cool to see them do so well against what's arguably a top 3 Western team (on a good day)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I would keep an eye out for Pudge's Scorching Talon. While you can still potentially get it with chest tokens and old keys, if you chose the chest its from, its only a bit rarer then the Dragonclaw hook (About 20% more Scorching Talons compared to Dragonclaws).

Almost finished with the functionality of determining if an item is limited or not, just need to hook up every thing in a few days. Then I can work on making my site look presentable.

Does anyone else have a problem of the game just closing 5 seconds after its started up? This only occurred after I downloaded the patch. I did verify game cache. I also turned off override_vpk.

You got a corrupted file, you need to verify your game cache.

Treasure of the Defender's Vision is a bit weird. You can buy the chest, buy the sets directly, or get the token and play the minigame thing jigger.

god damn mvp are going to be sick at ti5, the lack of experience is so so obvious but they still play very well

looked like they gave up with that last push since they had so few buybacks, but fuck it was a nice game

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sheever's outfit makes her look 15.

Sheever plz, no pedorinos.

inkls

And with regard to the linked video, I do hope that Valve starts doing similar things for hero release for Dota. I felt like maybe they were going to move in that direction after the Dota movie they made with the CGI mixed in by doing more cg videos and creating more of a lore background.

Alas, we only get weak comic strips.

The Dota Cinema video was pretty good, but imo not every hero has a good enough lore to be made into an introductory video (best would prob be Slark and timbersaw to only cite them, but heroes like Terrorblade and Naga would be pretty boring).

And the comics are awesome, first comic since "are we heroes yet?" so they can go only up in terms of content from here.

Satch

Banned
how the fuck is valve gonna let us make Tresdin effigies and then not even have all of her accurate animations with the arcana

im fuming

Quesa

how the fuck is valve gonna let us make Tresdin effigies and then not even have all of her accurate animations with the arcana

im fuming

Techies doesn't even have HIS REMOTE MINE THROWING ANIMATION

like WHAT

On the other hand, you can make ES breakdance so that's one effigy down

Just had a broodmother game where the enemy team managed to put 2 cores against me the entire game and still win every 3v4 teamfight. Un-fucking-believable

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can't tell what sort of prize you would get from the event with the tools I have at the moment. I see one new loot list for a Timed Crate, but that has everything from the normal drop pool in it, so I don't think thats it.

was so good.

it's hard for me to imagine how one could be useless on Oracle. but...if you don't even bother to read about and understand his kit before taking him into matchmaking...well yea.

make someone invisible -> walk away thinking you've done good shit.

The guy's playing a bit better now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom