• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

naww. Pink Bladekeeper is fuckin perfect.

cheeky.gif

Chris R

So I buy a headset with a mic so I can actually talk to my teammates in game for a change only to discover the cord length is 1.2m

WTF SteelSeries, set your game up. I need at least 2m to be comfortable/not ready to rip the cable out of my computer :(

Kard8p3

So I buy a headset with a mic so I can actually talk to my teammates in game for a change only to discover the cord length is 1.2m

WTF SteelSeries, set your game up. I need at least 2m to be comfortable/not ready to rip the cable out of my computer :(

LOL which one did you buy? I run into the same problem

Chris R

ahh ok I have the elite headset. I use to have the V2 but it broke.

Ya it doesn't look that good or look like it will last long but at least it will get me into talking in game for a start.

When they break I might upgrade to a proper pair, just didn't want my $20 free money expiring at Best Buy and couldn't think of a console game I had to have right now.

the mistake you made was buying a steelseries headset.

get a pair of decent headphones and buy a ModMic.

ModMic isn't carried by Best Buy. I have a decent (well, they could be better, but I like them, HD 558) set of headphones.

damn it man, get a modmic and use that bestbuy credit for something decent! most headsets fucking suck. why bother subjecting yourself to an objectively worse audio/sound experience for hours at a time just for the convenience of having to pay less?

like, it'd be different if you planned to use it sparingly...but you're playing PC games like Dota. Which means you'll be wearing them for hundreds of hours. It's worth it to spend a little more and have a decent experience in something you're putting a lot of time into. And because the mic is a separate attachable part, you can keep it even when you upgrade your headphones.

Chris R

I'll get something else when these break (maybe even the ModMic).

I just had $20 at Best Buy that would no longer exist on Monday so I needed to spend it :(

It was the headset or TLOU PS4 when I already have played it on my PS3 :(

shira

damn it man, get a modmic and use that bestbuy credit for something decent! most headsets fucking suck. why bother subjecting yourself to an objectively worse audio/sound experience for hours at a time just for the convenience of having to pay less?

like, it'd be different if you planned to use it sparingly...but you're playing PC games like Dota. Which means you'll be wearing them for hundreds of hours. It's worth it to spend a little more and have a decent experience in something you're putting a lot of time into. And because the mic is a separate attachable part, you can keep it even when you upgrade your headphones.

No way. My Beats by Dre inline-mic is all I will ever need.

Dre 4 lyfe.

No way. My Beats by Dre inline-mic is all I will ever need.

Dre 4 lyfe.

As long as you're not using a mediocre headset, it's fine. The point is you can do better than a shitty headset. dre inline mic, v-moda mic, modmic. all will provide better experiences than 90% of headsets because you can pair them with real, quality headphones.

shira

DAC Asia Qualifier streams:

BTS1 - Tongfu vs CDEC w/ Godz
BTS2 - EHOME vs ACES w/ Lysander
BTS3 - Invasion vs Big God w/ Xyclopz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom