• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

yeah only 18 damage, 4 armor, some health and mana, and an armor and mana regen aura for 1000 gold who needs all that

The problem is that it doesn't build into anything and has a short shelf life as it is and you're pumping a thousand gold into it for a minor gain. So then people that get it rush it and really don't see much use from it and are also taking farm away from stuff that's going to be useful throughout the match.

It's not the stats, it's the expense for a dead end item.

If Valve is going to make all these improvements to Effigies they should really think about refunding people who used their's already or make them re-useable or something. It's not really fair...

sixghost

The problem is that it doesn't build into anything and has a short shelf life as it is and you're pumping a thousand gold into it for a minor gain. So then people that get it rush it and really don't see much use from it and are also taking farm away from stuff that's going to be useful throughout the match.

It's not the stats, it's the expense for a dead end item.

So you sell it and buy something else later.

Wait do you not get items if you deny the contract and then win? Cuz that's what I just did/happened to me

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1041086726

oh ok

Also valve aren't going to let me redo my effigy with the proper hat style are they :(
With the latest update, any effigies created after ~8pm last night (Pacific time) should now have working styles, both when previewing an effigy and in-game.

If you created an effigy using styles prior to that, you'll have to contact Chris:

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=150322&p=1179248&viewfull=1#post1179248

Quesa

With the latest update, any effigies created after ~8pm last night (Pacific time) should now have working styles, both when previewing an effigy and in-game.

If you created an effigy using styles prior to that, you'll have to contact Chris:

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=150322&p=1179248&viewfull=1#post1179248

Thanks for this! Sent him a PM.

So is there an email to contact that guy? I'm not a member of that board.

I wasn't either, didn't take long to register. Have to link your Steam to it though. Took me about two minutes.

Vaporak

LMAO EE AND H4NN1 GOT BEEF?

#TeamEE

Just saw the EE/Hanni stuff, and i'm not sure why so many people seem to be on Hanni's side. If you're going to pull a prank on someone about something they care about (as EE obvious does regarding playing ranked), then it's fully and only your fault if they get pissed and retaliate. You can't start shit and be free of repercussions "just because it's a prank".

Acti

Just saw the EE/Hanni stuff, and i'm not sure why so many people seem to be on Hanni's side. If you're going to pull a prank on someone about something they care about (as EE obvious does regarding playing ranked), then it's fully and only your fault if they get pissed and retaliate. You can't start shit and be free of repercussions "just because it's a prank".

I thought I was alone on this.
happytears.gif
I'm so happy...

shira

So is there an email to contact that guy? I'm not a member of that board.

Same thing

What you need to click on an agree to the terms of Steam everytime you queue up? How do you not notice that SEA and India are selected if you are that anal about details related to doto

Or you buy a better item in the first place and don't pay 1000 gold for an item you know you're going to have to sell at a loss.

It makes a fine late game vlads transition if your team doesn't have one already. Sell wraith for 75 and it only costs 1475.

yarden24

Dude, who the hell spills energy drink on a someone and then storms off, what, is he a teenage girl?

Or you buy a better item in the first place and don't pay 1000 gold for an item you know you're going to have to sell at a loss.

Do you also never buy vlads or drums? If you get two kills, survive a gank, or get a tower because of the Aquila, it was a worthy purchase, you don't always rush the big items

Perspective. It's good to have in life.

Carrying on like a petulant child is the kind of behavior that reminds me what's wrong with so many in the community. Bunch of sociopaths.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
He poured a drink on the guys head, it's a dumb cliche. Don't over look they hanni not only screwed with something ee cares a lot about, he gloated about it.

TheCrow

It should've been squashed with the water thing but hanni came back on twitter. Which caused envy to bring out the real talk about how no one wants to be on a team with him.

I like playing as PA generally, and I was pretty happy when the event was announced. The games I've played since then have generally been pretty miserable for me however. Most games someone else insta-locks PA before I do, and those tend to follow the pattern of PA getting free farm and raping face late. The few games I've gotten PA I get ganked mercilessly by Pudges with godly hooks, laned with Oracles who auto attack randomly to mess up my last hitting and get super defensive when I ask them to please stop, and just generally get stomped all over.

On the plus side: I recognize more and more that I need to be able to make the heartless decision of letting the support die without trying to help when they get jumped when they're out of position.

Just got to stay positive...

Wok

I like playing as PA generally, and I was pretty happy when the event was announced. The games I've played since then have generally been pretty miserable for me however. Most games someone else insta-locks PA before I do, and those tend to follow the pattern of PA getting free farm and raping face late. The few games I've gotten PA I get ganked mercilessly by Pudges with godly hooks, laned with Oracles who auto attack randomly to mess up my last hitting and get super defensive when I ask them to please stop, and just generally get stomped all over.

On the plus side: I recognize more and more that I need to be able to make the heartless decision of letting the support die without trying to help when they get jumped when they're out of position.

Just got to stay positive...

I have had the same experience since the start of the event. Maybe it is just unranked being worse than ranked. It is like my teammates want to kill-steal my contract just as I am about to fulfill it, or they just do not care and the target is never ganked.

I usually have to buy all the wards as PA too.

Aselith

Do you also never buy vlads or drums? If you get two kills, survive a gank, or get a tower because of the Aquila, it was a worthy purchase, you don't always rush the big items

Drums and Vlads both have scaling auras. It's not really an apt comparison.

Nymerio

New Phantom Lancer is such a fun hero to play.

Edit: heh, regarding the aquila discussion. I played PL today and had to lane with a medusa because the guy on void had to take safe lane. Was really starved for gold because I let the medusa last hit and got wards throughout the game. I got an aquila sometime and I kept thinking of what aselith said. I ended up selling the aquila pretty soonish to get a vlad's. It was a dead end item for me in that game. In hindsight I should've saved for the vlad's instead of getting the aquila only to sell it later.

BHK3

Banned

Edit: heh, regarding the aquila discussion. I played PL today and had to lane with a medusa because the guy on void had to take safe lane. Was really starved for gold because I let the medusa last hit and got wards throughout the game. I got an aquila sometime and I kept thinking of what aselith said. I ended up selling the aquila pretty soonish to get a vlad's. It was a dead end item for me in that game. In hindsight I should've saved for the vlad's instead of getting the aquila only to sell it later.

theres so much wrong here im just gonna go sleep, i never thought I would see aquilla get hated on over something actually bad like Drums

JC Sera

Just had my first Oracle pub game, he feels so good to play
First blood and went 44 minutes before first death
too bad our Storm Spirit abandoned 5 minutes in and then came back 30 minutes in and started feeding
And I didn't False Promise our carries in time against PA
then we lost
Oracle is OP and fun tho

NBtoaster

You can dissasemble Aquilla to use the Basilius in the Vlads, so you only lose half a wraith band in gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom