• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Day ruined all because some idiot had to work on electrical cables and didn't warn me that electricity would go off, which in turn caused the pc to not be able to boot anymore because memory got corrupted, which in turn made me 1 hour maintenance and all day ruined GGGGGG

Madouu

10-0 with magnus since I started playing the hero again last month, and this is with me not playing well at all, the hero is just good. I think I've preached disruptor enough, it's time for you guys to give magnus some love too.

BOzyhZq.jpg

Also, Na`vi vs HR starting (featuring Dendi Mag): http://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en

Can someone recommend to me a keyboard? Ideally:

- Not loud
- Light key activation (light like what you might find on a chiclet-style keyboard). No long travel.
- Backlighting would be nice but not necessary
- Macros not necessary
- Kitchen sink not necessary
- Needs to be available for purchase in the US. Local or Amazon preferred.
- < $150, and the lower the better if the quality is there.

I think brown or red switches will be the ones that are most suited for your needs.

Black requires a bit of force and blues are too loud for you.

That got out of hand really fucking quickly.

Also don't reds make zero noise (therefore removing half of the reason to use a mechanical keyboard)?

abunai

Topre switches are fairly quiet and don't have a huge travel distance or actuation point but would probably break the price limit unfortunately

I'm not enjoying the new AP non-ranked mode at all tbh. I takes too long and people counterpick the shit ouf of me because they get so much time to think about team compositions and counters.

I'm glad they changed it so 2nd pick wasn't hella OP but still, the new mode has decreased my joy of AP to be frank.

I'm not enjoying the new AP non-ranked mode at all tbh. I takes too long and people counterpick the shit ouf of me because they get so much time to think about team compositions and counters.

I'm glad they changed it so 2nd pick wasn't hella OP but still, the new mode has decreased my joy of AP to be frank.
you found joy in ap before?

Juggernaut suits XBOCT very nicely. I've said before that heroes like Bloodseeker (pre 6.82) and Bristleback where he can just run around and do damage instead of being more careful would work well with him.

Falk

that puzzling face
Juggernaut suits XBOCT very nicely. I've said before that heroes like Bloodseeker (pre 6.82) and Bristleback where he can just run around and do damage instead of being more careful would work well with him.

I always joked that giving XBOCT something like Medusa that won't automatically die when he zergs in was the best drafting ever for Na'Vi. Or at the very least, is tanky enough that there's an opening for the team to successfully bail him out or turn things around.

Now I'm not so sure it was a joke.

This sounds like shade.
It's not intended to be. His playstyle involves running into fights which on some heroes (like Anti-Mage which he played an awful lot of) just will not work.

Therefore, letting him play heroes that benefit from that sort of playstyle more often would benefit him and Navi in the long run.

I always joked that giving XBOCT something like Medusa that won't automatically die when he zergs in was the best drafting ever for Na'Vi. Or at the very least, is tanky enough that there's an opening for the team to successfully bail him out or turn things around.

Now I'm not so sure it was a joke.
Dusa is another example, yes.

2013 Lifestaler was fucking obnoxious. I don't mind seeing him in trench tier at all.

Heroes that were OP in pubs at one point (started playing on January 2013) and will hopefully never be buffed again:

- Lifestealer
- Spirit Breaker
- Omniknight
- Warlock
- Faceless Void
- Broodmother
- Nyx Assassin

These guys were the bane of my existence when they were OP. There were obviously a lot of other OP heroes around (Earth Spirit, TB, Phoenix and so forth), but these fuckers absolutely ruined my pubs when they were in their prime. Void still does.

kvk1

Reading through all of this new drama, all I can say is that some of these kids are going to regret living out their young-adult angsty shenanigans in the open public like this. Somewhere down the road they'll look back and go: what in the hell was I thinking?

Regardless of whether he's being serious or not, I think it's adorable how Artour tries to correlate his life to Grey's Anatomy episodes.

I used to do the same thing with House M.D. episodes back in high school. Telling everyone how my life mirrored it so much. It's excruciatingly embarrassing looking back.

facepalm.gif

Night_Hand

Neo Member
I used to do the same thing with House M.D. episodes back in high school. Telling everyone how my life mirrored it so much. It's excruciatingly embarrassing looking back.

facepalm.gif

I tell people my life mirrors Michael Cera in arrested development. Except, you know, the part about having a crush on my cousin.

Demoli

I don't get this Manta on Ember. The entire point of the item on the hero is to dispell silences and slows, which the enemy team have None bar Curse of Avernus and Skewer.

Essentially burning up an item slot.

xanavi

A guy I play doto with said he just got through playing with a guy that would gather other players' IP addresses during a match and DDOS them.

Peep the abandons on the other side in his recent games.

I googled a bit and found this board where a guy claims to use steamworks APIs to get IPs

Is this still a thing?

Matt, does volvo already know about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom