• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I played with Terra Cotta not too long ago, and he said it was approved and everything...

maybe matt knows.
2F8F62D553CCFB32F92F69E324C58D6F1FBEFD4C

He said the D2L Universe ball Void weapon was in too.

TC is a liar and so are you

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How about them servers! Nice work, Volvo. Real fun game you made there.

Hylian7

I just played Techies for the first time since 6.83. The superrunes at 0:00 make for ez first bloods. I just blew up NP right after he was walking back into jungle when he grabbed the rune.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hmm, C9's official Steam account is idle in the Dota Client, that's peculiar.

I wonder if W33 may have ruined Hanni's chacne to create a second C9 team with his silly cheating in EEL stuff, since if Jack says he is willing to pick up a second roster with PLD or Aui on it, Its possible he was considering picking up the new team Hanni is about to come out with.

Big Dog

He said the D2L Universe ball Void weapon was in too.

TC is a liar and so are you

I asked about that exact item earlier in the thread and matt responded that it was indeed left out of the game. I liked it a lot but he says D2L fucked up and waited too long before submitting the item for consideration.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Nightstalker is baller as fuck early game, but he sure as hell can't carry later.

Did not help that Enchantress went Heart first for some inexplicable reason, and Lion rushed aghs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aui did it on his stream. Looks like a bona fide copycat.

bbd23

http://store.steampowered.com/news/15462/

6.83b:
=====
* Respawn time rescaled from 4*Level to 5 + 3.8*Level (total is still 100 at level 25)
* Melee/Ranged Barracks team bounty from 125/75 to 175/100 gold
* Anchor Smash radius reduced from 400 to 375
* Brewmaster's Hurl Boulder damage reduced from 100 to 50 damage
* Pounce damage reduced from 55/110/165/220 to 50/100/150/200
* Juggernaut base armor reduced by 1
* Omnislash cast range reduced from 450 to 350
* Chronosphere manacost increased from 150/175/200 to 150/225/300

* Magic Missile cooldown rescaled from 10 to 13/12/11/10

rofl void

manfestival

6.83b:
=====
* Respawn time rescaled from 4*Level to 5 + 3.8*Level (total is still 100 at level 25)

rofl void
why -1 armor for jugg? WHY? SCREW YOU VALVE

Nightstalker is baller as fuck early game, but he sure as hell can't carry later.

Did not help that Enchantress went Heart first for some inexplicable reason, and Lion rushed aghs.

His nighttime attack speed bonus and silence are pretty amazing in the late game, even as his nuke damage from his first skill becomes completely irrelevant. I've been looking for an opportunity to do the midas first nightstalker that Slahser does, but I haven't had a good game for it yet.

The problem with him is that he has no good ways to farm, so once you fall behind and can't gank you have no ways of catching up. I think he can hold his own with heart + abyssal + bkb vs other cores late game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The Jugg nerfs have begun. If anyone needs me I'll be affixing some rope to my rafters.

xanavi

Why would icefrog want to make early game respawns take longer?

What's he trying to tell us? Farm more, fight less?

Or maybe the added respawn time counter-balances the glyph refresh so if you win a fight early you have more time to take objectives?

KZZnSa1.gif

His nighttime attack speed bonus and silence are pretty amazing in the late game, even as his nuke damage from his first skill becomes completely irrelevant. I've been looking for an opportunity to do the midas first nightstalker that Slahser does, but I haven't had a good game for it yet.

The problem with him is that he has no good ways to farm, so once you fall behind and can't gank you have no ways of catching up. I think he can hold his own with heart + abyssal + bkb vs other cores late game.

NS early malestrom is the way to go it accelerates his farm in nighttime and daytime.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
how does he come up with this shit

You know, the funny thing is this feels long overdue. Like, it was 3 years ago when it was changed to respawn with full mana (Before you only respawend with like 150 and had to regen the rest once you revived), after the change the early game got much more action packed, since people would be back to fights much faster. Now a level 1 death, you take nearly 9 seconds to revive instead of 4 like before. At level 3, its 16.4 instead of 12. Basically its builds in the old time you would stay in base to regen mana from the early game of past version to the death time itself, while getting rid of the awkward situation where you needed to defend the base and you had to play chicken for how long to stay getting you mana back.

Qvoth

6.83b:
=====

rofl void

rip void

Wok

Game is literally broken.

This is how you sell your old TP scrolls for original price.

All you need is a courier.

Step 1: Pick spectre, buy tp scrolls whenever you can until you have 37.

Step 2: Put your tp scrolls on the courier.

Step 3: Buy a new tp scroll.

Step 4: Use deliver button to merge your tp scrolls on yourself. You will get 38 TP scrolls which sells for 3800. Sell it within 10 secs.

Also this is how I farm my radiance on spectre within 25 mins every game even if I die 10 times. Also works with any consumable that stacks.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
why

edit: I think its to counter supports suiciding at lvl2 when they get low hp.

Think it's just a change to encourage you to end games earlier and push for objective gaming (aka raxx). Same dealio with the barracks bounty increase; I didn't do the math, but it seems like he has now shifted all of the tower bounty taken away in 6.82 into raxx. Sometimes games would just go too late simply because the enemy team was too low level, I know it sounds weird, but it's hella hard to push uphill in a stalemate when the enemy is respawning in 30-45s

Haly

Necro please delete Techies from game thanks.

Doom too while you're at it. Cancerous POS.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Necro please delete Techies from game thanks.

Doom too while you're at it. Cancerous POS.

EZ, Doom can remove Techies from the Game, then Necro can remove Doom. Then everyone will be happy and world peace will be brought to us by the Pope of Pestilence.

Void still strong. Fucking most annoying hero I've ever seen in Dota pubs.

Yeah, the nerf basically destorys the ability to get a late game Refresher on carry void, while still making it viable on Offlane Aghs void.

Haly

And then Void can trap Necro in a time lock, after which he retires from dota to go on adventures throughout the galaxy with Windranner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom