• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

I just had a game with a tiny bit of lag get scratched for poor network conditions. I guess that new detection method isn't very good.

kvk1

Now it's time for all of the incompetent PA's to ooze out of the walls!!!

Faced a really incompetent one just now.

Took her almost 45 full seconds in our fountain to get a rampage on our entire team.

Didn't even have an arcana.

Filthy.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit.
4biAnhK.jpg

Is this legit?

So my effigy doesn't have the right hat. I chose an alternate style on the hat on Earth Spirit. Apparently it only takes the base style.

Just discovered an interesting bug in my last match Apparently the contract is tied to the initial player that picked the contract hero and not the hero itself. So if you swap with another player, killing the contract hero doesn't register.

lol, oracle is fuckin broken

I think I've decided that SD, Weaver, Clinkz, and Brew are all really good against supp Oracle. Core Oracle has no counters, though. and will wreck total face if you're not better than they are.

Riki is probably also good now that I think on it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oracle is a ton of fun. I find it really hard to do damage, but the healing is so good. Like super Abaddon.

Hard to believe there are only 3 more heroes left to be added. I hope all of them are as high quality as Oracle. His model and effects are just awesome.

Aselith

Wait does Oracle's second skill disarm? Or no? Cause it says disarm but I think that's just some slowery language for lowering defense? Either that or a PA just totally bugged out on me.

Chris R

So if you deny PA contract you still have to win? Fuuuck that sucks

Even more so when your team is fucking shit and can't even push

Wok

Rampage and win, but contract was denied by Pudge at minute 14. So bad!

vSUk8ot.png

Pudge, I will remember that:

jQAX6jO.png

Fulfilling contracts is hard!

Edit: I have got my 3 points, just not the free item.

2w875I3.png

Haunted

So, Oracle needs mana. Really badly. E is really spammable (though it's not a good spell on its own, need to wait for the Q (offensive) or W (defensive) combo). But since Q and W both have short cooldowns and the ult (well, for an ult) as well... he needs mana. Yet the Valve recommended build lists tranquil boots, mekansm and blink.

That's way too heavy on the mana. I think Mana Boots, a Force Staff and Eul's are much better pickups.

Thoughts on building Oracle?

Haunted

Hard to believe there are only 3 more heroes left to be added. I hope all of them are as high quality as Oracle. His model and effects are just awesome.
Parity is truly, finally within reach!

Ridiculously excited for original new heroes, unshackled by WC3 limitations.

ViviOggi

So, Oracle needs mana. Really badly. E is really spammable (though it's not a good spell on its own, need to wait for the Q (offensive) or W (defensive) combo). But since Q and W both have short cooldowns and the ult (well, for an ult) as well... he needs mana. Yet the Valve recommended build lists tranquil boots, mekansm and blink.

That's way too heavy on the mana. I think Mana Boots, a Force Staff and Eul's are much better pickups.

I've only played him a bit on the test client and, although Flames are pretty cheap, I really don't see how you'd be comfortable with Mek and no Arcanes, especially when played as a poor support without bottle. At least Arcanes seem like a must.

Haunted

The default item guides are often a bit iffy, but this one struck me as just flat out bad when I tried it in a bot match.

NBtoaster

As support I've gone urn>arcane>mek. I havent found him to be critically mana starved. Sometimes the arcanes have had to wait 20 minutes.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Somehow getting thrown into 3700+ TMMR games when our 2 man party has <3k and then getting raped by 70% WR 3 stacks clearly feeding off our NOT >4k players

valve pls you are making me very sad

My theory crafting build: Arcane urn and then Euls then blink.
E then purge the heal with euls (longer range than Q too) get close use E and then easily land Q.

Syn23

Yesterday I tried Oracle and made Urn, Arcane, Force Staff, but I was always low on mana.

He didn't feel as strong as on paper, to me.

Some quick thoughts after trying Oracle with bots, maybe you guys disagree:

- He really needs mana. Euls feels good.
- insane counterpick against agi carrys. Disarm and lots of burst damage
- fates edict than flames can support a nice healing if mana is provided
- feels OP, disarm the enemies carry, nuke a sup and make your own carry invisible all one teamfight? wow
- really bad at pushing/killing creeps, might be a viable strategy against him: Push fast.

Am i totally wrong?

G.ZZZ

Is refresher a legit 5th or 6th item on jugg if you have aghs? Assuming your first items were stuff like bots, aghs, mjollnir, butterfly, I guess abyssal, diffusal or MKB are the alternitives.

Yes yes. You probably want BkB with refresher so you can get those sweet 10 seconds bkb even lategame.

Not had a chance to play him but I just wanted to sat I agree from the little I've seen. Oracle looks immense.

Acinixys

Not had a chance to play him but I just wanted to sat I agree from the little I've seen. Oracle looks immense.

His ulti is super stupid

Now that ive played vs him a few times its clear that it needs some kind of nerf

Making a carry invis every 10 secs is lame

Im considering making a Reddit thread asking Valve to change the PA Arcana a bit

Her legs are SUPER stiff and straight and it look weird

shira

Ok, so the event really can just give you any item in the drop pool like first though. Prepare for Volvo to crash the hat market again.

This team got a Snowdrop set. Unless Valve changes something, tons of sets will drop from this event:
http://i.imgur.com/VV9MbS0.jpg

Edit: Ok, you only have a change of getting a set, so I guess its not going to completely crash the market (Until Russians figure out how to scam the system)

Was the Arcana chance legit high or was it just the few lucky goofballs posting their drops on leddit?

All of the Nem Ass Event items are untradable now?

BraXzy

Woah what is going on. I haven't looked into this update at all but people are telling me Arcana sets are dropping like flies?

Someone got a link to a summary of all this shizzle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom