• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

I'm not sure if Rtz is going to be worth replacing people for if he's not a mid carry that the rest of the team makes space for anyway

It seems like he's been playing tons of safelane carries like antimage on his stream lately, so maybe he'd play the 1 on that team.

shira

na doto said:
I know a guy who works for SteelSeries. Puppey/Kuroky left Navi because Dendi wouldn't agree to kicking Xboct. Management picked Dendi over Puppey due to his popularity and Puppey/Kuroky left. Obviously Navi has fallen off the map. SteelSeries has a ton invested in Navi and has apparently given Puppey 60k and Kuroky 40k to reform Navi.
The new lineup is
Dendi, Funn1k, Puppey, Kuroky, N0tail.
Dendi basically called Puppey, the sponsors got involved, everyone patched things up.

New team secret is S4, EGM, Bulldog, Zai, PPD.
Zai was not too happy with the situation at EG and PPD/Zai are a package deal that aren't going to split up. Zai has wanted to play carry, with PPD/EGM support.
As for the rest of EG/C9/[A] I don't have any information on that.

I like this one

G.ZZZ

Secret is basically alliance - LodAkke + Zai/PPD. New Navi look good if that's it. EG getting USH would mean Fear would play support and RTZ mid again, not sure if i like.

Razzer

Secret is basically alliance - LodAkke + Zai/PPD. New Navi look good if that's it. EG getting USH would mean Fear would play support and RTZ mid again, not sure if i like.

Whitebeard is another respected NA player and a support, maybe him?

kelly posted a tweet about SNAKE and capitalist made another tweet with SNAKE too
THE SNAKE slithers through the grass of a LivE Garden. The Rat hides his cheese from the large, wingLess Dragon. The clock strikes midnight
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! WHO WAS SNAKE?!

All these changes are going to do is ensure a Chinese top 4

Right now there's a bunch of teams with great players but that don't work out(Alliance, Na'Vi, TT, among others), a shakeup could be favorable for some of them. On the other hand there's a high chance Secret is going to get worse, not better. I doubt C9 is going to change at all though now that they're doing better than ever(whether that's because the west is weaker this year or not is a different story).
I like 1437 more than him, he could be good.
kelly posted a tweet about SNAKE and capitalist made another tweet with SNAKE too

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! WHO WAS SNAKE?!

Weird capitalization too, then again she could be trolling so I'm not going to even bother trying to think of something it could mean.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Find it odd the guy brought up C9 at all

Wonder if PPD will move to Sweden, and what will happen with that Asian championship.

shira

I feel
sleeping.gif

Has anyone here even called a single change correctly?
I don't know I haven't been following all the Reddit stuff. Just wait for the teams to confirm the changes and see what lines up.

Most changes should be announced at the end of this year/the start of January because you have all those tournaments (i-League, D2L, Starladder and Dota 2 Asia Championships) which will need rosters locked in early January.

That one just stood out to me because it was pretty funny "I know a guy who works for..."

don't care if lies

word.

it feels the most plausible, tbh (not necessarily that composition, but aggressive movements by the Na'Vi organization). It's been sort of baffling that a brand with the power of Na'Vi (easily the most powerful in Dota and maybe all of eSports) has simply...accepted going down the road to obscurity because of one fucking relationship (dendi + xbox). This shit isn't personal; it's about business. I couldn't believe they'd let Xbox destroy the brand they took years to build. Them reforming Na'Vi would make the world make sense again. The world where business decisions take priority over "playing with muh friends".

KingKong

I don't know I haven't been following all the Reddit stuff. Just wait for the teams to confirm the changes and see what lines up.

Most changes should be announced at the end of this year/the start of January because you have all those tournaments (i-League, D2L, Starladder and Dota 2 Asia Championships) which will need rosters locked in early January.

That one just stood out to me because it was pretty funny "I know a guy who works for..."

do you have any idea when the Dota 2 Asia Championship is? It has a compendium so I assume they'd want to have a month or two of raising the prize pool

Acinixys

word.

it feels the most plausible, tbh (not necessarily that composition, but aggressive movements by the Na'Vi organization). It's been sort of baffling that a brand with the power of Na'Vi (easily the most powerful in Dota and maybe all of eSports) has simply...accepted going down the road to obscurity because of one fucking relationship (dendi + xbox). This shit isn't personal; it's about business. I couldn't believe they'd let Xbox destroy the brand they took years to build. Them reforming Na'Vi would make the world make sense again. The world where business decisions take priority over "playing with muh friends".

At the same time, if Dendi said to management that if 4 was kicked he would also leave they would be in a massive bind

Dendi is the most recognizable, skilled and liked player in the entire scene, and losing him would really fuck with Navis brand image

At the same time, if Dendi said to management that if 4 was kicked he would also leave they would be in a massive bind

Dendi is the most recognizable, skilled and liked player in the entire scene, and losing him would really fuck with Navis brand image

At the same time, as they say,

"one monkey don't stop no show"

You can't let Dendi tank the brand that a team of people (not just players, not just Dendi) spent years building so he can play pro-level with "his buddy" who plays like shit perpetually. Na'Vi has to survive after Dendi. More people than just Dendi gotta eat bro. Endorsement deals will drain away if Na'Vi can't compete at a high level (and right now, they clearly can't). That's not an option for any properly-run business.

Michael Jordan was the most recognizable athlete in the NBA and still is (a decidedly bigger deal than Dendi/Na'Vi) and the Chicago Bulls let him walk to a new team after bringing home 6 championship rings to that city. They didn't give a fuck. The brand is bigger than the individual unless you're in a solo sport/game like Golf or Tennis. The brand must survive. Especially in eSports where turnover is extremely high.

G.ZZZ

Whitebeard is just another average support player, Ush could be a new star player. If EG is picking up Whitebeard they could as well pick the milfstache. But honestly i don't know any new good support player coming out of the NAscene, sadly all the new "names" are midders/farmers and for the usual reasons (difficult to get recognition as support players etc...). Tralf is a possible name but it's hard to evaluate a support player outside of his team.

I just can't win anymore.
I just played out of my fucking mind as Disruptor and it was a 60 minute game and we were clearly winning. When our Void carry just decides to go YOLO mid, dies, buyback, YOLO again dies again -> gg

WHY WHY WHY FUCK THIS GAME

I just played out of my fucking mind as Disruptor and it was a 60 minute game and we were clearly winning. When our Void carry just decides to go YOLO mid, dies, buyback, YOLO again dies again -> gg

No one throws like Void players.

Pratfall

i feel ya bro
SLx19c3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom