• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

loling irl at drums being bad

Any estimates on the event drop chances yet? Just fulfilled my first contract (enemy team had two defeatist madlords blaming mid, who was their best player, in all chat and starting to intentially feed after 12 minutes, score 15-10) and got nothing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
lol everyone's trolling bulldog's bot.

I staple tapeworms to my penis. I staple tapeworms to my penis.

Oracle + DP is one of the sickest combos ever
137593505136.jpg

Have Broodmother and Phoenix been picked yet in pro games?

Phoenix got picked in starladder SEA. No love for the big mama yet.

Drums can help a team get kills and can help a team escape when being chased down. I'm sure it's being called trash by people that dont activate its charges.

You buy early and get a decent stat advantage for very little cost.

If you need stats, why not just get a casual ultimate orb? An ultimate orb is only slightly worse than drums (300 gold more expensive, no convenient buildup, no small attack/movement speed buff), but it builds into a lot of lategame items.

Why get drums on slark if you know you're going for skadi? Why get drums on luna if you know you're going for manta? The only heroes I build drums on are those that don't have a lategame item that builds out of ultimate orb, like ember spirit and phantom assassin (though I've seen skadi and linkens PA out there so maybe I'm wrong here).

shira

If you need stats, why not just get a casual ultimate orb? An ultimate orb is only slightly worse than drums (300 gold more expensive, no convenient buildup, no small attack/movement speed buff), but it builds into a lot of lategame items.

Why get drums on slark if you know you're going for skadi? Why get drums on luna if you know you're going for manta? The only heroes I build drums on are those that don't have a lategame item that builds out of ultimate orb, like ember spirit and phantom assassin (though I've seen skadi and linkens PA out there so maybe I'm wrong here).

piece by piece buying

Wait was Lumi saying Axe can get the culling blade buff from dunking creeps? I didn't think that was true. The ability description says " When an enemy hero is killed with Culling Blade, its cooldown is reset, and Axe and nearby allied units gain bonus movement speed." Or maybe he was joking. It would be kind of neat for his aghs if he could.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Just plopping down 2k for an ultimate orb isn't always feasible/useful early game. Casual bracer is cheap, common and useful item on almost every hero and drum is cheap to complete from it. The lower gold cost, small attack/speed buffs and the active of the drum are all minor advantages on their own, but combined make Drum a really good item in the early/mid game.

Wait was Lumi saying Axe can get the culling blade buff from dunking creeps? I didn't think that was true. The ability description says " When an enemy hero is killed with Culling Blade, its cooldown is reset, and Axe and nearby allied units gain bonus movement speed." Or maybe he was joking. It would be kind of neat for his aghs if he could.

You can dunk creeps for the buff.

shira

typo, it works

loling irl at drums being bad

Any estimates on the event drop chances yet? Just fulfilled my first contract (enemy team had two defeatist madlords blaming mid, who was their best player, in all chat and starting to intentially feed after 12 minutes, score 15-10) and got nothing.

I thought it was guaranteed or something. First game our PA lost the contract and the enemy team got items. Second game we denied the contract and got nothing. :(

Just plopping down 2k for an ultimate orb isn't always feasible/useful early game. Casual bracer is cheap, common and useful item on almost every hero and drum is cheap to complete from it. The lower gold cost, small attack/speed buffs and the active of the drum are all minor advantages on their own, but combined make Drum a really good item in the early/mid game.

Especially getting drums early as a support. Its a nice way to get some stats and still be able to buy wards, courier upgrades. Saving for only high end items as a support is a disaster.

Kathian

Banned
Just had my first Oracle pub game, he feels so good to play
First blood and went 44 minutes before first death
too bad our Storm Spirit abandoned 5 minutes in and then came back 30 minutes in and started feeding
And I didn't False Promise our carries in time against PA
then we lost
Oracle is OP and fun tho

Oracle VS Huskar is hilarious.

luiztfc

When you dunk a creep, you get the buff, but the cooldown is not reset. When you dunk a hero, you get the buff AND the cooldown reset.

Also, keep in mind that although the tooltip doesnt't state this, in both cases you get 40% movespeed bonus AND 40 attack speed bonus and this helps a lot during the teamfight.

Wok

According to DotaBuff Plus, I am better than half of the PA players. Who would have thought so? Not me, especially since I have never managed to fulfill a contract and win in the same game.

vNSWAoj.png

Skipping Battlefury if I cannot get it before the 25 min mark seems to be a good strategy.

This is my goto build when I don't need to or cannot farm that fast:

PeyEzeF.png

Razzer

According to DotaBuff Plus, I am better than half of the PA players. Who would have thought so? Not me, especially since I have never managed to fulfill a contract and win in the same game.

vNSWAoj.png

Skipping Battlefury if I cannot get it before the 25 min mark seems to be a good strategy.

This is my goto build when I don't need to or cannot farm that fast:

PeyEzeF.png

Where yo BKB at man.

Edit: Oh there it is, whoops. Should still be earlier.

None of the TI3 finals games were 'close' in the conventional sense of the word.

The match points were traded evenly back and forth, but the matches themselves usually involved one side grabbing the advantage early and winning with it.

Except for the infamous match 5, which wasn't 'close' so much as 'with wild swings.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom